Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 12:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
That Gay Thread
RE: That Gay Thread
It's always unclear what narrative he's attempting to spin.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:Why do you guys love to build false narratives? stating facts does not equate to vilification.

It is a fact that NAMBLA was included in the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association.

It is also a fact that NAMBLA was only removed from the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association AFTER suffering reprecussions.

Those are just two simple facts, the point being they weren't just some "fringe" group. I going to wait and see how you guys try and spin this into a representation\vilification of ALL gay people
lol, you sound like nationalists who use the 13/50 argument. "I'm not trying to demonize black people I'm just stating facts" There is no spin Huggy what your trying to do here couldn't be more obvious   Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(November 22, 2021 at 9:37 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Who said they don’t “matter” other than you, as you desperately try to conflate two subjects that couldn’t be more different?  I said they don’t necessarily represent the views of much larger groups, and cannot rationally be used as an argument for that conclusion.

Seriously…who dropped you?
Literally no one said they did. YOU attempted to dismiss certain groups as "fringe" when at one point this "fringe" group was the ONLY U.S. based group to be included in the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association.

I don't thing "fringe" means what you think it means.

(November 22, 2021 at 9:59 pm)Helios Wrote:
Quote:Why do you guys love to build false narratives? stating facts does not equate to vilification.

It is a fact that NAMBLA was included in the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association.

It is also a fact that NAMBLA was only removed from the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association AFTER suffering reprecussions.

Those are just two simple facts, the point being they weren't just some "fringe" group. I going to wait and see how you guys try and spin this into a representation\vilification of ALL gay people
lol, you sound like nationalists who use the 13/50 argument. "I'm not trying to demonize black people I'm just stating facts" There is no spin Huggy what your trying to do here couldn't be more obvious   Hehe

But the 13/50 argument isn't a 'fact'... try again.
(November 22, 2021 at 9:59 pm)Foxaire Wrote: It's always unclear what point he's trying to spin.
It amazes me he either thinks he's some sort of evil genius or everyone else is totally dense. His games of plausible deniability are fooling no one.

Quote:Literally no one said they did. YOU attempted to dismiss certain groups as "fringe" when at one point this "fringe" group was the ONLY U.S. based group to be included in the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association.

I don't thing "fringe" means what you think it means.
Irrelevant they are in modern times a fringe group. So again your attempts fail.

Quote:But the 13/50 argument isn't a 'fact'... try again.
Irrelevant the rhetoric is the same.
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(November 22, 2021 at 10:01 pm)Helios Wrote:
Quote:But the 13/50 argument isn't a 'fact'... try again.
Irrelevant the rhetoric is the same. So nice try

But it's not.

One is true, the other is a lie being presented as true.

Not even close.
Quote:But it's not.

Not even close.
Actually, it is. Both you and they take something whether it's true or they believe it's true and tries and pass yourself off as "I'm just stating facts" when you have clear agenda and a narrative your trying to push  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

When do fringe groups not matter?

How about when said fringe group is widely hated in and disavowed by the larger community, despite attempts by third parties to claim said fringe groups are somehow representative of the whole?

Also, here's a bit more information on the situation with NAMBLA and the ILGA.

TL;DR: It seems to have been largely because they fell into the trap of thinking "if we shun them, who's going to be next?" (And I suspect the rest of it is because, when they had been accepted, people didn't really grasp the consequences of child sexual abuse.) And the only reason they were admitted into the ILGA in the first place is because they had bugger-all in the way of rules. Naturally, this has changed since 1979, at least for LGBT organisations, anyway. You can still see versions of this debate in some other communities, and the furry community comes most to mind (examples [which I would advise against researching on a full stomach, especially the latter] would include Rainfurrest 2015 or the controversy over individuals like Kero The Wolf).
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(November 22, 2021 at 10:06 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote:
(November 22, 2021 at 10:01 pm)Helios Wrote: Irrelevant the rhetoric is the same. So nice try

But it's not.

Not even close.

No. You made the analogy. Now you need to rationally justify it. I’ll ask again:

Quote:I’m saying a fringe group that advocates for pedophilia doesn’t necessarily represent the views of the entire LGBTQ community (duh). How is that, in any conceivable, rational way comparable to caring about violence against a minority group?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(November 22, 2021 at 10:10 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: When do fringe groups not matter?

How about when said fringe group is widely hated in and disavowed by the larger community, despite attempts by third parties to claim said fringe groups are somehow representative of the whole?

Also, here's a bit more information on the situation with NAMBLA and the ILGA.

TL;DR: It seems to have been largely because they fell into the trap of thinking "if we shun them, who's going to be next?" (And I suspect the rest of it is because, when they had been accepted, people didn't really grasp the consequences of child sexual abuse.) And the only reason they were admitted into the ILGA in the first place is because they had bugger-all in the way of rules. Naturally, this has changed since 1979, at least for LGBT organisations, anyway. You can still see versions of this debate in some other communities, and the furry community comes most to mind (examples [which I would advise against researching on a full stomach, especially the latter] would include Rainfurrest 2015 or the controversy over individuals like Kero The Wolf).
And considering NAMBLA is pretty much a dead group. The desperation of propping them up is hilarious.
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(November 22, 2021 at 10:00 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote: [quote='LadyForCamus' pid='2077103' dateline='1637631470']
Who said they don’t “matter” other than you, as you desperately try to conflate two subjects that couldn’t be more different?  I said they don’t necessarily represent the views of much larger groups, and cannot rationally be used as an argument for that conclusion.

Seriously…who dropped you?
Quote:Literally no one said they did.

You said, and I quote:

Quote:The reason why it's relevant, is that this person belongs to a group that's trying to redefine pedophile to Minor-Attracted Person (MAP), and yes, they are pushing to be considered part of LBGT.

Your point here, then, is what exactly?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gay marriage: maybe. Anti-gay idiots: pushing stupid laws. Foxaèr 1 1310 May 10, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: robvalue