Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vor is up for a cholecystectomy
Vor is up for a cholecystectomy
Indeed.

After decades of under performing and malfunctioning, my gall bladder is getting ripped out.

If the medicos let me down, I'm prepared to take it out myself with a steak knife.

Sheesh, what a miserable experience! And as my condition noticeably worsened over the last few weeks, I realize I've been having quite a few symptoms, steady for most of this year. I've been attributing the last few months of discomfort to for some reason no longer tolerating my Fibercon. Um yeah, that was the gallstones marching around with pitch forks and torches.

ooops . .

LOL, haven't eaten a thing since supper last night, and it's actually feeling a bit better now. That and the narcotic pain killer. Yeah, I'm being careful. And I've skipped doses a few times so I can drive myself for doctor consults and exams.

The change in routine and diet that commenced with harvest season was the last straw. I tough it out for a couple weeks, but it just got to be too much so I yelled "uncle' and went to see my physician.

He ordered an ultra sound, and I'm packed tight with gallstones. The gall bladder itself is inflamed too. (I might have worked that out on my own, BTW) Anyhow, procedure is scheduled, and barring complications, it is literally an out patient thing these days (IMO) even if the facility won't describe it that way. Supposedly this can be accomplished in 4 -5 hours, and I'm on board for that !!!

And LOL, I've already put my deductible on my charge card, so, they've accepted filthy lucre for this dirty deed, and they gotta do it now.

And that really wasn't funny, I'm outta pocket over a $1000 so far for this, and if I wasn't so eager to be rid of this malfunctioning subsystem, I'd be whining about the deductible even more than I am now.

Turned 60 this year and with 3 cancer scares, an arthritic shoulder, and now radioactive polonium gallstones from HELL, I can't say getting old has been much a golden time for me.

Have been assured by EVERYONE, the relief upon removal will be manifest and nearly immediate. Looking forward to a happy ending to this unhappy little chapter.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Vor is up for a cholecystectomy
It only gets worse as you get older.

I trust the surgeons won't kill you during the procedure. I'd only worry if Valkyrie happened to be the one slicing you open.

Best of luck with your stay at the hospital.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Good luck my friend! Tell your doc to exorcise every last one of those little fuckers!!! When is your procedure?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Hell, I'd let Valk whittle it out.

Strikes me as funny.

It is sufficiently uncomfortable, I'm not too concerned how it gets out. Even a wire coat hanger gall bladder abortion has a certain charming appeal.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Had mine out last winter. Morphine, ask for it by name.
You sure they'll let you drive after the sedation?  They will be liable if you drive yourself home, and knowing that, will insist you have a driver. Gotta get it done, that part's for sure. Good medicine!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Reported. For calling yourself out, Vorlie.
I have a cousin dropping me off and picking me up.

And the painkiller I'm already on contains hydrocodone.

My first experience with it. I'm befuddled that it is consider an appropriate drug in how it seems to work. At least on me.

It does nothing to the pain, --but-- I find myself not caring.

It is a weird and unsettling effect. Also, and VERY bizarrely, when it's making me not care about my gall bladder pain, it has no effect on my shoulder pain.

My shoulder problem is really striking me as something quite unusual. After the gall bladder chapter is concluded, I'll press my physician to nail down better what's going on with my shoulder. I seem to have symptomology unlike anyone else I know with shoulder trouble.

Also, I've had to stop the aspirin and the motrin I've been gulping by the handful as they affect clotting ability, something the doctors feel is important while they are savagely hacking away at your flesh with razor sharp machetes.

I just realy really really want to get this damn thing out of me. It's time, it's been a pain for decades, and as long as it's in me, I have very little quality of life.

If you get the laparoscopic procedure you'll have four small holes, three in a line and one in the umbilicus, the "exit" for parts not needed any more. I didn't need any meds after 72 hours.
Good luck man! Pretty straight forward procedure in this modern hitech world...

{Iggy mutters some ancient Greek incantations for Zeus to wake up and help out}
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.