Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 2:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Covid 19 conspiracies dump
RE: Covid 19 conspiracies dump
(January 7, 2022 at 4:22 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(January 7, 2022 at 2:51 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Such a small message, yet so much bullshit.

You don't think pretty much everyone is going to get covid eventually, vaxxed or not? Covid is here to stay. Might as well get the weakest variant. Vaccines are not going to end this thing. Time to accept that.

Keep peddling your anti vaccination BS. I wont engage in a detailed discussion about why its utter BS, these times are over. But i will keep pointing out your BS, if you dont mind.

(January 7, 2022 at 6:18 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(January 7, 2022 at 5:00 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:

Vaccines won't totally put an end to COVID, but they will, especially if you're boosted, reduce the severity of the symptoms. And while the symptoms are less severe, vaccine or no, there's also the fact that Omicron is a Hell of a lot easier to spread. So, odds are, it'll take far fewer virions to transmit it to anybody. Therefore, you could more easily transmit it to your mother, and it's more likely that she might end up drawing the short end of the stick and get more severe symptoms, especially if she's elderly, and especially if she has fewer vaccinations. And even if it's going to end up becoming endemic, that doesn't mean we should stop bothering to take precautions.

Also, with breakthrough cases becoming more and more prominent, especially as new variants come into being, how sure are we that if you get it now, you'll never have to deal with it again?

Sure, I may get it again in the future, but I'll take that chance with a 99.9 % chance of survival, and I've had two shots plus the infection, so I'll be safe for a good while. I'm not taking a new shot every 3 months for years to come. That's not what I signed up for when I took the initial shots. My mother only really has headaches from it. Minor symptoms. You still think she needs the booster at this exact moment when getting infected gives you better immunity? Sure, it might give you slightly better protection if you get the booster after getting infected, but imo it's overkill and not a necessity, and with a possible bad reaction to the vaccine, it's not worth it for the slightly better protection it provides when you're already sitting in such a good spot, since you already have better protection and immunity than people who've just gotten the 2 shots and the booster. Maybe in 10 months or a year it might make sense for her to get another shot, but not anytime soon.
You are so full of it, its really amazing.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
Quote:Sure, I may get it again in the future, but I'll take that chance with a 99.9 % chance of survival, and I've had two shots plus the infection, so I'll be safe for a good while. I'm not taking a new shot every 3 months for years to come. That's not what I signed up for when I took the initial shots. My mother only really has headaches from it. Minor symptoms. You still think she needs the booster at this exact moment when getting infected gives you better immunity? Sure, it might give you slightly better protection if you get the booster after getting infected, but imo it's overkill and not a necessity, and with a possible bad reaction to the vaccine, it's not worth it for the slightly better protection it provides when you're already sitting in such a good spot, since you already have better protection and immunity than people who've just gotten the 2 shots and the booster. Maybe in 10 months or a year it might make sense for her to get another shot, but not anytime soon.
[Image: r35gdg4prcz11.jpg?auto=webp&s=c4e30dfa24...8d2413f6ae]

Quote:You don't think pretty much everyone is going to get covid eventually, vaxxed or not? Covid is here to stay. Might as well get the weakest variant. Vaccines are not going to end this thing. Time to accept that.
Lol Bullshit Hehe

(January 7, 2022 at 5:00 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:

Vaccines won't totally put an end to COVID, but they will, especially if you're boosted, reduce the severity of the symptoms. And while the symptoms are less severe, vaccine or no, there's also the fact that Omicron is a Hell of a lot easier to spread. So, odds are, it'll take far fewer virions to transmit it to anybody. Therefore, you could more easily transmit it to your mother, and it's more likely that she might end up drawing the short end of the stick and get more severe symptoms, especially if she's elderly, and especially if she has fewer vaccinations. And even if it's going to end up becoming endemic, that doesn't mean we should stop bothering to take precautions.

Also, with breakthrough cases becoming more and more prominent, especially as new variants come into being, how sure are we that if you get it now, you'll never have to deal with it again? 
Rye your trying to explain reason and logic to a nutcase that's drunk the defeatist flavored Koolaid Hehe

[Image: 60dacu.jpg]
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Getting my booster today because I'm not a total bitch !!!
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I got boosted at first opportunity.  I went to a couple shows and a college basketball game in Tulsa.  No infection.  Now, though, hunkering down for winter.  Masking up at work and in stores.
(January 7, 2022 at 9:29 am)Ranjr Wrote: I got boosted at first opportunity.  I went to a couple shows and a college basketball game in Tulsa.  No infection.  Now, though, hunkering down for winter.  Masking up at work and in stores.
Keep it up Great
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Will do.  Sounds like the deniers are in the bargaining stage.  I remember when they went through the same thing with climate change.
(January 7, 2022 at 10:13 am)Ranjr Wrote: Will do.  Sounds like the deniers are in the bargaining stage.  I remember when they went through the same thing with climate change.
Indeed next up is depression.
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Are we sure they haven't just jumped to acceptance? Because I'm fairly certain they did that a year and a half ago.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
If they accept the science, death and climate collapse become more avoidable.  But if you mean the conspiracy cultists are embracing death by denying the facts, then yes.
(January 7, 2022 at 4:30 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Are we sure they haven't just jumped to acceptance? Because I'm fairly certain they did that a year and a half ago.
A fair point they seem to have just given up  Great
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covid-19 Conspiracies The Architect Of Fate 22 2896 July 1, 2020 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah