Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 6:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
Changed the heads on the stang. All went well except it wouldn't start!
No idea why Dunno
The only thing I kept was my original spark plugs (known good).
Stupid me knew that aluminium is softer than iron but who knew that for this reason you need longer spark plugs (more thread in the new heads to bite onto).

Put some new longer ones in and fired up the first time. Quickly tuned the dizzy to 12d adv and went for a spin.
In the name of science I had to drop a nice burnout to make sure I was getting considerably more horsepower. Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Unpacking, doing laundry, getting the sand out of my bum crack.
While I was in the library today, looking for the movie I was going to watch this week for the Deep Hurting Project, this week was Action/Adventure and I had three options available to me:
  • Street Fighter: the Legend of Chun-Li. Some other poor soul checked it out before me, so that wasn’t an option. 
  • Nazi Overlord, a rip-off of Overlord that looks like it could be the worst film in the Project so far (what with having an insane and inherently fascinating promise ruined by a director who doesn’t seem to grasp that Nazi zombies are inherently interesting.) It was supposedly available, but I couldn’t find it, despite searching multiple times. It is apparently still on the shelves, if the library catalogue is any indication. 
  • Reprisal, wherein Bruce Willis apparently devolves to Steven Segal levels of laziness. A film I had only nominated for the Project when I checked the Tvtropes pages’ history last night. Unfortunately, before I searched for this, something caught my eye:
Somehow, when I was doing my huge search through TVTropes’ So Bad It’s Horrible film 
pages, I managed to completely pass over The Omega Code. I distinctly remembered searching for this parTicular film because I was familiar with it, but somehow I didn’t actually see that the library had the DVD while I was searching for it. After checking the page to make sure it was on their lists, I picked it up.

It’s that awkward moment you have to use the Richie Cusack clip on your own damn self:

So, yeah, this week, we’re watching The Omega Code.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The new (to us) dog likes to run around the back yard like a crazy thing, but only for one of our sons. He gets her to do "zoomies", as we call them. She has a great time. I'll see if I can get a video to post. She has so much fun!  Great
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Spent the afternoon gathering shellfish, and now we're feasting.
Saw this at a Swarovski store today.
I wish I had more money than brains!

[Image: 377rey.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
At Ravinia to see Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band (first time) and the Beach Biys (second, third if you count the Brian Wilson solo concert.) Amazingly, I got in before the main parking lot filled up. And I managed to get a halfway decent looking view of the stage.

Just figured out that I made my 6000th post last night and didn't even notice.

Anyway, a moment I've been waiting for for nigh on a decade (and many others have been waiting for for 13 years): Tool's FINALLY releasing new material!

Just got home from work where I was seriously evangelized to for nearly an hour.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Feel any more or less saved?

Wink

I’m watching my heathens play Mario Kart, while ham and bean soup simmers...with the smell of fresh cornbread wafting through the house.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 77 4580 June 10, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Silver 9 1502 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball