Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 2:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Serious] PSA: Rape Apologetics
RE: PSA: Rape Apologetics
(July 20, 2021 at 2:17 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(July 20, 2021 at 2:00 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: So you don’t actually care if he raped someone. As long as he can’t be held accountable by the legal system you’re good with it?

There's nothing wrong with defending the statute of limitations. In one of my classes on human memory we studied a phenomenon that occurred sometime mid-1900s in which people were being accused of rape because of false childhood memories suggested under hypnosis, and later by the media

Such limitations protect all parties involved. There's no reason why someone who brings this up should be in danger of excommunication from the forum.
I’m not arguing against a statute of limitations. That’s an entirely different discussion. I’m asking Huggy if 58 accusers against one man is reason enough to conclude he’s likely a rapist. Huggy is the one who brought statute of limitations into the conversation. And no, I’m not trying to “trap” anyone into getting in trouble with the rules.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(July 20, 2021 at 12:52 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote: It's unclear how my comments (which stem from feminist legal scholars) unequivocally promote sexual assault, downplay sexual assault, or victim-blame. Clearly, the "not limited to" clause is insidious in nature.

Moderator Notice
Insulting language removed.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(July 20, 2021 at 1:38 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote:
(July 20, 2021 at 12:59 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: @Huggy Bear

What are your excuses for the other 58 women?

Statute of limitations.

A point which only means they can't legally file charges against him, and does not speak to whether or not he actually did it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 20, 2021 at 2:28 pm)Nomad Wrote: Because you are lyingly claiming that rape isn't a violent act, you useless sack of shit.

Are you aware that feminist legal scholars argue that use of fraud to procure sex ought to be covered under rape laws? This includes taking off your condom without her knowledge, lying about sexually transmitted diseases, and even claiming to be single when you are actually married.

Individuals such as yourself, tend to not view such acts as rape, precisely because of outdated views on consent and violence. Take a look at this article and it's accompanying psychological studies:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/05/opini...gin-google
(July 20, 2021 at 12:58 pm)Deesse23 Wrote:
(July 19, 2021 at 11:47 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: A couple of you are really hung up on the concept that people just falsely accuse others of rape on the regular.
I once was falsely accused of rape. When i went to a lawer he told me: "I am doing this for over 20y now, and so far i think two of my clients were innocent. You are the second".

For the record, the largest study on the subject I've seen suggests that the rate of false accusations of rape is 5.5%. Nowhere near enough to treat this as a default assumption, but, in my eyes, too prevalent to just write this off as something rare.

To put this into perspective, if the stats from RAINN and the study I linked to are any indication, for every false rape accusation, 60 actual rapes happen (and 40 aren't reported to the cops).
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Quote:Are you aware that feminist legal scholars argue that use of fraud to procure sex ought to be covered under rape laws? This includes taking off your condom without her knowledge, lying about sexually transmitted diseases, and even claiming to be single when you are actually married.

Individuals such as yourself, tend to not view such acts as rape, precisely because of outdated views on consent and violence. Take a look at this article and it's accompanying psychological studies:
All of those can be regarded as acts of violence

Quote:There's nothing wrong with defending the statute of limitations. In one of my classes on human memory we studied a phenomenon that occurred sometime mid-1900s in which people were being accused of rape because of false childhood memories suggested under hypnosis, and later by the media

Such limitations protect all parties involved. There's no reason why someone who brings this up should be in danger of excommunication from the forum.
It had nothing to do with the statutes of limitation. Huggy was celebrating the fact a rapist went free.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 20, 2021 at 3:23 pm)Helios Wrote: All of those can be regarded as acts of violence

Perhaps within your personal philosophy. But calling anything you don't like an act of violence is cognitively and linguistically impoverished; it also dilutes the meaning of the word beyond utility. As it stands, power can be exercised without violence, fraud can deceive without violence, and force can exist without violence (see Hazel v State, 1960).
(July 20, 2021 at 5:01 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote: Perhaps within your personal philosophy. But calling anything you don't like an act of violence is cognitively and linguistically impoverished; it also dilutes the meaning of the word beyond utility. As it stands, power can be exercised without violence, fraud can deceive without violence, and force can exist without violence (see Hazel v State, 1960).

Is nonviolent rape less abhorrent than violent rape?
This fascinates me, this pointless hair-splitting.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(July 20, 2021 at 5:15 pm)Ranjr Wrote:
(July 20, 2021 at 5:01 pm)John 6IX Breezy Wrote: Perhaps within your personal philosophy. But calling anything you don't like an act of violence is cognitively and linguistically impoverished; it also dilutes the meaning of the word beyond utility. As it stands, power can be exercised without violence, fraud can deceive without violence, and force can exist without violence (see Hazel v State, 1960).

Is nonviolent rape less abhorrent than violent rape?

I would imagine that an imaginary act is less abhorrent than a real one.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA: NSFW tags Nay_Sayer 14 1222 March 2, 2024 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  PSA: Hate Speech, rule 7 arewethereyet 24 3097 September 21, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  PSA: PLEASE READ BrianSoddingBoru4 117 12649 June 28, 2023 at 7:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  PSA: Update to necroposting rule arewethereyet 51 7782 April 3, 2023 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  PSA: Added to threats rule arewethereyet 8 3149 May 19, 2022 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  PSA: Post time limits arewethereyet 6 2525 April 22, 2022 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  PSA: The Necroposting Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 42 7728 April 6, 2022 at 3:03 pm
  PSA - Clarification of rule #3 on doxxing. arewethereyet 18 4163 November 17, 2021 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  PSA: The Spam Filter BrianSoddingBoru4 2 1843 June 3, 2021 at 8:56 am
  [Serious] PSA: Language BrianSoddingBoru4 28 5821 January 3, 2021 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama