Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 10:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas.
RE: Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas.
(October 4, 2018 at 4:44 am)Kit Wrote: The saddest thing is that I'm seeing women post on FB that they think Ford is a liar. What the heck is this country coming to?

I don't know. It's very sad when a woman cannot get support from others. Especially on this issue.

My ex is brainwashing my youngest. Just last night we got in an argument when she said she thought Ford should have come out publicly years ago. I was stunned at this remark.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 4, 2018 at 4:44 am)Kit Wrote: The saddest thing is that I'm seeing women post on FB that they think Ford is a liar.  What the heck is this country coming to?

Yeah, who the fuck do these women think they are...the nerve to think for themselves!

A difference between right and left on this issue:

Right - sees it as a case of two individuals.

Left - sees it as a referendum on sexual assault in general.

Fallout from the hearings:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...red-states

Quote:What a difference a week makes. Before Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee, it looked like a lose-lose situation for Republicans: Abandon Kavanaugh and depress the base ahead of the midterm elections; attack Ford and reap the whirlwind with women come November.

Now it is possible the battle over Kavanaugh could rally apathetic Republican voters, especially in the red states that will decide which party controls the Senate. It has reminded conservatives that whatever their views of President Trump, they are unlikely to be treated fairly by Democrats or a hostile media...

538 had the chance of Dem takeover of Senate at 33% about a week ago. Now it's 23%.
(October 4, 2018 at 8:41 am)alpha male Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 4:44 am)Kit Wrote: The saddest thing is that I'm seeing women post on FB that they think Ford is a liar.  What the heck is this country coming to?

Yeah, who the fuck do these women think they are...the nerve to think for themselves!

You are not defending women asshole, I believe you when you say you think you are, BUT YOU ARE NOT.

Convincing women to go against their own self interests is not defending them FUCKFACE!

If logic worked like that then any female living in Saudi Arabia whom agrees with men that women shouldn't drive is also "thinking for themselves".

IT IS NOT the job of the victim to investigate the crime against them, NO MATTER WHAT THE CRIME IS, even outside any famous case. THAT is why we have police and FBI, so that when someone commits a crime against you, you have someone to call to investigate it.

I cannot tell you now, the exact day when several bullies surrounded me in an ally, and the ring leader punched me in the face and broke my nose. Even back then I didn't know the ring leader's name, or the exact amount of guys who did it to me. THEY BROKE MY FUCKING NOSE ASSHOLE! So by your logic, a gap in one detail means I was lying to the police?

And that was not the first time they beat me up, it was the only time I reported it because I was bleeding. I once got tossed across a basketball court by one of those bullies because I managed to beat him on a pass playing lot football and the the court was at the end of the endzone. He got mad and pushed me causing my momentum to make me fall. MY ARMS WERE GRATED LIKE A PAPER SHREDDER! I didn't report that and again, OUT OF FEAR YOU FUCKFACE!

Assholes like you would blame me for continuing to be in contact with my abusers. And do not tell me because I didn't see them bully other boys, BECAUSE WE WENT TO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS, that they didn't do that to other boys.

If you want to call Ford a liar, THEN YOU BETTER BE READY TO CALL ME A LIAR TOO ASSHOLE! And you better be ready to call my late mother a liar too. WE all had gaps in our details, but in none of these cases was it our job to investigate the assaults against us! NO FUCKING POINT in having law at all if we are going to privatize proving it. COURTS and juries do that and are SEPARATE than the investigation itself!

I could be a fucking dick to you and say "I hope you get your house robbed with no evidence of who did it so I can say, SUCKS TO BE YOU!"

But, I don't have to do that because 45 already did and that is the ASSHOLE you support!

Women can go against their own self interests? NO SHIT!
AM has a point about the Trumpists uniting over this enough that their numbers at the polls won't be depressed and it making taking the Senate less likely. That was always a long shot, though; we'll have to make the most of the House (fingers crossed).
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(October 4, 2018 at 8:41 am)alpha male Wrote: 538 had the chance of Dem takeover of Senate at 33% about a week ago. Now it's 23%.

And the same polls predicted an inevitable Hillary win. IMHO there's going to be a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth in 34 days.
<insert profound quote here>
(October 4, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 8:41 am)alpha male Wrote: 538 had the chance of Dem takeover of Senate at 33% about a week ago. Now it's 23%.

And the same polls predicted an inevitable Hillary win. IMHO there's going to be a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth in 34 days.

Yeah...polls have their use, but I'm not going to get to excited about them.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(October 4, 2018 at 12:15 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: And the same polls predicted an inevitable Hillary win. IMHO there's going to be a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth in 34 days.

Yeah...polls have their use, but I'm not going to get to excited about them.

National polls during election season are absolutely useless. Show me statewide and district polls, and you might have something. That's the only useful barometer of where the elections might go.
(October 4, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:

538 is better than most. They were only giving Hillary a 65% chance at election time IIRC.

IMO rn the Reps will hold the Senate and possibly gain a seat or 2 there, but lose the House. That will cause gridlock on legislation for 2 years, but Trump will still be able to get federal judges through, which will have lasting effect.
(October 4, 2018 at 12:21 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 12:15 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Yeah...polls have their use, but I'm not going to get to excited about them.

National polls during election season are absolutely useless. Show me statewide and district polls, and you might have something. That's the only useful barometer of where the elections might go.

I think that those who will vote is changing a lot recently.   Which will probably throw off a lot of polls.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(October 4, 2018 at 12:36 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 12:21 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: National polls during election season are absolutely useless. Show me statewide and district polls, and you might have something. That's the only useful barometer of where the elections might go.

I think that those will vote is changing a lot recently.   Which will probably throw off a lot of polls.

The degree of voter participation is the great unknown, here. Mid-term elections usually don't bring out a large number of voters. This year could be the exception.

It had damned well better be.  Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2880 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Canadian Army To Join UN Peacekeeping Operation In Mali Amarok 14 1539 March 20, 2018 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Join the NRA! Gawdzilla Sama 20 4924 October 7, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Should Join AARP - I Certainly Qualify! Minimalist 4 1352 June 16, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sinn Fein staffer with IRA links to join Jeremy Corbyn's team account_inactive 9 2775 December 15, 2016 at 10:29 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Americans who join ISIS. Anomalocaris 2 1407 September 11, 2014 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist