Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 3:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vor is up for a cholecystectomy
RE: Vor is up for a cholecystectomy
SHIT !!!

Just noticed something on Medica webpage.

Might have to change medical provider.  I'm not sure, but the outfit listed isn't the one I'm going to.

Jesus Fucking Christ, goddamit . . .

addendum:

yeah, Medica has a preferred provider system and outfit I'm with ain't it.

Jesus fucking Christ, why I have to worry about this too?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

We found radically different lists when comparing the gold and silver coverage's. Gold very limited, silver more choices. To get the doc's that my wife needs we'll be on the silver. Better premium, one fucked up deductible.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Checked web site, all levels have same provider pref. Thanks for suggestion to check, though. I suppose they bring in enough warm (ill) bodies to the same health system they can get a break on price.

I'll check with agent too. It's a rare situation, but I really do have considerable faith in my agent.

Additionally, I'm in the midst of situation, I'm pretty sure (if agent concurs) that money spent on better insurance level is the better deal.

Gotta look at the bottom line . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Sucks. This country respects the right of insurance companies to make a living by parasitizing our healthcare system without adding a goddam thing.
well,

I'm relying on the existing condition thingy. ACA never attracted enough healthy people willing to pay premiums to amortize the sick people they were guaranteed to draw. (although when I signed up I was firmly of the belief I was one of the healthier folks getting on board regardless of the obvious stupidness of my applying knowing/assuming that, not sure who the joke is on now considering how things turned out)

I'm a guaranteed loss for whoever winds up with me in 2018. And I'm actively exploiting information insurance company is required to provide to minimize what I'm going to spend next year which means I'm 100% not looking out for them at all. This ain't the insurance I had before ACA, that's for sure. Too bad it's not going to work, the oft noted "premium death spiral" is a vividly real aspect to me, and a sad (pre)post mortem to something that could have been a shit load better.

Another discussion point for dr today (have a post op session this PM)

I've been having hot flashes. Not incapacitating, but annoying. I'm assuming it has to do with inflammatory response to my gall bladder being lit up. Additionally, yeah, it's 3:30 in the morning here. Woke up and I've had a night sweating bout and I'm trying to dry off a bit.

Poo.

(November 8, 2017 at 5:35 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Another discussion point for dr today (have a post op session this PM)

I've been having hot flashes.  Not incapacitating, but annoying.  I'm assuming it has to do with inflammatory response to my gall bladder being lit up.  Additionally, yeah, it's 3:30 in the morning here.  Woke up and I've had a night sweating bout and I'm trying to dry off a bit.

Poo.

Have you taken your temp?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Menopause?
ROFLOL

Only had one Norco yesterday (despite considerable gall bladder discomfort) and managed a near normal AM BM today. Only had Fibercon and that is GREAT !