Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 5:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas.
RE: Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas.
(September 28, 2018 at 10:14 am)Aegon Wrote: For fuck's sake just put another dumb conservative without rape accusations on the Court. I'm sure they can find plenty of other qualified judges who dont think a president should be liable for his crimes.

Kavanaugh is a conservative operative, not a goody bipartisan, upstanding citizen. Groomed for years to be in this position. They're mad their efforts are being wasted.

I feel bad for his family though, that's for damn sure.

Given her demeanour during the Faux News interview, I'd be deeply surprised if Mrs Kavanaugh isn't seriously contemplating divorce at this moment.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(September 28, 2018 at 10:56 am)Joods Wrote: Since it's clear he's going to get appointed - I say let the victims bring actual charges against Kavanaugh. Dr. Ford has nothing to lose by doing this since she's already been in front of the entire country. Since the other victims were denied the opportunity to testify, let them do so in an actual court of law.

I think if she started a go-fund-me to finance a documented private investigation and good attorneys; she might be effective. Until she can give the date and location of the alleged assault, she's not going to be able to get a conviction.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(September 28, 2018 at 9:30 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(September 28, 2018 at 8:50 am)alpha male Wrote: 1. Can you link to the wording of the poll?

"If the charge of sexual assault during a party in high school by
Christine Blasey Ford against Brett Kavanaugh  is true, do you
think Brett Kavanaugh:"

The potential answers are, should be confirmed, should not be confirmed, and unsure.

See here.
There is quite a lot that is disturbing in that poll.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(September 28, 2018 at 10:47 am)alpha male Wrote: I agree. She named four other people as being there.

The two involved deny it, but that of course counts for little.

A male who wasn't involved can't recall it.

Quote:Ford's female friend, Leland Keyser, said through her lawyer: "Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."

...does not equal, “it didn’t happen”.  She also said she believed her friend.  I don’t remember every single person and every single gathering from high school that I wasn’t raped at either.  Why not take the time to do a thorough, non-partisan investigation?  Call witnesses to be questioned by FBI agents instead of Kavanaugh’s pals in the senate?  Why not subpoena Mark Judge for formal questioning under oath?  Doesn’t this woman who gave four hours of unflinching, credible testimony to a prosecutor deserve an investigation to the fullest extent and abilities of the law?  Why not? If he’s innocent it may very well exonerate him.  And, if he’s not, maybe some of that non-existent corroborating evidence you guys keep pointing out  could actually be discovered. Two weeks for an investigation before giving a man a job for life.  Is that too much to ask for Christine Blasey Ford? Is that too much to ask for women around the country who are sick of being stereotyped and intimidated into silence?  Why not, Alpha?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(September 28, 2018 at 11:03 am)julep Wrote:
(September 28, 2018 at 10:56 am)Joods Wrote: Since it's clear he's going to get appointed - I say let the victims bring actual charges against Kavanaugh. Dr. Ford has nothing to lose by doing this since she's already been in front of the entire country. Since the other victims were denied the opportunity to testify, let them do so in an actual court of law.

As far as I know there's no rule prohibiting suing or charging a sitting Supreme Court Justice.  I think they should go for it.   

And then he could be impeached, if convicted.

It would be interesting... especially if the president flips to D in 2020 and that re-opens the vacancy. The repubs might just be shooting themselves in the foot by cramming this through instead of going with a less potentially vulnerable candidate.
@ LFC:

Two weeks? Sure. What makes you think it would be over in two weeks?

Article on what the FBI can actually do:

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/mbw3...ont-happen
(September 28, 2018 at 11:23 am)alpha male Wrote: @ LFC:

Article on what the FBI can actually do:

It should scare crappynuts that the accusations made can still follow him regardless. State laws vary on this subject. Even if the FBI doesn't open one, Maryland can. 

Your pussy nominee kept claiming he'd welcome ANYTHING to prove his innocence but stopped when asked if he'd welcome an FBI investigation. And I guess you personally know more about law than the entire Bar association whom requested a re opening. 

I really don't want to hear shit from you about "fairness" when Garland, who was NOT accused of anything wasn't given a minute of review.

The GOP will pay, not only for this, but for putting a despot wannabe and narcissistic bully in office.

Nixon at least had the decency to know the jig was up.

Well, I guess the length of the investigation would depend largely on whether or not they’re able to unearth any information relevant to the accusations, right?  If it needed to go longer because they were able to corroborate some part of her allegation, then it should go longer, yes? I mean, just look at the Russia investigation. 😏

For god’s sake, they won’t even subpoena Mark Judge. What are they afraid of?

Quote:Article on what the FBI can actually do:

So, the ABA doesn’t know what they’re talking about, then?  Or are they part of the liberal conspiracy as well?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

(September 28, 2018 at 12:06 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:

Well, I guess the length of the investigation would depend largely on whether or not they’re able to unearth any information relevant to the accusations, right?  If it needed to go longer because they were able to corroborate some part of her allegation, then it should go longer, yes?  I mean, just look at the Russia investigation. 😏

Quote:Article on what the FBI can actually do:

So, the ABA doesn’t know what they’re talking about, then?  Or are they part of the liberal conspiracy as well?

Yes, why yes we are. Liberals killed the dinosaurs, sank the Titanic and faked the moon landing. 

Alpha has us all dead to rights. We were the ones who were in the space ship, beamed him up and anally probed him. And the earth is flat too.
(September 28, 2018 at 12:15 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 28, 2018 at 12:06 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Well, I guess the length of the investigation would depend largely on whether or not they’re able to unearth any information relevant to the accusations, right?  If it needed to go longer because they were able to corroborate some part of her allegation, then it should go longer, yes?  I mean, just look at the Russia investigation. 😏

Yes, why yes we are. Liberals killed the dinosaurs, sank the Titanic and faked the moon landing. 

Alpha has us all dead to rights. We were the ones who were in the space ship, beamed him up and anally probed him. And the earth is flat too.

Ya know what?  Forget the FBI investigation.  Even if they did find corroborating evidence, Republicans would discredit it as a rigged, leftist con job anyway.  It’s pretty much the only card in their hand these days.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2813 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Canadian Army To Join UN Peacekeeping Operation In Mali Amarok 14 1528 March 20, 2018 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Join the NRA! Gawdzilla Sama 20 4905 October 7, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Should Join AARP - I Certainly Qualify! Minimalist 4 1346 June 16, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sinn Fein staffer with IRA links to join Jeremy Corbyn's team account_inactive 9 2757 December 15, 2016 at 10:29 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Americans who join ISIS. Anomalocaris 2 1402 September 11, 2014 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist