Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 6:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Serious] PSA: Rape Apologetics
RE: PSA: Rape Apologetics
(July 20, 2021 at 8:40 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote:
(July 20, 2021 at 2:46 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: A point which only means they can't legally file charges against him, and does not speak to whether or not he actually did it.

But one is assumed innocent till proven guilty, correct?

In the eyes of the law, yes. But you’re actually allowed to have a personal opinion on the subject, in case that wasn’t obvious to you.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(July 20, 2021 at 8:45 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: In a court, sure- but for obvious reasons you yourself point out..he was never going to be tried for that.
The judicial "court" is the only thing that matters... your court of public opinion ends in situation like Emmit Till.

(July 20, 2021 at 8:45 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Just like you’re not in a court trying a case or being tried.  Cosby is a rapist.  None of the defenses you had for him then or now panned out.  He ended up being aqcuited for reasons neither you ( nor his council at the time, so don’t feel bad) realized.  Instead, you engaged in page after page of rape apologism, racism, and flights of fancy about the illegality of a recording.

You can’t let it go now, in this thread, which is a literal psa on rape apologism and the rules.

The conviction was overturned, therefore Cosby is not a convicted rapist (wasn't charged with rape in the first place). His conviction was overturned because his rights to due process were violated, which I saw coming a mile away, so no idea what you're talking about.

(October 10, 2018 at 4:15 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote:
(October 10, 2018 at 3:17 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You're defending him by saying the trial wasn't fair, dumbass.

What law school did you attend?
That's not a defense genius, being afforded a fair trial is one of your basic rights, therefore it's grounds for the conviction to be overturned on appeal, which will happen, just watch.
Convicted........ admitted.......

Potatoes
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 20, 2021 at 9:35 pm)brewer Wrote: Convicted........ admitted.......

Potatoes

And the conviction was overturned... your point?
It's like this, Huggy. He admitted to drugging them and screwing them. The legal system screwed up, it's true. He's guilty of rape, he admitted it himself. Getting out of prison because due process wasn't followed does not make him innocent. If you don't want to understand and admit that, all hope is lost on you.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(July 20, 2021 at 9:38 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote:

Potatoes

He admitted he's a rapist. Need's to own it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Quote:The judicial "court" is the only thing that matters... your court of public opinion ends in situation like Emmit Till.
Accept the court of public opinion is factually right

Quote:The conviction was overturned, therefore Cosby is not a convicted rapist (wasn't charged with rape in the first place). His conviction was overturned because his rights to due process were violated, which I saw coming a mile away, so no idea what you're talking about.
No, he's a proven rapist who got off on a technicality

Quote:And the conviction was overturned... your point?
He's proven rapist
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 20, 2021 at 9:38 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote:

Potatoes

Huggy, why don't you answer Camus's question?

Given what you know regarding the situation, which determination would you make?

A) Bill Cosby is a rapist.

B) Bill Cosby is not a rapist.

We know the thing you pick isn't legally binding. But which one do you think is true?
So Huggy,

If I steal your wallet and don't get caught, am I guilty of stealing your wallet?

That's a simple question with a yes or no answer.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I don't know.

Hehe.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA: NSFW tags Nay_Sayer 14 1178 March 2, 2024 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  PSA: Hate Speech, rule 7 arewethereyet 24 3040 September 21, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  PSA: PLEASE READ BrianSoddingBoru4 117 12398 June 28, 2023 at 7:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  PSA: Update to necroposting rule arewethereyet 51 7670 April 3, 2023 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  PSA: Added to threats rule arewethereyet 8 3112 May 19, 2022 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  PSA: Post time limits arewethereyet 6 2494 April 22, 2022 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  PSA: The Necroposting Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 42 7656 April 6, 2022 at 3:03 pm
  PSA - Clarification of rule #3 on doxxing. arewethereyet 18 4123 November 17, 2021 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  PSA: The Spam Filter BrianSoddingBoru4 2 1811 June 3, 2021 at 8:56 am
  [Serious] PSA: Language BrianSoddingBoru4 28 5730 January 3, 2021 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama