Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 3:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Balloon
RE: The Balloon
-and now a 4th.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
“I know there's been questions and concerns about this, but there is no — again, no — indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity," White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said.

https://news.yahoo.com/aliens-u-lack-sho...20198.html

So the last WH press conference was wholy devoted to balloons. Not one journalist asked about the spilling of toxic chemicals in Ohio, for example.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
[Image: Z9rrtWv_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
[Image: thegreatbankrobbery1969.24766.jpg?w=824]
Let’s be honest, no balloon the size of a small car can possibly carry any substantial intelligence package. A balloon’s carrying capacity must necessarily be less than the weight of a volume of air at the balloon’s operating altitude equal to the size of the balloon itself

A balloon the size of a small car, say 10 cubic meters, would therefore have a carrying capacity at 40k feet of 4 lbs minus the weight of balloon itself.
The could've taped an iphone to it, thus making it capable of signals intelligence.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 13, 2023 at 10:16 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Let’s be honest,  no balloon the size of a small car can possibly carry any substantial intelligence package.   A balloon’s carrying capacity must necessarily be less than the weight of a volume of air at the balloon’s operating altitude equal to the size of the balloon itself

A balloon the size of a small car, say 10 cubic meters, would therefore have a carrying capacity at 40k feet of 4 lbs minus the weight of balloon itself.

For what it’s worth, the original balloon, the one I call The Rover, has an estimated diameter of 200 feet. That volume would be closer to 118,613 cubic meters.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(February 13, 2023 at 10:16 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Let’s be honest,  no balloon the size of a small car can possibly carry any substantial intelligence package.   A balloon’s carrying capacity must necessarily be less than the weight of a volume of air at the balloon’s operating altitude equal to the size of the balloon itself

I'm not an electronics engineer, but it seems that you could pack a fair bit of microminiaturization into a four lb (or slightly smaller) payload.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(February 14, 2023 at 4:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

I'm not an electronics engineer, but it seems that you could pack a fair bit of microminiaturization into a four lb (or slightly smaller) payload.

Boru

As an electronics engineer i agree. You can put a LOT of transistors into a 4lb ECU.
Batteries for a potential transmitter however..i mean, everyone could intercept and read your data (and thus know what you are interested in)...but maybe you wanna store your data on even more small transistors and read it out back home....IF your intention is to get the thing back home.....but how to get a balloon back home...
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse

You obviously haven't seen the latest "DUNE".