Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 2:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Why defecation?
RE: Why defecation?
It arises in any situation where an excess of ammonia builds up for any reason. It happens on farms for the same reason that it happens out in the wild, and all of that is natural in our trivial sense.

If you hold a belief that requires you deny a fact, that belief does not hold water. Do you really hold such a belief? Is there some thing that you believe which simply can't be true if ammonia is a pollutant? I'd love to hear what that is, if so.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 24, 2020 at 1:26 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: It arises in any situation where an excess of ammonia builds up for any reason....

Is there some thing that you believe which simply can't be true if ammonia is a pollutant?

To the first point I agree. Balance is key within any ecosystem, and as such, ammonia shouldn't be treated as inherently problematic and neither should carbon. You can fix the problem, not by eliminating our ammonia production, but by restoring balance.

And to your last question; no.
We very literally fix the problem by eliminating the ammonia. There are terms for the processes used, and none of them are poetic turns of phrase like "restore the balance"

I suppose it's a shame that you don't hold such a belief. What, then, was the purpose of rejecting this fact, and of rejecting it in the particular manner that you did? Are these not your opinions on waste after all? You seemed to think there was some relationship between the things you've been arguing and your god.

Wouldn't it be far simpler to suggest that god designs things the way he wants - and if that means waste and loss and death...that means waste and loss and death. If those are the goals of the design, then we can measure efficiency by them - and the god of this word is maximally efficient in that regard. Objection resolved.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 24, 2020 at 1:38 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: We very literally fix the problem by eliminating the ammonia.  There are terms for the processes used, and none of them are poetic turns of phrase like "restore the balance"

By elimination of ammonia production, I'm referring to the biological processes that produce them, not the elimination of excess ammonia from the environment. If you eliminate our biological production of ammonia, you eliminate a major source of nitrogen used in plant growth and which nitrifying bacteria use in their metabolism.

I have no problems with the elimination of excess of anything; but the word excess, by its very definition, implies going beyond a desired amount. That desired amount is not zero.
The desired amount of environmental pollution is zero, zilch, nada...but..ofc, I'm only referring here to the desire of a designer with abilities and sensibilities like our own.

If a designer does not have our abilities, and sees our love of "balance" as quaint..preferring to grind meat like a giant processing facility - then it's going to set that desired number as high as it can get it.
(August 24, 2020 at 2:39 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: The desired amount of environmental pollution is zero, zilch, nada...but..ofc,

If by environmental pollution you mean excess ammonia, I agree we want zero excess.
(August 24, 2020 at 2:15 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(August 24, 2020 at 1:38 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: We very literally fix the problem by eliminating the ammonia.  There are terms for the processes used, and none of them are poetic turns of phrase like "restore the balance"

By elimination of ammonia production, I'm referring to the biological processes that produce them, not the elimination of excess ammonia from the environment. If you eliminate our biological production of ammonia, you eliminate a major source of nitrogen used in plant grown, and which nitrifying bacteria use in their metabolism.

I have no problems with the elimination of excess of anything; but the word excess, by its very definition, implies going beyond a desired amount. That desired amount is not zero.
This has been repeated a couple of times now in this thread, what exactly is stopping an omni-max deity from making a more efficient energy consumption system? Preferably one that doesn't involve ammonia.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(August 24, 2020 at 2:59 pm)Sal Wrote: This has been repeated a couple of times now in this thread, what exactly is stopping an omni-max deity from making a more efficient energy consumption system? Preferably one that doesn't involve ammonia.
You won't get an answer. Jesuits are trained gandy dancers.
(August 24, 2020 at 2:59 pm)Sal Wrote: This has been repeated a couple of times now in this thread, what exactly is stopping an omni-max deity from making a more efficient energy consumption system? Preferably one that doesn't involve ammonia.

I disagree that the system needs to be any more efficient. The complete removal of ammonia and other nitrogenous waste is detrimental to plant growth. We depend on plant growth; that's why it is a cycle.

I can't answer a question when I disagree with its premises; which are clearly dispelled off in an introductory textbook.
very panglossian of you, but as a christian, what else can you possible be without knowing you will be making direct and outright admission all the time that you devoted to intellectual self deception

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 11761 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik