Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 8:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Serious] PSA: Rape Apologetics
RE: PSA: Rape Apologetics
Perfect clarification Boru, that satisfies any more interest from me in ever needing to come back to the thread. Thankx
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Quote:What purpose would your contempt and stigmatization serve beyond moral grandstanding?
That kind of behavior shouldn't be approved of.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 21, 2021 at 8:39 am)Helios Wrote: That kind of behavior shouldn't be approved of.

Thoughts are immune to your approval. If you think an idea is wrong argue against it; your moral appraisal is not an argument.
(July 21, 2021 at 2:17 am)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(July 21, 2021 at 1:51 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Why are you so afraid to answer it?

What happens if he says no? Whatever his reasons for suspending judgment might be, they should be respected by the forum. It's disfavorable to stigmatize or punish people for their thoughts.

So he can have an opinion but I can’t have an opinion about his opinion? I’m asking him the question as one forum member to another, not as a mod. Boru cleared it up perfectly a few posts back.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Generally it's the people with shitty opinions who cry the loudest about condemning shitty opinions.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 21, 2021 at 8:07 am)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(July 21, 2021 at 7:16 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It should be treated with the contempt and stigmatization it deserves for flying in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

What purpose would your contempt and stigmatization serve beyond moral grandstanding?

None, really. I’m just drunk with power, I suppose.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(July 21, 2021 at 11:38 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: None, really. I’m just drunk with power, I suppose.

This is a forum—inherent in it's telos is open discussion. Transforming discussions of injustice into an abhorrence competition is not conducive to that end. I'll remind you that the moderators have liberally called members of this forum rape apologists. If you're not going to be responsible with your power give it to someone else.
(July 21, 2021 at 11:54 am)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:
(July 21, 2021 at 11:38 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: None, really. I’m just drunk with power, I suppose.

This is a forum—inherent in it's telos is open discussion. Transforming discussions of injustice into an abhorrence competition is not conducive to that end. I'll remind you that the moderators have liberally called members of this forum rape apologists. If you're not going to be responsible with your power give it to someone else.

The following is found on the rules page, in case you've never bothered to read it. You may want to peruse the whole page...you can find the link at the top left of the page.

Prime Directive: The purpose of these forums is first and foremost to allow members to discuss various topics with people who may disagree. The staff believe that the best discussions are those that stay polite and friendly. Therefore, the staff reserves the right to act against disruptive behaviors whenever necessary, as defined by staff and at its sole discretion.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(July 21, 2021 at 11:54 am)John 6IX Breezy Wrote:

I hope you’ll understand if I decline to take moral instruction from a Christian.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(July 21, 2021 at 12:55 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: The following is found on the rules page, in case you've never bothered to read it.

The passage reads like a facsimile of mine doesn't it? It's almost as if I paraphrased it in my response. Surely, that's a coincidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information PSA: Walls of text arewethereyet 8 507 July 16, 2024 at 7:00 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  PSA: Added to threats rule arewethereyet 10 3610 July 13, 2024 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  PSA: NSFW tags Nay_Sayer 14 1649 March 2, 2024 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  PSA: Hate Speech, rule 7 arewethereyet 24 3608 September 21, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  PSA: PLEASE READ BrianSoddingBoru4 117 14098 June 28, 2023 at 7:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  PSA: Update to necroposting rule arewethereyet 51 8915 April 3, 2023 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  PSA: Post time limits arewethereyet 6 2789 April 22, 2022 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Silver
  PSA: The Necroposting Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 42 8450 April 6, 2022 at 3:03 pm
  PSA - Clarification of rule #3 on doxxing. arewethereyet 18 4621 November 17, 2021 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  PSA: The Spam Filter BrianSoddingBoru4 2 2077 June 3, 2021 at 8:56 am