Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 8:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle of Vukovar
RE: Battle of Vukovar
(November 19, 2022 at 2:07 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(November 18, 2022 at 11:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Irony is not evidence. Try again.

Boru
OK, fine, you won the debate. The Battle of Vukovar happened.

Cool. Wanna move on to crop circles?  Wink

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(November 19, 2022 at 2:08 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(November 18, 2022 at 2:30 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Who says wolves are a very demonized animal?

Well, most people think wolves want to eat people, when in fact they don't. In that sense at least, they are being demonized.

People who know nothing about wolves think wolves want to eat people.

Are you thinking of werewolves?
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(November 19, 2022 at 6:59 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(November 19, 2022 at 2:08 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: Well, most people think wolves want to eat people, when in fact they don't. In that sense at least, they are being demonized.
...werewolves?

NO, pls.....too late Dodgy
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
Personally, I think werewolves were responsible for all those sesame seed-covered crop circles that appeared during the Battle of Vukovar.

Boru
And what do you guys think, how are wars possible with respect to the Karl Popper's Principle of Rationality, one of the basic principles of modern social sciences? Karl Popper's Principle of Rationality states that the society as a whole will behave as if every individual in it were rational, because irrationalities of individuals cancel each other out. In other words, there can be no systematic irrationalities, where many individuals are irrational in the same way. But no rational person can think war is a good thing, right? So, how are wars possible?
(November 21, 2022 at 6:00 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: And what do you guys think, how are wars possible with respect to the Karl Popper's Principle of Rationality, one of the basic principles of modern social sciences? Karl Popper's Principle of Rationality states that the society as a whole will behave as if every individual in it were rational, because irrationalities of individuals cancel each other out. In other words, there can be no systematic irrationalities, where many individuals are irrational in the same way. But no rational person can think war is a good thing, right? So, how are wars possible?

Popper used the Principle of Rationality as a process, not as actuality (meaning that IF every individual in a society was rational, then the society as a whole would be rational). He even said that this principle  was false.

Wars are terrible things, but that doesn’t necessarily make them non-rational. For example, if all the people in my country will die because they lack a resource your country has, it is rational for my country to go to war to get it (assuming all other avenues have been exhausted). 

Boru
(November 18, 2022 at 10:13 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(November 18, 2022 at 10:09 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: I know what I am talking about.
No, you just clearly and unambiguously demonstrated that you need your meds adjusted.
I am serious, go and seek (more) professional help.

What should I tell my psychiatrist then?
(November 27, 2022 at 3:10 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(November 18, 2022 at 10:13 am)Deesse23 Wrote: No, you just clearly and unambiguously demonstrated that you need your meds adjusted.

That you’re going to kill their cat?

Boru
(November 27, 2022 at 3:10 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(November 18, 2022 at 10:13 am)Deesse23 Wrote: No, you just clearly and unambiguously demonstrated that you need your meds adjusted.

That you just argued that a city can only be named "city of wolves" in order to make up a story of a massacre. That you can not conceive of another reason.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(November 19, 2022 at 5:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 19, 2022 at 2:07 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: OK, fine, you won the debate. The Battle of Vukovar happened.

Cool. Wanna move on to crop circles?  Wink

Boru

Crop circles are not produced by aliens.

They're created by mutants from the future who travel back and forth through time through wormholes in the Hollow Earth and are trying to warn us of approaching catastrophes, but they've somehow lost the ability to speak to us directly.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle between Richard the Lionheart and Saladin found Deesse23 8 1172 August 4, 2020 at 5:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4