Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 3:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Covid 19 conspiracies dump
RE: Covid 19 conspiracies dump
(January 9, 2022 at 5:19 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Besides the study I showed you a page ago that looked at the issue and concluded that vaccination is more effective than natural immunity?

Why would that matter though even if it were true? Having had covid gives you significant immunity. Of course you can catch it again, but nonetheless, you already have significant immunity, and you're nitpicking over a few percentage points in immunity that they would gain from taking the vaccine as well. It's a silly argument. You complain about there not being enough beds and healthcare workers in one post, and then downtalk nurses because you don't think they're as bright as you are, so when you have a stuck up elitist standard like that, you have no right to complain about there being a shortage of nurses to help patients out.
Quote:Why would that matter though even if it were true? Having had covid gives you significant immunity. Of course you can catch it again, but nonetheless, you already have significant immunity, and you're nitpicking over a few percentage points in immunity that they would gain from taking the vaccine as well. It's a silly argument. You complain about there not being enough beds and healthcare workers in one post, and then downtalk nurses because you don't think they're as bright as you are, so when you have a stuck up elitist standard like that, you have no right to complain about there being a shortage of nurses to help patients out.
Percentage points matter and consistency of immunity matters. And it's going to be even more so with Omicron.

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2021...consistent

https://news.asante.org/natural-immunity...-immunity/

https://www.waow.com/news/experts-say-na...88a92.html

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/232698/o...from-past/

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arch...ty/621172/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhase...reatments/
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(January 9, 2022 at 5:18 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(January 9, 2022 at 5:14 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: So, to you, if a health care worker rejects the #1 proven means of prevention of a disease that’s overrunning the world and their hospitals’ ICU rooms, that’s irrelevant to their job, which will involve getting in contact with said disease? Am I interpreting you correctly?

Yes. Many people have had adverse effects to the vaccine, and no one should be forced to put this risky vaccine in their body with the threat of their job on the line. And I believe they are being completely rational in not taking the vaccine.

And if adverse effects were more common with the COVID vaccines than any other, or, indeed, if the serious side effects weren’t happening at an extremely low rate, that might actually mean something.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(January 9, 2022 at 5:31 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(January 9, 2022 at 5:18 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Yes. Many people have had adverse effects to the vaccine, and no one should be forced to put this risky vaccine in their body with the threat of their job on the line. And I believe they are being completely rational in not taking the vaccine.

And if adverse effects were more common with the COVID vaccines than any other, or, indeed, if the serious side effects weren’t happening at an extremely low rate, that might actually mean something.
Great
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(January 9, 2022 at 5:31 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(January 9, 2022 at 5:18 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Yes. Many people have had adverse effects to the vaccine, and no one should be forced to put this risky vaccine in their body with the threat of their job on the line. And I believe they are being completely rational in not taking the vaccine.

Ok. So you admit there are some adverse health effects in some number of people. What's the chance of getting an adverse health effect from the vaccine if you don't take it? Zero risk. That sounds better to me than 'some risk'. So, this actually does mean something. Yes, some risk is inferior to no risk, when we are talking about nurses who already have significant immunity from natural immunity. Why take that extra risk, no matter how small it may be, when it's entirely unnecessary? Go along to get along? Just do it to prove to the people that you deserve your job, when you've been risking your health throughout the pandemic, taking care of covid patients all the way through, while you were hailed as a hero on the news, daily, but now are being smeared as the villains of the story? Just give in to authoritarianism because you don't want people to think you're dumb or anti-vaxx?
(January 9, 2022 at 9:10 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(January 9, 2022 at 5:31 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: And if adverse effects were more common with the COVID vaccines than any other, or, indeed, if the serious side effects weren’t happening at an extremely low rate, that might actually mean something.

Ok. So you admit there are some adverse health effects in some number of people. What's the chance of getting an adverse health effect from the vaccine if you don't take it? Zero risk. That sounds better to me than 'some risk'. So, this actually does mean something. Yes, some risk is inferior to no risk, when we are talking about nurses who already have significant immunity from natural immunity. Why take that extra risk, no matter how small it may be, when it's entirely unnecessary? Go along to get along? Just do it to prove to the people that you deserve your job, when you've been risking your health throughout the pandemic, taking care of covid patients all the way through, while you were hailed as a hero on the news, daily, but now are being smeared as the villains of the story? Just give in to authoritarianism because you don't want people to think you're dumb or anti-vaxx?

You got the shots. Get over your bullshit about zero risk.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

And yet the risks of getting COVID are still a shitton more common than the side effects from the vaccine. Those side effects are measured in cases per hundred thousand. The risks from getting COVID? Well, 1 in 4 end up still having symptoms for over a month after their initial diagnosis. A couple cases per hundred thousand vs 1 in 4. I could just be a libcuck, but I like the odds of vaccination more than those of COVID. And natural immunity has less of a guarantee of reinfection than vaccination. We've been over this.

Also, risking your health when there's a pretty clear chance of catching COVID is okay, but the comparatively negligible chance of an adverse reaction to a vaccine is where you draw the line? This makes zero sense to me. Even taking into account the whole "rarer events get more press coverage, and therefore, the risks are clearer to the average person" thing, because I still hear more about people dealing with COVID long-term than people getting adverse reactions from vaccines, and a nurse treating COVID patients will almost certainly SEE more cases of long-haul patients than bad reactions to the vaccine.

And if you think mandatory vaccines are authoritarianism, well, you've almost certainly been subject to mandatory vaccinations, even if it was just as a kid, and nobody (with the possible exception of some Jenny McCarthy types) was wailing about it being authoritarianism. And the COVID-19 vaccines probably have a higher efficacy than the shots you got as a kid.

TL;DR:
[Image: letterkenny-get-off-the-cross.gif]

Quote:Ok. So you admit there are some adverse health effects in some number of people. What's the chance of getting an adverse health effect from the vaccine if you don't take it? Zero risk. That sounds better to me than 'some risk'. So, this actually does mean something. Yes, some risk is inferior to no risk, when we are talking about nurses who already have significant immunity from natural immunity. Why take that extra risk, no matter how small it may be, when it's entirely unnecessary? Go along to get along? Just do it to prove to the people that you deserve your job, when you've been risking your health throughout the pandemic, taking care of covid patients all the way through, while you were hailed as a hero on the news, daily, but now are being smeared as the villains of the story? Just give in to authoritarianism because you don't want people to think you're dumb or anti-vaxx?
There is never zero risk in anything. That's not an excuse. The risks from any serious adverse effects from the vaccine as compared to Covid are so ridiculously tiny you would have to be completely irrational not taking it when there is a far higher risk that natural immunity will fail you and you will both get a new variant or worst pass it on to someone else. Dodgy

(January 9, 2022 at 9:38 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: And yet the risks of getting COVID are still a shitton more common than the side effects from the vaccine. Those side effects are measured in cases per hundred thousand. The risks from getting COVID? Well, 1 in 4 end up still having symptoms for over a month after their initial diagnosis. A couple cases per hundred thousand vs 1 in 4. I could just be a libcuck, but I like the odds of vaccination more than those of COVID. And natural immunity has less of a guarantee of reinfection than vaccination. We've been over this.

Also, risking your health when there's a pretty clear chance of catching COVID is okay, but the comparatively negligible chance of an adverse reaction to a vaccine is where you draw the line? This makes zero sense to me.  Even taking into account the  whole "rarer events get more press coverage, and therefore, the risks are clearer to the average person" thing, because I still hear more about people dealing with COVID long-term than people getting adverse reactions from vaccines, and a nurse treating COVID patients will almost certainly SEE more cases of long-haul patients than bad reactions to the vaccine.

And if you think mandatory vaccines are authoritarianism, well, you've almost certainly been subject to mandatory vaccinations, even if it was just as a kid, and nobody (with the possible exception of some Jenny McCarthy types) was wailing about it being authoritarianism. And the COVID-19 vaccines probably have a higher efficacy than the shots you got as a kid.

TL;DR:
[Image: letterkenny-get-off-the-cross.gif]
Also need i mention the numbers against natural immunity get worst when we consider Omicron
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

It might make some sense if you take into account that people are more afraid of dying in a plane crash than a car crash (the latter is far more common than the former) because when a plane crash happens, it makes the news because it’s so rare, but car crashes are very much “dog bites man” stories. But it falls apart when you consider that, if my experience is any indication, those COVID long-haulers are still more talked about than any real cases of vaccine side effects. But it might not be for IA. That said, if you’re a nurse who deals with a lot of COVID cases, odds are, you almost certainly see more COVID long-haulers than people with serious side effects from the vaccine.

(January 9, 2022 at 11:29 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: It might make some sense if you take into account that people are more afraid of dying in a plane crash than a car crash (the latter is far more common than the former) because when a plane crash happens, it makes the news because it’s so rare, but car crashes are very much “dog bites man” stories. But it falls apart when you consider that, if my experience is any indication, those COVID long-haulers are still more talked about than any real cases of vaccine side effects. But it might not be for IA. That said, if you’re a nurse who deals with a lot of COVID cases, odds are, you almost certainly see more COVID long-haulers than people with serious side effects from the vaccine.
True enough  Great
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covid-19 Conspiracies The Architect Of Fate 22 2896 July 1, 2020 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah