Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 12:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of Wicca?
RE: What do you think of Wicca?
(June 19, 2018 at 6:03 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Wicca is about fully living in the moment and in this world.  Being right today, not tomorrow.  You will find themes of empowerment..specifically feminine empowerment as a nature centric religion makes little sense without sacred femininity.

To be honest, it's mainly about the rule of three.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_Three_(Wicca)
(June 19, 2018 at 5:59 pm)*Deidre* Wrote:
(June 19, 2018 at 5:48 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I personally believe the skillset Wiccans get is true, but it's mixed with deceptions and falsehood and their philosophy is not totally baseless, it's the mirror image of Islam (it's exact opposite and negative) but the things they believe in are true, it's just their way about approaching it is wrong, including a lot of them terming hidden realm beings as gods.

I would rather be patient and learn it better skills by putting to practice what I know and not trying to cheat my way in spirituality.

I'd say most spiritual people do have an ''end game,'' MK. Whether it's wrapped up in the ''promised land,'' or ''avoiding hell,'' or ''being at peace,'' or ''being a better person,'' etc...all religions and their followers, have an end game. People are drawn to different beliefs, because of what they see as their end game, in my opinion. My end game is peace, and to offer that to those around me. To be less afraid. To be empowered. To trust God. My endgame isn't ''avoiding hell,'' and I'm not saying that's yours...but the Abrahamic faiths are built around fear. If avoiding fear and pain is your end game, that's likely why you're captivated by Islam.

Fear is the most treasured aspect of love, because while hope and desire wants more and appreciates the future, it's fear that protects what we have and appreciates what we have the most by holding on to it and protecting the treasure from God we been given at all costs.

Fear of God which is the heart of wisdom now a days is trashed talk, part of the dark times we in.
(June 19, 2018 at 6:05 pm)Kit Wrote:
(June 19, 2018 at 6:03 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Wicca is about fully living in the moment and in this world.  Being right today, not tomorrow.  You will find themes of empowerment..specifically feminine empowerment as a nature centric religion makes little sense without sacred femininity.

I have read a little about this recently, and I like it. And I do believe we've all experienced it (karma in that context) Wicca just seems like no bullshit.

(June 19, 2018 at 6:06 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(June 19, 2018 at 5:59 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: I'd say most spiritual people do have an ''end game,'' MK. Whether it's wrapped up in the ''promised land,'' or ''avoiding hell,'' or ''being at peace,'' or ''being a better person,'' etc...all religions and their followers, have an end game. People are drawn to different beliefs, because of what they see as their end game, in my opinion. My end game is peace, and to offer that to those around me. To be less afraid. To be empowered. To trust God. My endgame isn't ''avoiding hell,'' and I'm not saying that's yours...but the Abrahamic faiths are built around fear. If avoiding fear and pain is your end game, that's likely why you're captivated by Islam.

Fear is the most treasured aspect of love, because while hope and desire wants more and appreciates the future, it's fear that protects what we have and appreciates what we have the most by holding on to it and protecting the treasure from God we been given at all costs.

Fear of God which is the heart of wisdom now a days is trashed talk, part of the dark times we in.

Fear of God, I do understand. A reverential fear. But, many followers of the Bible and Quran, are only followers out of fear, and not genuine piety.
(June 19, 2018 at 6:05 pm)Kit Wrote:

Gardnerian wicca, lol..can;t stand those hookers.  I was always more of a "punch that bitch in the face" kind of demi-pagan..myself.  Wink

(June 19, 2018 at 6:04 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: Okay, thank you. Ya know, I'm not really drawn to astrology. Even though I occasionally read my horoscope, and it just so happens to be on point. lol But, it doesn't do anything for me. Spells, prayers, etc...do something. Change you. If nothing else, you become keenly aware of your own intentions, and where you're heart is at. I like that.

When I was an atheist, I felt a sense of missing that. How do you find peace and joy (sustainably so) in your life, as an atheist? Just wondering.

The same ways you do.  I am a human being, after all...lol. I actually don;t have trouble producing that sense of the numinous. I don;t need religion or ritual or imagery. That's probably why I ended up surrounded by pagans early in my adulthood. They were out in the woods looking for the gods..but I;d already found them, and casually so.

