Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 7:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Circumcision thread
RE: Another Circumcision thread
(October 7, 2016 at 2:41 pm)Aegon Wrote:
(October 7, 2016 at 2:38 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I suppose it depends upon the types of mutilation one finds justifiable, for whatever reason, or if not justifiable acceptable.  

Hack of a clitoris...you're a monster.....hack off foreskin, just another loving parent.

Are we going to have to go into the obvious differences between male and female circumcision? I suppose it'd be a waste of time

We won't be able to find any obvious differences for the justifications people offer for either.  -That-, is the problem. Except that it's not a problem, obviously. You see fgm as abhorrent, but are indifferent to mgm.

I mean hell, aegon, you just told us that you're okay with snipping a dick, for, literally, no reason at all. At least the whackos that slice clits give a clear-cut reason...whether we agree with it or not. Amusingly, it's the same reason we circumcise. God wants it done/cultural tradition.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 7, 2016 at 2:45 pm)c172 Wrote: OT, but geez, I keep thinking BM's a guy. I guess the Donald av made me think she looked vaguely like him (which maybe she still does?).

You could always ask her.
Don't need to, now.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 7, 2016 at 2:41 pm)Aegon Wrote:
(October 7, 2016 at 2:38 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I suppose it depends upon the types of mutilation one finds justifiable, for whatever reason, or if not justifiable acceptable.  

Hack of a clitoris...you're a monster.....hack off foreskin, just another loving parent.

Are we going to have to go into the obvious differences between male and female circumcision? I suppose it'd be a waste of time

Are you sure the differences are obvious? Perhaps you're only considering the extreme type of FGM?

An essay worth reading:

https://aeon.co/essays/are-male-and-fema...equivalent
(October 7, 2016 at 2:50 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(October 7, 2016 at 2:41 pm)Aegon Wrote: Are we going to have to go into the obvious differences between male and female circumcision? I suppose it'd be a waste of time

Are you sure the differences are obvious? Perhaps you're only considering the extreme type of FGM?

An essay worth reading:

https://aeon.co/essays/are-male-and-fema...equivalent

Can't be bothered to read a fucking essay   Wink

Just kidding. Love aeon. Thanks for reminding me it exists.
(October 7, 2016 at 2:38 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I suppose it depends upon the types of mutilation one finds justifiable, for whatever reason, or if not justifiable... acceptable or tolerable.  

Hack off a clitoris...you're a monster.....hack off foreskin, just another loving parent trying to make good decisions for your spawn.

We're ridiculous animals...but we're -used- to being ridiculous, so....meh.

Bold is mine.

I am guessing that even though we are atheists/Christian/Jew/Muslim, we still believe that the male will always be dominant even in the 21st century. With respect, I know it is horrible, and I know that Jews and Muslims (both male and female) do it, but I cannot for the life of me understand why Christians would do such a thing. It is about time all religions got their act together, stop giving worthless sainthoods to people not worthy, and start looking after those who they are supposed to represent. Religion will be the death of many people to come... Sad
(October 7, 2016 at 2:57 pm)RobertE Wrote:
(October 7, 2016 at 2:38 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I suppose it depends upon the types of mutilation one finds justifiable, for whatever reason, or if not justifiable... acceptable or tolerable.  

Hack off a clitoris...you're a monster.....hack off foreskin, just another loving parent trying to make good decisions for your spawn.

We're ridiculous animals...but we're -used- to being ridiculous, so....meh.

Bold is mine.

I am guessing that even though we are atheists/Christian/Jew/Muslim, we still believe that the male will always be dominant even in the 21st century. With respect, I know it is horrible, and I know that Jews and Muslims (both male and female) do it, but I cannot for the life of me understand why Christians would do such a thing. It is about time all religions got their act together, stop giving worthless sainthoods to people not worthy, and start looking after those who they are supposed to represent. Religion will be the death of many people to come... Sad

I can't for the life of me understand how one sex can be dominant over the other. It's a ridiculous notion.

No one should hide under the umbrella of their sex. That's stupid. Nor should anyone mistreat you based on your sex. Both of those are irrational ways to be in the world.

I see people as individuals, not as males and/or females.
I don't identify myself with men as a group. We don't have a governing body or anything like that. I'm just more similar to them than women. But I won't ever take the side of anyone over anyone else just because I'm the same sex with them or not.

So I don't see how that should be even relevant here. Both female and male genital mutilation are wrong. Sex has nothing to do with it, from that angle. It's about individuals having their genitals fucked with for no reason.
A bit long to read, but a fantastic piece:

http://returntonow.net/2016/03/02/circum...d-torture/

[quote]
Keep in mind that a boy is usually circumcised within his first few days, or even hours, of life. He’s been comfortable, warm and protected in his mother’s womb for nine months. It’s possible the only person he is aware of is the woman who’s been nursing him, holding him, kissing him and whispering sweet nothings into his ear. Then, suddenly, he is strapped down by a stranger, tortured beyond comprehension and put back into his mother’s arms. Think about the damage that does to the mother/son bond. He can’t trust her anymore. For all he knows she was complicit in the activity – she didn’t appear to do anything to try to stop it. He can’t trust his father either. He can’t trust anyone.[/quote]

Very important bolded part. The most important bond in any mammalian form.
[Addressed to EP.} Well they do have 'reasons' even if you don't think they're valid. There is no law against it. Reasonable people should be able to disagree about it without coming to blows.