Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 7:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
(April 2, 2024 at 2:06 pm)requiredfield Wrote:
(April 2, 2024 at 12:29 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: All words are made up.

The terms ‘male and female’ refer to biological sex, while ‘man and woman’ refer to gender.

Use of public restrooms according to gender is perfectly appropriate for trans people.

‘Transvestite’ is considered a derogatory term and has been replaced by ‘cross dresser’.

‘Tomboy‘ is considered condescending, which is why it has fallen out of use.

I hope this helps with your confusion, Shit.

Boru

You're using my pronoun wrong. You're supposed to use it when talking to someone else about me. 

Having said that, I am a shit. So you're forgiven. 

Well, what happened to cross dressers? Weren't they getting enough attention? I guess being a transitioner scores more points. 

Actually, I’ve decided to name you ‘Shit’, Shit. I think it works.

Also, I deleted your overtly racist comment. Mind how you go.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(April 2, 2024 at 2:06 pm)requiredfield Wrote: I'm a transphobe.

It took a lot of courage for me to say it. Please help me. All of you.

I need more information. What do you do when you're not masturbating?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
(April 2, 2024 at 4:13 am)requiredfield Wrote: From what I understand, sex is what you actually are, and gender (made up term) is what you think you are.
Are there any terms that aren't made up? Outside of the ones that are just onomotopaeiae?
Here's a simple explanation of the difference between sex and gender:

Quote:So, for example, if you're a man but for some reason you think you're a woman, then your sex is (obviously) male, but your "gender" is woman (not female?). It's all very confusing. They say that your sex is assigned at birth but this is of course nonsense. Your sex is observed.
Not always. Even biological sex is a lot less cut-and-dried than the simple binary. Case in point, Eden Atwood has a condition where she was born as XY, with testes and testosterone coursing through her veins, but a genetic abnormality made her immune to testosterone. It's called Complete Androgen Insensitivity, and it occurs somewhere between once in every 20,000 births, and once in every 100,000 births.

This is part of a genetic phoenomenon called intersexuality, and CAIS is just one of many ways it comes about.

Quote: I'm not sure why these individuals insist on using toilets that correspond to their "gender" rather than to their sex. It would be a lot better for everyone if they simply used the one that is appropriate to them. 
IN fairness, I can understand your hesitation. I wouldn't want to imagine someone like this in the ladies' room.
[Image: hughesx400d-0.jpg?id=32745524&width=400&quality=85]
Oh, wait, that's actually a trans man named Michael C. Hughes in the ladies' room he "apparently" belongs in due to being biologically female.

Quote:I've noticed that these days you never hear about transvestites. Where did they go? What happened to them? Same with tomboys.
The former is an antiquated term for cross-dressing, and, frankly, there's probably still hundreds of tomboys for every trans-man, because, frankly, having interests more common among the opposite gender is a different thing than considering yourself a member of that same opposite gender.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 2, 2024 at 3:14 pm)GUBU Wrote:
(April 2, 2024 at 4:13 am)requiredfield Wrote: From what I understand, sex is what you actually are, and gender (made up term) is what you think you are. So, for example, if you're a man but for some reason you think you're a woman, then your sex is (obviously) male, but your "gender" is woman (not female?). It's all very confusing. They say that your sex is assigned at birth but this is of course nonsense. Your sex is observed. I'm not sure why these individuals insist on using toilets that correspond to their "gender" rather than to their sex. It would be a lot better for everyone if they simply used the one that is appropriate to them. 

I've noticed that these days you never hear about transvestites. Where did they go? What happened to them? Same with tomboys.

Transvestite is simply an older term for a transgender person, dropped largely because of the negative connotations put on it by the right and far right.

But hey, you don't care about knowing stuff, do you? Or not being an utter shit of a person, neither.

That's ridiculous. Transvestite means someone who dresses like the opposite sex. Vest. It's latin. It means to dress. This is basic stuff. 

By the way what the fuck are you doing wearing a mask in your photo? Oh yeah, the plandemic. You people are nuts.
(April 2, 2024 at 3:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 2, 2024 at 2:06 pm)requiredfield Wrote: You're using my pronoun wrong. You're supposed to use it when talking to someone else about me. 

Having said that, I am a shit. So you're forgiven. 

Well, what happened to cross dressers? Weren't they getting enough attention? I guess being a transitioner scores more points. 

Actually, I’ve decided to name you ‘Shit’, Shit. I think it works.

Also, I deleted your overtly racist comment. Mind how you go.

Boru

What racist comment? Can you give me a clue what it was? Was it about blacks?
(April 2, 2024 at 4:18 pm)brewer Wrote:
(April 2, 2024 at 2:06 pm)requiredfield Wrote: I'm a transphobe.

It took a lot of courage for me to say it. Please help me. All of you.

I need more information. What do you do when you're not masturbating?

I don't know. It's been so long.
(April 2, 2024 at 4:56 pm)requiredfield Wrote:
(April 2, 2024 at 3:14 pm)GUBU Wrote: Transvestite is simply an older term for a transgender person, dropped largely because of the negative connotations put on it by the right and far right.

But hey, you don't care about knowing stuff, do you? Or not being an utter shit of a person, neither.

That's ridiculous. Transvestite means someone who dresses like the opposite sex. Vest. It's latin. It means to dress. This is basic stuff. 

By the way what the fuck are you doing wearing a mask in your photo? Oh yeah, the plandemic. You people are nuts.

His mask has nothing to do with the pandemic - he’s wanted by the police. On a daily basis.

Boru
(April 2, 2024 at 4:40 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(April 2, 2024 at 4:13 am)requiredfield Wrote: From what I understand, sex is what you actually are, and gender (made up term) is what you think you are.
Are there any terms that aren't made up? Outside of the ones that are just onomotopaeiae?

Quote:So, for example, if you're a man but for some reason you think you're a woman, then your sex is (obviously) male, but your "gender" is woman (not female?). It's all very confusing. They say that your sex is assigned at birth but this is of course nonsense. Your sex is observed.
Not always. Even biological sex is a lot less cut-and-dried than the simple binary. Case in point, Eden Atwood has a condition where she was born as XY, with testes and testosterone coursing through her veins, but a genetic abnormality made her immune to testosterone. It's called Complete Androgen Insensitivity, and it occurs somewhere between once in every 20,000 births, and once in every 100,000 births.

This is part of a genetic phoenomenon called intersexuality, and CAIS is just one of many ways it comes about.

Quote: I'm not sure why these individuals insist on using toilets that correspond to their "gender" rather than to their sex. It would be a lot better for everyone if they simply used the one that is appropriate to them. 
IN fairness, I can understand your hesitation. I wouldn't want to imagine someone like this in the ladies' room.
Oh, wait, that's actually a trans man named Michael C. Hughes in the ladies' room he "apparently" belongs in due to being biologically female.

Quote:I've noticed that these days you never hear about transvestites. Where did they go? What happened to them? Same with tomboys.
The former is an antiquated term for cross-dressing, and, frankly, there's probably still hundreds of tomboys for every trans-man, because, frankly, having interests more common among the opposite gender is a different thing than considering yourself a member of that same opposite gender.

Transman? Sorry I'm not really into superheroes. Except Superman. And maybe Batman.
(April 2, 2024 at 5:00 pm)requiredfield Wrote:
(April 2, 2024 at 4:40 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Are there any terms that aren't made up? Outside of the ones that are just onomotopaeiae?

Transman? Sorry I'm not really into superheroes. Except Superman. And maybe Batman.

You’re really quite stupid, aren’t you, Shit?

Boru
(April 2, 2024 at 4:56 pm)requiredfield Wrote:
(April 2, 2024 at 3:14 pm)GUBU Wrote: Transvestite is simply an older term for a transgender person, dropped largely because of the negative connotations put on it by the right and far right.

There are still transvestites around, but they don't seem as strange now. Probably it's because there are others pushing the envelope even farther.

The most famous transvestite I can think of is Grayson Perry, a British artist. He is heterosexual, uses he/him pronouns, is not trans. He just likes to dress up. 

He said this:

Quote:“No one’s as sexist as a transvestite. We like gender roles. I always describe myself as gender rigid,” he laughed. “I signed up for a gender and I want them to be very clearly delineated so I know I’m dressing up in the wrong clothes.”

It's a mild transgression. It gets him attention and he has fun. 

There have been two well-known transvestites here in Hiroshima. One came from a rich family and didn't have to work, and he got a kick out of wearing very short mini-dresses in public. Otherwise he was straight, though. Then the other one is an older man, very skinny, who wears the type of kimono that young women wear for Coming of Age day. They are very bright, verging on garish. He doesn't wear them right, however -- just drapes them on like a bathrobe. He also wears a long blond wig. I suspect that he may be what people used to call "a crazy man." 

I'm sure there are more -- probably part-timers who spend time in the parts of town I no longer go to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transexuals BGChuckLee 249 61890 January 9, 2013 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Cinjin