I think you may be overestimating the efficacy of witchcraft to produce change in a person.  Direct and straightforward introspection is likely to give you better results than a cantrip, if the ultimate goal is to become more keenly aware of yourself.  People casting a magic spell are..after all..already engaged in a fundamental self deception.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 19, 2018 at 6:11 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(June 19, 2018 at 6:05 pm)Kit Wrote: To be honest, it's mainly about the rule of three.

Gardnerian wicca, lol..can;t stand those hookers.  I was always more of a "punch that bitch in the face" kind of demi-pagan..myself.  Wink

(June 19, 2018 at 6:04 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: Okay, thank you. Ya know, I'm not really drawn to astrology. Even though I occasionally read my horoscope, and it just so happens to be on point. lol But, it doesn't do anything for me. Spells, prayers, etc...do something. Change you. If nothing else, you become keenly aware of your own intentions, and where you're heart is at. I like that.

When I was an atheist, I felt a sense of missing that. How do you find peace and joy (sustainably so) in your life, as an atheist? Just wondering.

The same ways you do.  I am a human being, after all...lol.

I think you may be overestimating the efficacy of witchcraft to produce change in a person.  Direct and straightforward introspection is likely to give you better results than a cantrip, if the ultimate goal is to become more keenly aware of yourself.  People casting a magic spell are..after all..already engaged in a fundamental self deception.

lol Okay, fair enough. How can you be so sure of all you believe? It's interesting to me, that you are so certain, of so much. I've always liked being uncertain, life is not cut and dry, there is mystery there.
(June 19, 2018 at 6:20 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: lol Okay, fair enough. How do you be so sure of all you believe? It's interesting to me, that you are so certain, of so much. I've always liked being uncertain, life is not cut and dry, there is mystery there.
There you go with the word belief again.  I;m not relating any belief of mine to you when I tell you that witchcraft is an exercise in fraudulent marketing.  It;s a statement of fact and an open secret of neopaganism. Sure, it draws customers in the door but it fails to keep them.

Those things I believe... I;m not sure of, and that;s why I call them beliefs.  I believe, for example....that all MRES are made of processed tuna..and that the united states is the greatest country in the world.  There;s wiggle room in those two where there isn;t any for witchcraft.  There may be mystery in life, but there isn;t mystery in witchcraft.  

Allow me to be so bold as to suggest that your connection of the two has more to do with the taboos of your upbringing than anything else.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 19, 2018 at 6:08 pm)*Deidre* Wrote:
(June 19, 2018 at 6:05 pm)Kit Wrote: To be honest, it's mainly about the rule of three.

I have read a little about this recently, and I like it. And I do believe we've all experienced it (karma in that context) Wicca just seems like no bullshit.

(June 19, 2018 at 6:06 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Fear is the most treasured aspect of love, because while hope and desire wants more and appreciates the future, it's fear that protects what we have and appreciates what we have the most by holding on to it and protecting the treasure from God we been given at all costs.

Fear of God, I do understand. A reverential fear. But, many followers of the Bible and Quran, are only followers out of fear, and not genuine piety.

It's not fear of God that is bad, but the lack of it in followers of the Quran and Bible that is the problem.  If we were terrified of attributing God what we do not know and denying the truth we know, things would be easy. But we have no regard for the trusts of God.

And part of that fear, yes, is to stay away from deceiving leaders both in the seen and unseen, that may misguide us which is probably what will happen if we follow our desires and seek a path without proof of it from God.
Fear fear fear fear fear.  Ugh.  How do people end up so fearful? I doubt that any of them actually are as fearful as they piously claim. MK doesn;t seem to be particularly worried that hes talking out of his own ass about god on the regular. ... even though that might make a desert god pissy.
(June 19, 2018 at 6:40 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Fear fear fear fear fear.  Ugh.  How do people end up so fearful?  I doubt that any of them actually are as fearful as they piously claim.  MK doesn;t seem to be particularly worried that hes talking out of his own ass about god on the regular. ... even though that might make a desert god pissy.

You try to make it seem bad, but protecting what you have is necessary before hoping for what you don't. Protecting the blessings you receive from God is more important then hoping for more.

Although hope and fear are in exact same ratio in a believer, it's fear that is the most important as it keeps the gains we gain.

In these dark times, they are trying to make fear seem wrong, what is wrong is fearing tyrants and oppressors, but fearing God to the extent we guard our relationship with him and fear displeasing him is very good.
I suppose it;s just another fundamental difference in the cultures we were raised in, though I note again that you don;t seem particularly fearful, yourself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no Wicca Thread? TrueChristian 34 9329 April 3, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome