Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 3:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So you believe in evolution..
RE: So you believe in evolution..
In other words, a Cessna.
Trying to update my sig ...
Is this constructive?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Has any of this been constructive?
(December 23, 2011 at 7:50 pm)Blam! Wrote:
(December 23, 2011 at 6:37 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote: I have to believe in it. It exists.

Evolution doesn't require faith nor does the science. There's common misconception about the word of "belief" - To theists, "belief" are enough to imply the faith.

Furthermore, science also doesn't require "belief" to analyze the scientific methods, but rather logic, reason and critical thinking - with assistance of scientific technologies like microscope.
Arrrrgh! 120 minutes limitation per Full Edit, yet unable to edit my old post. I should have be more careful next time. Anyway...

What I am trying to edit my old post to this:

Evolution don't require faith nor belief. We don't have to "believe" in the evolution, because belief and faith is irrelevant to evolution. Evolution operates on reason, physical evidence, logic and scientific methods in which are essence of science, not belief and faith.

Evolution is Science. Hence the saying, "Science works, bitches."
To the OP, on why certain species have not evolved in a very, very long time:
If a species, such as an ant, is as lethal and efficient as it can possibly be, or even close, there will be no noticeable evolution until something else evolves sufficiently and in such a way as to threaten it and cause another trait to be desirable instead of what already exists. I'm well aware of the difference between micro and macro evolution, by the way.

It's clear that while you grasp the basics of evolution, you have not researched (or at least not comprehended :/ ) the more advanced ways in which it functions, such as group selection.
Micro and macro... Confused Fall

Yeah, this is a deconstructive topic. Angel
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
Evolution requires belief?
So you believe in evolution..
(December 25, 2011 at 9:47 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Evolution requires belief?

Didn't you hear? Apparently it's a religion ;D
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Confused Fall Well, it doesn't occur until you observe it, so you have to believe in it to go looking for it, duh.
Just like gravity. I fell asleep and must've stopped believing at some point, next thing I know I'm on the ceiling.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you believe in behavioural modernity? dazzn 23 6965 May 18, 2013 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30962 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you believe in aliens? Edwardo Piet 24 12356 November 5, 2008 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet