Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite Weather app?
What's your favorite Weather app?
I like AccuWeather. It's nice because I receive severe weather alerts prior to the local civil alerts and/or sirens.
RE: What's your favorite Weather app?
Storm Radar and wind finder
Shouting, "Hey Alexa, what's the weather?" That's usually followed by, "Alexa, what's the windspeed?" so that I'll know what hat to wear, if any.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 19, 2022 at 4:23 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Storm Radar and wind finder

Is this on the Google Play store? Can't seem to find it.
The Weather Channel App came on my phone and I use it. I know it's an estimate and don't count on it much except for lately when the forecast is hot, hotter, hottest.

I never look more than a few days ahead any time as the forecasts on there, and even on the local radio station, are maybe good for about 72 hours.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Looking out the window.
Dying to live, living to die.
I use a similar one to Valks. Mine is called ‘Eyewitness Weather’ - I step outside and I witness the weather.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I have a cloud icon on my phone app that connects to the weather channel.

But I have noticed that over the last few years the app is constantly bothering me with warnings. By that, it almost always has an exclamation mark in red and when I click on it I'm getting warnings of thunderstorms or winds, but it doesn't pan out or it shows up after a week and it's a fucking thunderstorm or a fucking wind it doesn't have to freak out about it.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(July 20, 2022 at 3:03 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I use a similar one to Valks. Mine is called ‘Eyewitness Weather’ - I step outside and I witness the weather.

Boru

My son used to walk out onto the back porch to determine how to dress for school that day.  Seemed to work well for him.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I'll have to sample these.  I just use The Weather Channel, and I hate it - constant subscription nagging and ads.  I'm just too lazy to look for alternatives, and have taken to just watching the local news at 10, seeing the weatherman tell me how many degrees over 100 it will be with no discernaable rain, then going to bed and awaiting the next day of the furnace.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 905 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Who's your favorite serial killer? Foxaèr 9 655 October 6, 2022 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Your favorite species. Brian37 43 1989 August 11, 2021 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Your favorite meat approximation? Gawdzilla Sama 31 1592 August 29, 2020 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your Favorite Religious/ Scriptural Quotes chimp3 37 3903 May 6, 2020 at 11:44 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 626 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Your favorite type of Dog Docto021 23 1501 May 6, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Where's your favorite place to travel to? EgoDeath 21 2079 March 2, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3124 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your all-time favorite hallucination? Gawdzilla Sama 43 2815 September 29, 2018 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Angrboda