Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 9:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you?
RE: What are you?
It's okay... I can figure it out all by myself... Tongue
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
I'm confused on the meaning of "meaning" in this diagram. And wether or not the first question is one on knowledge or belief?
Actually, the more I look at this diagram the more I find it to be bollocks.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I too am hung up on the word MEANING. Why does there need to be "meaning", why should there be "meaning", and to what or whom is there "meaning"? How far reaching is that "meaning"? Furthermore, who cares about that meaning?

Depending on how I answer that, I end up in "humanist", "nihilist" or "naturalist".
Existentialist? Hmmmm . . .
Existentialist/Humanist/Relativist.

Did I do it wrong? Tongue
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
Okay, got the image to load Smile

I got Agnostic->Existentialist.

Major problems though;

They have the definition of Naturalism completely wrong, naturalism isn't a 'value' position, it is a metaphysical/ontological position. Nautalism is compatible with Existentialism, Humanism and Relativism. Humanism is not one thing, I am a Secular Humanist in the general sense but more specific forms of Humanism are incompatible with my individualism or my understanding of Rights. Atheism and Agnosticism cannot both be reached on this chart either.
Relativist, apparently.
"Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude." - Arthur Schopenhauer
existentialist. That is only because I find nihilism as a tool or perspective rather than an approach to life.
Atheist existentialist ...
Trying to update my sig ...
The hell is going on here?

Nihilistic existential determinist.

And you'd have to be stupid to be an existentialist without also being a nihilist.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day