Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 9:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I nuts? I like Jesus..:)
RE: Am I nuts? I like Jesus..:)
(July 17, 2017 at 10:34 am)Dropship Wrote: To me Jesus ROCKS, for example here he is in action against the snooty priests telling them they're full of shit, so can I ask whose side atheists are on, his or the priests?

"You're like whitewashed tombs which look clean on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean" (Matt 23:27)
[Image: Jesus-v-snoots.gif]

Yep.

Actually actual video footage of the actually actual Jesus ™:

(July 17, 2017 at 4:51 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(July 17, 2017 at 11:48 am)Khemikal Wrote: -and feeding him, and housing him, and humoring him.........  Rolleyes

Kind of like a less useful Paul Erdős...

I have met two people with a number 2, both Cambridge mathematicians. What an amazing and interesting man.
(July 17, 2017 at 10:34 am)Dropship Wrote: To me Jesus ROCKS, for example here he is in action against the snooty priests telling them they're full of shit, so can I ask whose side atheists are on, his or the priests?

"You're like whitewashed tombs which look clean on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean" (Matt 23:27)

I would love to have a friend that can turn water into wine and go terrorize bankers and tax collectors!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(July 18, 2017 at 6:32 pm)chimp3 Wrote:

I would love to have a friend that can turn water into wine and go terrorize bankers and tax collectors!

I can turn wine to water and would love to terrorise bankers and tax collectors.
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 18, 2017 at 11:22 am)Dropship Wrote: Wow, this sensational thread has already produced 5 pages of replies,

Well that sort of depends on how you define 'replies'.
From the day you registered you've been subjected to an unmerciful battering, and have been mocked off the page. Now why would this be?
Is it totally out of the question that you’re a standard issue time wasting troll?  One of your biggest problems is; you are a very boring person. And by that I mean; a tedious, unimaginative, boring person. There is nothing here we haven't seen before.
Has an original thought ever crossed your mind?  
Imaginative Trolls; no problem. A cleaver cunt? We will fall on your neck with a scream.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Quote:Wow, this sensational thread has already produced 5 pages of replies, proving yet again just how much interest a young 30-yr-old carpenter generates 2000 years after his worldly death and makes Christianity the biggest peloton on the road..

As usual you miss the point.  I'm far more intrigued by morons who believe such a silly story after 2,000 years.  Time to grow up, sonny.

Damn it. I read the title and the first four words and expected something so much more profound.
(July 18, 2017 at 11:34 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Bad stuff:

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear … “ Matthew 6:25

“Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,’ he said, “Why did you doubt?” Matthew 14:31

“If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.” Matthew 18:8

'For I am come to SET A MAN AT VARIANCE AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND THE DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND THE DAUGHTER IN LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER IN LAW. And a MAN'S FOES SHALL BE THEY OF HIS OWN HOUSEHOLD.' Matthew 10: 35-36

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:26

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." Luke 12: 51-53

"And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life." Matthew 19:29

"The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection." Luke 20: 34-36

"Woman, what have I do to with thee?" John 2: 4

You should read the Gospels. They're full of interesting stuff. And I'm not even getting into how Jesus feels about figs or does to the property of swineherds.

Dropship Wrote:Wow, this sensational thread has already produced 5 pages of replies, proving yet again just how much interest a young 30-yr-old carpenter generates 2000 years after his worldly death and makes Christianity the biggest peloton on the road..Smile

The 'What is everyone up to' thread is up to 3,727 posts. Proving yet again how much interest idle conversation can generate.

Thank you for fielding that one, M.A., I hate repeating the same stuff to ignoramuses. But seriously, Dropped Loads, did you not read any of the rest of the thread or just not absorb any of it that you actually had to ask me what flaws there were in the guy?
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
*decloak*

OP sounds like a youth pastor trying to hook children into his cult.

"You know who else was a long-haired rebel who broke the rules and fought against the man? Jesus."

It's about as opposite of rocking as one can get.

*recloaking*
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Here's my latest batch of replies in pretty green ink..Smile-

Drfuzzy quote- "It's a book of fairy tales. Atheists see no evidence for the existence of any deity"
Some atheists are not so sure..

[Image: Dawks-not-sure_zps16357b9a.jpg]

----------------------------------------------

Vorlon13 quote- "I Like Them Big and Stupid

Lyrics-

When I need somethin' to help me unwind

I find a six foot baby with a one track mind

Smart guys are nowhere, they make demands

Give me a moron with talented hands

I go bar-hopping and they say last call

I start shopping for a Neanderthal.."

Here ya go mate-
"Ugh...me do not like dat Jesus man...ugh"

[Image: neanderthal2_zpsd6fddxzf.jpg]

------------------------------------------

Ignoramus quote- "OP, I like Darth Vader, am I crazy?"
Call me picky, but I think I prefer Leia myself..

[Image: leia_zpsrvswlkk1.jpg~original]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon Moon quote (re the Sermon on the Mount)- "What [Jesus] is saying here is, "Don't worry about tomorrow. Don't save money, don't store food for the winter, don't plan for retirement... live for today and trust that God will make everything work out. This is some of the worst advice in the entire sermon.."
Jesus was simply saying "Chillax and be ultra-kool ", but some people interpret it wrongly to mean "leave everything to God".
For examp I know a middleaged "christian" street preacher who won't lift a finger to help himself because he trusts 100% that "God will provide", and as a result he's got 2 failed marriages behind him because his wives got sick of him; he's been hauled up court twice for not paying his poll tax; he's had his electric, gas and phone cut off at various times for not paying his bills, and he pedals around on his bike after dark without lights! 
I told him to stop being so friggin sloppy-minded and get some organisation into his life, and reminded him of this verse-
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of selfdiscipline" (2 Tim 1:7), but he ignores it, so now I ignore him!

Mordant quote (also on the  Sermon on the Mount) "What I most certainly DID take from this was that if you mean well, try your best to do well, and trust god with what's beyond your powers, everything WILL be okay. When it wasn't, that was the beginning of the end for my relationship with Christian thinking."
Most Christians correctly interpret it to mean we shouldn't worry about anything and simply give life our best shot knowing that God has got our backs, and develop a mindset that helps us roll with the punches that life throws at us, it doesn't mean we'll never get socked.  That's why Christians are generally kool and unfazed, whereas non-religionists tend to be like wagons without springs, jolted by every pebble on life's road..Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inkfeather 132 quote- I personally don't think you're any more nuts for liking Jesus then you are for liking any other character from a book.
Davy Crockett was my boyhood hero and he was as flesh-and-blood as Jesus, he used to go around putting red indians and grizzly bears in their place, whereas Jesus used to go around putting the snooty priests and their lackeys in their place..Smile
PS- me and my schoolpal Dave Theobold used to go around in our Davy Crockett outfits looking for renegade indians and grizzly bears but they were pretty thin on the ground in our sleepy english village..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vorlon13 quote- BTW, which Jesus are we liking here?
The original Jesus, the Jewish one of Scriptures, sent by the Jewish God in fulfillment of Jewish Law and Jewish prophecy, to the Jewish people, to preach a perfected form of Judaism, assisted by 12 Jewish disciples, and conducting His ministry in the Jewish lands,
 -or-
the refurbished, rewritten, revised and reimagined Jesus, the Christian version the Apostle Paul felt was a little easier to sell to the masses ?
Paul's street cred was pretty good, he said- "Follow Jesus not me, I wasn't crucified for you"
Jesus was sent by God to bust the snooty priests stranglehold on the masses and the people soon cottoned on-
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Peter 1:18 )
Below-
1- "Just you stick with me chum"
2- "Thanks JC, you're my main man"
3- "Hey kiddo, why do you talk to riffraff like him?"
4- "On yer bikes you dickheads!"

[Image: jesus-run-in_zpsg2rv9qne.jpg]
------------------------------------------

mh brewer quote- "I prefer the one that said the world would end approximately 2000 years ago, and then it didn't."
JC simply meant that his generation wouldn't pass away before seeing the establishment of Christianity on earth. Mission accomplished..Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1086 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump