Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: Update to necroposting rule
PSA: Update to necroposting rule
Moderator Notice
Effective immediately, any threads resurrected after three months of inactivity will be closed by staff.

Warnings will not be issued.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

RE: PSA: Update to necroposting rule
[Image: tumblr_nd5vjw6RpZ1t85o9ko1_1280.jpg]

Just great, what am I supposed to do with this now?
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Let's see who can get the most threads locked before 2023! Who's with me?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Come on, maybe you could have put a year's time.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 24, 2022 at 12:34 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Come on, maybe you could have put a year's time.

That's way too long.  If no one has anything relevant to add to a thread after 3 months they likely never will.

Besides if need be just make a new thread and link the old one.

And/or they could just unlock it
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Maybe the necro rule could only be for new users who have not been on the forum for like six months because they are the ones mostly reviving ancient topics without a good reason. Older members are wiser and they usually have a good reason to revive some old topic. Now, many of the "damned" topics will be out of reach, and yet the religious groups will be doing bad stuff so those topics will always be actual, but now users won't be allowed to post in them.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 24, 2022 at 1:52 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Maybe the necro rule could only be for new users who have not been on the forum for like six months because they are the ones mostly reviving ancient topics without a good reason. Older members are wiser and they usually have a good reason to revive some old topic. Now, many of the "damned" topics will be out of reach, and yet the religious groups will be doing bad stuff so those topics will always be actual, but now users won't be allowed to post in them.

Number of posts =/= value of content

Seriously, though - how awesome is it that we're (kinda sorta) resurrecting a rule about necroposting ?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 24, 2022 at 1:52 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Maybe the necro rule could only be for new users who have not been on the forum for like six months because they are the ones mostly reviving ancient topics without a good reason. Older members are wiser and they usually have a good reason to revive some old topic. Now, many of the "damned" topics will be out of reach, and yet the religious groups will be doing bad stuff so those topics will always be actual, but now users won't be allowed to post in them.

This is a compromise from warning people who necropost to simply stopping the thread...with triple the time.

I just don't want to constantly do math to figure out who can and who can't do what when.  That's above my pay grade.

If a topic is important enough to be brought back to life...either start a new one or ask staff to reopen a thread.

If we put that 6 months rule in place someone would want a year and some would want the original rule back.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 23, 2022 at 11:49 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
Moderator Notice
Effective immediately, any threads resurrected after three months of inactivity will be closed by staff.

Warnings will not be issued.

Then my mission is clear.  I must save those poor threads on the verge of being lost forever!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA: NSFW tags Nay_Sayer 14 737 March 2, 2024 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  PSA: Hate Speech, rule 7 arewethereyet 24 2373 September 21, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  PSA: PLEASE READ BrianSoddingBoru4 117 9907 June 28, 2023 at 7:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  PSA: Added to threats rule arewethereyet 8 2780 May 19, 2022 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  PSA: Post time limits arewethereyet 6 2232 April 22, 2022 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  PSA: The Necroposting Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 42 6399 April 6, 2022 at 3:03 pm
  PSA - Clarification of rule #3 on doxxing. arewethereyet 18 3601 November 17, 2021 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] PSA: Rape Apologetics BrianSoddingBoru4 265 43434 July 25, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  PSA: The Spam Filter BrianSoddingBoru4 2 1620 June 3, 2021 at 8:56 am
  [Serious] PSA: Language BrianSoddingBoru4 28 5050 January 3, 2021 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama