Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 8:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you responsible?
RE: Are you responsible?
(February 17, 2019 at 6:13 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(February 17, 2019 at 5:58 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Read post #12.

It helps to read shit before sounding off like an asshat poet.

So you own multiple vehicles - all of them kept in garages - but none are worth much. Do they have bumper stickers that say, "My other car is a piece of shit too?"

Yeah, very plausible scenario.

Care to post  a picture of your property with its multiple garages and multiple piece of shit vehicles within?

And you need us to agree with you that if some lowlife breaks into your palatial estate and steals one of your piece of shit cars that you shouldn't be held responsible if he runs somebody over with it?

Jesus, why don't you just admit you're a fucking troll? It's not like it could be any more obvious.

Go to Saturnalia. I post under the same user name. I have owned 19 Saturns to date and currently have 8 running cars, 3 parts cars, and a big fuckiing pile of useable parts from cars I have parted out.

The average money I spent per vehicle is $500.

Frankly, I give a fuck for less what you believe.
(February 17, 2019 at 6:21 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(February 17, 2019 at 6:13 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: So you own multiple vehicles - all of them kept in garages - but none are worth much. Do they have bumper stickers that say, "My other car is a piece of shit too?"

Care to post  a picture of your property with its multiple garages and multiple piece of shit vehicles within?

And you need us to agree with you that if some lowlife breaks into your palatial estate and steals one of your piece of shit cars that you shouldn't be held responsible if he runs somebody over with it?

Jesus, why don't you just admit you're a fucking troll? It's not like it could be any more obvious.

Not that I agree with onlinebiker. I know better than to get involved in these threads. However, I have a two-car garage and not very expensive car. I mean, it's not a hunk of shit, but it's an economy vehicle because I'm cautious about spending. All of the vehicles in the driveway and garage of our rather large house are used and not high-end. Automobiles are not a good investment. They depreciate very quickly. I wouldn't buy a new vehicle really ever.

I agree that a house is a better investment than a car.

I thought I recall you talking about buying a Tesla in another thread, though. Not that I would blame you. If you believe like I do that battery-electric cars are critical to our future, it's more of a doing-your-part issue and taking pride in it than a wise investment.

Now, do you want my legal and moral opinion that you are safe if some lowlife breaks into your garage and uses one of your crappy cars as a murder weapon?

OBVIOUSLY, OLB has an agenda here as the question is ridiculous. I am not seeking to ID him as a spammer but to back up Brian's claim that this is an obvious attempt to sneak in a gun-control conversation.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(February 17, 2019 at 3:41 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(February 17, 2019 at 3:38 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Pious much?

So Brian's always putting on great big hysterical moral shit show, and I'm pious for calling it a shit show? Yes, I'm so fucking pious, for noticing that Brian starts jerking himself off every time some people get shot.

You're scolding a crazy person.
(February 17, 2019 at 6:37 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(February 17, 2019 at 6:13 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: So you own multiple vehicles - all of them kept in garages - but none are worth much. Do they have bumper stickers that say, "My other car is a piece of shit too?"

Go to Saturnalia. I post under the same user name. I have owned 19 Saturns to date and currently have 8 running cars, 3 parts cars, and a big fuckiing pile of useable parts from cars I have parted out.

Good job on evading the question: What the fuck is the point of this thread, ASSHOLE?

If we are to take you at your word that you own 8 garaged Saturns (your house keeps getting bigger and bigger) why do you ask of us the obvious fucking question that if someone were to steal one of your piece of shit vehicles and kill someone with it, you might be held responsible for it?

C'mon man, do you think we're stupid?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(February 17, 2019 at 6:51 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(February 17, 2019 at 6:37 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Go to Saturnalia. I post under the same user name. I have owned 19 Saturns to date and currently have 8 running cars, 3 parts cars, and a big fuckiing pile of useable parts from cars I have parted out.

Good job on evading the question: What the fuck is the point of this thread, ASSHOLE?

If we are to take you at your word that you own 8 garaged Saturns (your house keeps getting bigger and bigger) why do you ask of us the obvious fucking question that if someone were to steal one of your piece of shit vehicles and kill someone with it, you might be held responsible for it?

C'mon man, do you think we're stupid?

Let's just skip right to your question.

Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Albert Einstein
(February 17, 2019 at 6:26 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(February 17, 2019 at 6:18 pm)Shell B Wrote: Just thought I'd point out that people can have what we think are really bizarre points of view, and they still aren't necessarily trolling. This is what makes trolling difficult to moderate, and it's what pisses people off when we don't action someone they think is trolling.

Just sayin', if you guys all think each other are trolls, don't be surprised if the staff doesn't do much about it. (Not an official staff sentiment. Just my opinion.)

Oh, I didn't expect staff action on this or I would have reported it. Just stating my opinion here that it's ridiculous for the OP to claim that this thread is anything but what Brian called him on for.

I mean, it does sound a lot like a common pro-gun trap. It's a separate conversation that could be had regarding laws on vehicular homicide, but I'm not sure this is one of those.
(February 17, 2019 at 6:41 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(February 17, 2019 at 6:21 pm)Shell B Wrote: Not that I agree with onlinebiker. I know better than to get involved in these threads. However, I have a two-car garage and not very expensive car. I mean, it's not a hunk of shit, but it's an economy vehicle because I'm cautious about spending. All of the vehicles in the driveway and garage of our rather large house are used and not high-end. Automobiles are not a good investment. They depreciate very quickly. I wouldn't buy a new vehicle really ever.

I agree that a house is a better investment than a car.

I thought I recall you talking about buying a Tesla in another thread, though. Not that I would blame you. If you believe like I do that battery-electric cars are critical to our future, it's more of a doing-your-part issue and taking pride in it than a wise investment.

Now, do you want my legal and moral opinion that you are safe if some lowlife breaks into your garage and uses one of your crappy cars as a murder weapon?

OBVIOUSLY, OLB has an agenda here as the question is ridiculous. I am not seeking to ID him as a spammer but to back up Brian's claim that this is an obvious attempt to sneak in a gun-control conversation.

I don't plan on buying a new Tesla. However, the Tesla is mostly because that's what my husband wants for a car, and I'm supportive of it. No car is a wise investment, but buying used ones mitigates some of that.

I honestly think the law in some places does hold you responsible for what people do with your car if you make it easy to steal. I personally think that's bullshit.
Gun are for shooting things. Cars have a variety of uses.
(February 17, 2019 at 7:47 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Gun are for shooting things. Cars have a variety of uses.

Like transporting people and things from point A to point B?

(February 17, 2019 at 6:48 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(February 17, 2019 at 3:41 pm)Yonadav Wrote: So Brian's always putting on great big hysterical moral shit show, and I'm pious for calling it a shit show? Yes, I'm so fucking pious, for noticing that Brian starts jerking himself off every time some people get shot.

You're scolding a crazy person.

I lost my chart of who is talking to who.  Which crazy person is being scolded?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius