Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 11:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
RE: A quick word on "Overwhelmingly Negative Influences"
(November 9, 2016 at 1:31 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: [Image: 2598tae.jpg]

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how thoroughly good this meme is? Thank you Thumps.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Yes, that is a great meme.
(November 9, 2016 at 1:45 pm)Drich Wrote:
(November 7, 2016 at 7:02 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: You did when you said "save you from your fate". With all of the terminal disease/events listed obviously death was the subject/fate. If there was not fear, what would the human need to be saved from?

This was a bargain, made out of fear. You've done nothing to convince me otherwise.

Good glob...

Accepting one's fate means you do not fear it but have accepted it. Me calling my inevitable death fate demonstrates I donot fear death.

If you read my thread on it I never begged for my life. I simply asked for direction.

You keep flapping, I'll keep laughing.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 9, 2016 at 5:34 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Let me further point out one should be free to express their sentiments about something they dislike without being told not to listen. That's an incredibly insulting thing to say.

Actually, no that's ridiculous. You're free to express your sentiments; whether someone else tells you not to listen or not is their own freedom. And it's not insulting: if you don't like offensive jokes then don't listen to them. I'm expressing my own freedom by saying that; you can't limit my freedom just like I can't limit yours.

Quote:Making light of abortions makes you a horrible human being. Taking care of a puppy makes you a good one. Making a bad joke makes you unfunny. Singing a good song makes you fun. All those things are compatible. Deal with it.

I'm putting this post in the hall of shame with bolding added for emphasis of the particularly stupid parts.
(November 9, 2016 at 2:50 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(November 9, 2016 at 2:06 pm)Stimbo Wrote: And you're being your usual self. I don't give a shit. Stop projecting.

I explained myself, whereas you're merely attacking me right now with no reasoning whatsoever. You rely a little too much on the caricature set up about me in people's minds. You encourage it further, in fact, unjustifiably so.  And then you wonder I don't make an effort to correct that impression. 

Or, put more simply, ad hominems. You can do better than that. Do try.

For fuck's sake grow up and grow a set. Not everything is a personal attack on you.

Get it yet? You don't mean enough to me for me to bother.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 9, 2016 at 4:33 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(November 9, 2016 at 2:50 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I explained myself, whereas you're merely attacking me right now with no reasoning whatsoever. You rely a little too much on the caricature set up about me in people's minds. You encourage it further, in fact, unjustifiably so.  And then you wonder I don't make an effort to correct that impression. 

Or, put more simply, ad hominems. You can do better than that. Do try.

For fuck's sake grow up and grow a set. Not everything is a personal attack on you.

Get it yet? You don't mean enough to me for me to bother.

It's a Pamprin moment. This too shall pass.
I want to make a joke about bleeding cunts, but I'm a gentleman so I won't.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 9, 2016 at 4:38 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I want to make a joke about bleeding cunts, but I'm a gentleman so I won't.

There's a little Trump in all of us, eh?
There was, but I clenched and sorted it out.
(November 9, 2016 at 4:57 pm)Stimbo Wrote: There was, but I clenched and sorted it out.

Hope you didn't blow out an O-ring.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Quick Update Tiberius 4 1919 January 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious