Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 12:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's the weather treating you today?
RE: How's the weather treating you today?
We are under monsoon conditions again. The patio furniture I retrieved the other day has been blown off the deck again.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

It's hot and muggy where I live. I hate this time of year.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
Cold and wet.
Cloudy, but OK temperature-wise. "June gloom", it's called around here. Every day that isn't some stupid-hot (or cold) temp is OK by me. I wired up and installed a mosquito trap in the back yard to reduce the population of those ankle-chewing mosquitoes that have invaded southern California. They don't seem to enjoy my taste,  Tut Tut but they delight in chewing on the succulent wife.  Hehe One of my sons said that the trap was too far from where the water that they can hatch from. The point is to attract them away from that area. We also bought a timer and a CO2 tank to mimic human breathing.  Money is one object, but those things can carry diseases, as well. THAT, I'm concerned with. The trap is just a bucket with a fan and a flapper that closes when the fan isn't running, so that the little buggers can be disposed of. When the fan stops, the flap closes, to keep them in. I'll go out when it's hot (and they hide from the heat) and check the trap. Someday.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Humid as all-get-out the last two days, but no rain. Looking at 94F tomorrow, with pro'bly 103-104 heat index. Sit in Mom's pool for a bit sounds good.

clouds of pollen wafting about. I feel like a walking sinus.
Like I just insulted its mother’s cooking.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
And another monsoon just went through. FFS - there's nowhere left for the water to go. The backyard is a pond.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

About to rain.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
So much pollen the sky is yellow.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2..._secondary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3996 287135 September 17, 2024 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1464 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 3075 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 977 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  What's your favorite Weather app? Jehanne 13 1386 July 20, 2022 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1451 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1541 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 780 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 607 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 4447 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4