Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 10:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why, God? Why?!
RE: Why, God? Why?!
Quote:Do you suggest that life devoid of justice is a good thing?
You call it justice . I call it barbarity .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(February 9, 2018 at 1:10 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(February 9, 2018 at 12:52 am)Grandizer Wrote: Again, he didn't have to. He put this upon himself, and as a result, we have to pay for his idiocies (according to your religion, roughly speaking)

God is supreme justice, and in order for justice to exist law must exist. If there is no penalty under the law then justice does not exist.

If God allowed you to do whatever you wanted to do without penalty, where is the justice?

Do you suggest that life devoid of justice is a good thing?

There is such a thing as distortion of justice: justice that is forced for no reason other than to justify divine barbarity.
Bloodshed torture and death via blood sacrifice is not justice . Sending one man to die for incompetence of a suppose god is not justice . Nor is does god have any business being the judge or acting as the injured party because he is neither. What offers is not justice it's petty vengeful bronze age blood for blood  madness .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(February 9, 2018 at 12:50 am)Huggy74 Wrote: The Bible states that the wages of sin is death, therefore only death can atone for sin. This required one without sin to give his life in order for others to live.

Yeah, that doesn't follow logically. It's doctrine, not a logical conclusion. It's an arbitrary declaration.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(February 8, 2018 at 8:55 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Huggy vs. Khemical = thread ruined.

Yeah was just catching up and thought the same thing.

ETA: And...it didn't get any better.
Quote:The Bible states that the wages of sin is death, therefore only death can atone for sin. This required one without sin to give his life in order for others to live.
That total nonsense . And death cannot be a wage it pays for nothing nothing is exchanged in death. And to kill a totally innocent person is not justice.

Inuit Proverb

I believe the short answer is because God wanted to share His love with other beings.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(February 9, 2018 at 8:00 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I believe the short answer is because God wanted to share His love with other beings.

But, why does a god have wants?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(February 9, 2018 at 8:07 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(February 9, 2018 at 8:00 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I believe the short answer is because God wanted to share His love with other beings.

Why not?

It seems you're saying that a perfect being must necessarily do absolutely nothing, because doing something would imply a want or need, but in your opinion a being with a want or need can't be perfect. So it just...exists and does nothing.

Seems kinda silly.
(February 9, 2018 at 8:07 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:

I don't see why He couldnt/wouldnt?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12896 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6810 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad