Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 8:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
God's omnipresence
RE: God's omnipresence
(September 28, 2023 at 1:33 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
(September 28, 2023 at 1:28 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Reality is what you make it. The "evidence-based" reality is not the only valid reality.

Incorrect. Life is what you make it. Reality is objective.

I'm pretty sure that, out of all those billions of religious people there are in the world, not all of them live in a fantasy in their head.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(September 28, 2023 at 1:57 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(September 28, 2023 at 1:33 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: Incorrect. Life is what you make it. Reality is objective.

I'm pretty sure that, out of all those billions of religious people there are in the world, not all of them live in a fantasy in their head.

LOL
You are even more delusional than anyone suspected. 
https://www.indiatimes.com/news/weird/13...30890.html
Have you ever considered getting an education ?
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(September 28, 2023 at 1:33 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: Incorrect. Life is what you make it. Reality is objective.

Of course, they do. Cool
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

I am equally sure that billions of them believe in at least one bit of entirely unevidenced bullshit.

(September 28, 2023 at 2:42 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 28, 2023 at 1:57 pm)Ahriman Wrote: I'm pretty sure that, out of all those billions of religious people there are in the world, not all of them live in a fantasy in their head.

I am equally sure that billions of them believe in at least one bit of entirely unevidenced bullshit.

Oh no, some people's beliefs are not one hundred percent objective and factual, how will the human race survive?
(September 28, 2023 at 2:46 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(September 28, 2023 at 2:42 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I am equally sure that billions of them believe in at least one bit of entirely unevidenced bullshit.

Oh no, some people's beliefs are not one hundred percent objective and factual, how will the human race survive?

That whoosh you're hearing is my point flying past you. Your proper order of operations is to think before you post.

It was more a blatant point of sarcasm, but, yeah, a disappointment, as usual.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 28, 2023 at 2:49 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 28, 2023 at 2:46 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Oh no, some people's beliefs are not one hundred percent objective and factual, how will the human race survive?

That whoosh you're hearing is my point flying past you. Your proper order of operations is to think before you post.

Humans have been around for many thousands of years, and during all that time, most people were or are religious. You don't think religion might have something to do with keeping humanity alive?
(September 28, 2023 at 2:54 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(September 28, 2023 at 2:49 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That whoosh you're hearing is my point flying past you. Your proper order of operations is to think before you post.

Humans have been around for many thousands of years, and during all that time, most people were or are religious. You don't think religion might have something to do with keeping humanity alive?

We also evolved to have appendices that can burst and kill us. What's your point, again? An assumption that religion is good for humanity? Demonstrate it.

(September 28, 2023 at 3:10 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 28, 2023 at 2:54 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Humans have been around for many thousands of years, and during all that time, most people were or are religious. You don't think religion might have something to do with keeping humanity alive?

We also evolved to have appendices that can burst and kill us. What's your point, again? An assumption that religion is good for humanity? Demonstrate it.

If that is his point, I strongly recommend he watch the debate between Hitchens/Fry and Onaiyekan/Widdecombe.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My argument against God(s) & omnipresence ErGingerbreadMandude 8 2381 June 2, 2016 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Shadow_Man
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 13371 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6995 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad