Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 8:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hell is justified.
RE: Hell is justified.
Your personal relief and justice are not interchangeable. You've only managed to establish that you're a sadist who finds comfort in the suffering of others. Congratulations.

Somebody should do a study on that, or somethin...see if there's a correlation between people who find relief in that idea as you do, and belief in magic books.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 18, 2020 at 4:15 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Your personal relief and justice are not interchangeable.  You've only managed to establish that you're a sadist who finds comfort in the suffering of others.  Congratulations.

Somebody should do a study on that, or somethin...see if there's a correlation between people who find relief in that idea as you do, and belief in magic books.

Ironically you're the one who was a member of a sadist terrorist organization called the U.S army, and you even served their sadist campaigns.
Not a problem for me, and not a problem for you..either, if torture can be justified. All that..jus-ti-fied.

The only difference between us in this regard is that I don't take any particular comfort in the belief that others are being tortured....and I don't see the point of elevating any flaws of mine to the status of "justified" acts with divine warrant.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 18, 2020 at 4:27 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Not a problem for me, and not a problem for you..either, if torture can be justified.  All that..jus-ti-fied.

The only difference between us in this regard is that I don't take any particular comfort in the belief that others are being tortured....and I don't see the point of elevating any flaws of mine to the status of "justified" acts with divine warrant.

What your institution did in the Middle East should make you hesitate before using the word "sadist" to describe others.
While I believe in hell in the afterlife, you believe -and even contributed- to inflicting hell on earth. But the economic power of your silver tower made you cheat the term being inflicted on you.
Why should anything I did make me hesitate, if torture is justifiable? I only noted what you yourself chose to share. That you draw comfort from the notion of other people suffering.

I'd like to believe that this isn't really true, I certainly don't - but fuck me if you're going to insist, right?

You either see how you've cut your own legs off, or you don't. I don't think that anyone here is in the mood to hear some islamist nut who thinks torture is justifiable, and even gets a little wood thinking about it, give a lecture on ethics. That's fucking absurd.
"it's similar to what serial killers make their victims live before they die"

And serial killers are horrible people. That's what you're comparing your god to?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(February 18, 2020 at 6:48 pm)Chad32 Wrote: "it's similar to what serial killers make their victims live before they die"

And serial killers are horrible people. That's what you're comparing your god to?

God is not human.
Lions tear people and maul them.
Snakes poison children.
The sun burns people alive. But we seem to find the excuse and pardon these non-human entities in doing so.

Why can't we do the same with God?

Torturing humans is very normal when the one inflicting the torture is not even human.
Our problem is with humans torturing humans.
Quote:God is not human.
So 

Quote:Lions tear people and maul them.
Lions are simple eating or defending themselves 

Quote:Snakes poison children.
Snakes merely defending itself 

Quote:The sun burns people alive.
The sun not a thinking entity 

Quote:Torturing humans is very normal when the one inflicting the torture is not even human.
Accept it's not torture 

Quote:Our problem is with humans torturing humans.
Or god doing it
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(February 18, 2020 at 8:11 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(February 18, 2020 at 6:48 pm)Chad32 Wrote: "it's similar to what serial killers make their victims live before they die"

God is not human.
Snakes poison children.
The sun burns people alive. But we seem to find the excuse and pardon these non-human entities in doing so.

Torturing humans is very normal when the one inflicting the torture is not even human.

So he's not a person. He's an animal? A mindless force of nature? what is he? If he's not a person, then why care about what he says? Aside from trying to avoid him, or make him go away, if he's so harmful to us that torture is just a normal thing that he does?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(February 18, 2020 at 8:11 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:

God is not human.
Snakes poison children.

We can’t do the same with God because God has the option to NOT torture humans, but chooses to do so. Lions, snakes and the sun are acting in ways they can’t control.

I suppose you could try to make the case that God is unable to not torture people, but that’s kind of problematic.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 12414 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda