Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 18, 2024, 9:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decline of religion
RE: Decline of religion
Meh, they had a good run, no religion lasts forever.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Baltimore Catholics reeling after archdiocese proposes closing 40 of 61 parishes

On Sunday, the Archdiocese of Baltimore announced that 40 of 61 parishes in Baltimore City and surrounding areas could close due to declining attendance. St. Vincent de Paul, the city’s oldest Catholic parish church in continuous operation, is among those slated to be consolidated with other parishes.

Across Baltimore, Catholics on Monday reacted with sorrow, anger and outrage to news that the archdiocese planned to shutter two-thirds of the churches. Many vowed to fight to keep open churches to which they and their families had belonged for decades.

“Once there were thousands of people supporting these churches, buildings and ministries,” Auxiliary Bishop Bruce Lewandowski said. “Now there are dozens or hundreds. They’ve been heroic and made tremendous sacrifices. They have poured their hard-earned money, energies and talents into keeping these places going.”

In the mid-1900s, Lewandowski said, there were more than 250,000 people worshipping at Baltimore’s Catholic churches. Today, about 5,000 to 8,000 attend Sunday Mass in the city, and many of them come from the suburbs.

Lewandowski said the proposal is not related to the archdiocese’s decision to file for bankruptcy in September, before a state law went into effect allowing more survivors of childhood sexual abuse to file lawsuits. Last year, the Maryland Office of the Attorney General released a 456-page report outlining decades of heinous sexual, physical and emotional abuse by more than 100 members of the clergy.

Lewandowski said a final decision on the proposal would be released in June. The process of closing churches, moving programs and ultimately deconsecrating and selling church buildings, would likely take several years.

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/commu...4Y2O6UACU/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Close facilities, hoard more money.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 17, 2024 at 11:24 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Meh, they had a good run, no religion lasts forever.

Guess Neichze, just a little premature.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
LOL, their god died long before their church did. It's been shambling around for quite awhile.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Pope Francis Slammed by Fox News Host: 'Churches Are Empty'

Rachel Campos-Duffy, co-host of Fox & Friends Weekend, questioned why Pope Francis discussed climate change during an interview with CBS News when "churches are empty."

During the exclusive interview with CBS Evening News anchor Norah O'Donnell, his first with a U.S. TV network, Pope Francis hit out at "foolish" climate change deniers who don't believe the evidence for human-caused global warming.

"Pope Francis used 1st US TV interview to talk climate change??!! I am in Italy now. The churches are empty (Mass attendance WAY down under his papacy)" Campos-Duffy wrote.

https://www.newsweek.com/pope-francis-cl...fy-1894502
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
In Germany, an initiative was launched to declare church buildings a public asset.

Christian communities are less and less able to preserve church buildings, many of them have been put out of use or even removed. People don't need them anymore.

https://www.moderne-regional.de/kirchenmanifest/
(May 15, 2024 at 10:42 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: In Germany, an initiative was launched to declare church buildings a public asset.

Christian communities are less and less able to preserve church buildings, many of them have been put out of use or even removed. People don't need them anymore.

https://www.moderne-regional.de/kirchenmanifest/

I propose that all unused churches be repurposed as therapy centres for child victims of clerical sexual abuse.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(May 15, 2024 at 12:29 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I propose that all unused churches be repurposed as therapy centres for child victims of clerical sexual abuse.

Unlikely that the victims would find the venue relaxing.
(May 15, 2024 at 4:11 pm)Paleophyte Wrote:
(May 15, 2024 at 12:29 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I propose that all unused churches be repurposed as therapy centres for child victims of clerical sexual abuse.

Unlikely that the victims would find the venue relaxing.

Well, we’d paint the churches first. Duh.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax