Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 1:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modal ontological argument
RE: Modal ontological argument
Yet another demonstration of how you know nothing, wish to know nothing, and will argue for knowing nothing. For allah..I'm sure. Jerkoff
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 2, 2022 at 4:48 pm)brewer Wrote: Face it, your's is a violent religion, the same as christian. Your's is no better or worse than any other religion of that era. Time for you to give it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_in_the_Quran

Off-topic. Your link just informs me the Qur'an contains verses about warfare. I already know, but thanks.

(February 2, 2022 at 5:55 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Yet another demonstration of how you know nothing, wish to know nothing, and will argue for knowing nothing.  For allah..I'm sure.  Jerkoff

I explained why I think an empty world is nonexistent, your move. Can you tell me how you conceive of an empty world as something that can possibly exist out there..? No space, no time, no laws of physics, no empty area..
(February 2, 2022 at 5:54 pm)Klorophyll Wrote:
(February 2, 2022 at 5:44 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: [quote='Jehanne' pid='2087483' dateline='1643838394']

We live in an expanding Universe, correct?  What, exactly, is the Universe expanding in to?

It's not expanding into anything. it's just expanding. Because the universe is already *everything*.

That's quite an admission, to admit that the Universe is expanding but not at the expense of something else. When I blow up a balloon, it has a spatial center and a center of mass, but as the balloon expands, it displaces the atmosphere around it.

Not so with the Universe; as I said, quite an admission on your part.
(February 2, 2022 at 6:07 pm)Klorophyll Wrote:
(February 2, 2022 at 5:55 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Yet another demonstration of how you know nothing, wish to know nothing, and will argue for knowing nothing.  For allah..I'm sure.  Jerkoff

I explained why I think an empty world is nonexistent, your move. Can you tell me how you conceive of an empty world as something that can possibly exist out there..? No space, no time, no laws of physics, no empty area..

You did, it was idiotic, and you're wrong.  What do you expect me to do about that? An empty world is just a place where things could be, that they aren't. How is that hard to understand?

More pointedly, if you don't think the semantic form is informative - which you've indicated..then why waste your time arguing against a trivial contrapositive...as...you..have. We can conceive of a world in which a god exists. That's true. We can also concieve of a world in which a god doesn't exist..indeed..a world in which nothing exists. People are imaginative.......what's the problem?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I think the universe is expanding into God. As the universe gets bigger, God gets smaller.

[Image: E3OJR8nWYAMOkY3.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(February 2, 2022 at 6:07 pm)Klorophyll Wrote:
(February 2, 2022 at 4:48 pm)brewer Wrote: Face it, your's is a violent religion, the same as christian. Your's is no better or worse than any other religion of that era. Time for you to give it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_in_the_Quran

Off-topic. Your link just informs me the Qur'an contains verses about warfare. I already know, but thanks.

Then you agree that it's time to give it up.

There is nothing that religion is doing for you except for creating animosity.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 2, 2022 at 6:12 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: An empty world is just a place where things could be, that they aren't.  How is that hard to understand?

Thank you for the confession. If it's a place, it's not nothing. Checkmate.

(February 2, 2022 at 6:12 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: More pointedly, if you don't think the semantic form is informative - which you've indicated..then why waste your time arguing against a trivial contrapositive...as...you..have.  We can conceive of a world in which a god exists.  That's true.  We can also concieve of a world in which a god doesn't exist..indeed..a world in which nothing exists.  People are imaginative.......what's the problem?

A world of stuff in which god doesn't exist is a world of stuff.
A world which nothing exists is nothing. Nonexistence.

This can't be clearer.

If anyone want to argue otherwise, they have a lot of serious explaining to do on how one can differentiate between a "world of nothing" and nonexistence.

(February 2, 2022 at 6:22 pm)brewer Wrote:
(February 2, 2022 at 6:07 pm)Klorophyll Wrote: Off-topic. Your link just informs me the Qur'an contains verses about warfare. I already know, but thanks.

Then you agree that it's time to give it up.

Just because the Qur'an talks about warfare doesn't make Islam or its article of faith immoral. I read a lot about this stuff. There is just no total refutation of Islam, least of all a refutation based on verses about how and when to conduct wars, an perennially controversial subject. Islam is a plausible faith for anyone who believes in a God who cares about his creation.
(February 2, 2022 at 6:58 pm)Klorophyll Wrote: A world of stuff in which god doesn't exist is a world of stuff.

This can't be clearer.

Really? You admitted to me a short time ago that the Universe is expanding but that it is not expanding into anything ("nothing").
(February 2, 2022 at 6:58 pm)Klorophyll Wrote: Just because the Qur'an talks about warfare doesn't make Islam or its article of faith immoral. I read a lot about this stuff. There is just no total refutation of Islam, least of all a refutation based on verses about how and when to conduct wars, an perennially controversial subject. Islam is a plausible faith for anyone who believes in a God who cares about his creation.

You'll always be angry and resent anyone/thing that does not believe the same as you.

Anger/resentment is the only reason that you're here.

Time to wake up.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 2, 2022 at 6:58 pm)Klorophyll Wrote: A world of stuff in which god doesn't exist is a world of stuff.

That's fascinating, but it does bring up a related question. Where did God exist before he created the universe?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]