Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 10:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testimony is Evidence
RE: Testimony is Evidence
Not to mention there is nothing metaphysics altering about a guy giving a speech .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Correction:
(September 8, 2017 at 11:43 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Millenium hand and fish shrimp.

Buggrit.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:1. Atheists have decided to be theists.
2. Such decision requires a major change to world view.
3. People don't make decisions that require major changes to world view without a clear metric to evaluate evidence.
3. There's no evidence for religious beliefs other than testimony.
4. Therefore, testimony is evidence which can be evaluated by a clear metric.
Wow you managed to get every point wrong . Fuck your stupid
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Quote:Jesus ended up crucified. Paul rotted away in prison. Muhammed ended up powerful and possibly wealthy. That doesn't prove that any of them were correct, but it's a factor for consideration.

Again, these are beliefs without a shred of evidence to support them.  The lack of supporting evidence suggests quite strongly that they are total bullshit.
Quote:I'll claim that Jesus and Paul suffered on the basis of the Bible. You said the Muslim will do the same thing. How?
Muslims will claim that there profit . Had visions that told him stuff no human every could have. rose to heaven after talking to profits etc etc etc. Everyone just as credible as the claim Paul and Jesus suffered. And no objective standard between .

And once again people can lie with nothing to gain . Or there reasons can be hidden . Or they can be honest but totally delusional . And no delusion does not mean insane or suffering from a specific mental illness .

essentially Beta's pulling the they would not die for lie bullshit . This has been refuted six ways from sunday.

Why it's wrong

https://celsus.blog/2012/12/18/48/

And again

http://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/9978

Inuit Proverb

(September 8, 2017 at 3:11 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:1. Atheists have decided to be theists.
2. Such decision requires a major change to world view.
3. People don't make decisions that require major changes to world view without a clear metric to evaluate evidence.
3. There's no evidence for religious beliefs other than testimony.
4. Therefore, testimony is evidence which can be evaluated by a clear metric.
Wow you managed to get every point wrong . Fuck your stupid

It's just amazing that you and Astonished think these are my points, when it's obvious I was taking points from Benny and using them against him.
I never said those were your points Idiot . And i'm well aware that you were trying to use benny points against him. Which is why I said you got every point wrong .All of bennies points wrong. God your dense .

Inuit Proverb

(September 8, 2017 at 11:43 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(September 6, 2017 at 5:45 am)Cyberman Wrote: Woof bloody woof.

Millenium hand and fish.

SQUEAK
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(September 8, 2017 at 3:10 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Correction:
(September 8, 2017 at 11:43 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Millenium hand and fish shrimp.

Buggrit.

It referred to any sea creature, woof.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 8, 2017 at 3:43 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(September 8, 2017 at 3:11 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Wow you managed to get every point wrong . Fuck your stupid

It's just amazing that you and Astonished think these are my points, when it's obvious I was taking points from Benny and using them against him.

Oh, so then you also misunderstood Benny's points like the moron we all know you are. No surprises there. But we still refuted your straw man versions of those points too. And you were too stupid to understand that, too. Wow. Just wow.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Neurosurgeon Provides Evidence Against Materialism Guard of Guardians 41 5695 June 17, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 14205 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Testimony: Are we being hypocritical? LadyForCamus 86 10747 November 22, 2017 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true? Mudhammam 268 38345 February 3, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: WisdomOfTheTrees
  Anecdotal Evidence RoadRunner79 395 62297 December 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What philosophical evidence is there against believing in non-physical entities? joseph_ 150 14813 September 3, 2016 at 11:26 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The nature of evidence Wryetui 150 17839 May 6, 2016 at 6:21 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Witness Evidence RoadRunner79 248 40872 December 17, 2015 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence RoadRunner79 184 33776 November 13, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Miracles are useless as evidence Pizza 0 1279 March 15, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Pizza