Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 4:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Putting it in my mouth
RE: Putting it in my mouth
(June 22, 2024 at 9:26 pm)Jackalope Wrote:
(June 22, 2024 at 12:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Mashed potato with green onions, butter, and heavy cream.

Boru

Can mashed potatoes be made without butter and cream?

I've heard that some people make it with margarine and milk. even plant-based 'milk'. These people should be whipped (metaphorically speaking).

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Chicken ramen with gochujang.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Kung Pao tofu and rice.
3/4 cup of cashews and six dates.
Disappointing theists since 1968!
Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy. This was McCormick's poultry gravy mix. Thew flavor lands in a no-man's land between chicken gravy and turkey gravy, which is a bit disappointing. But it was only $5, and it was fortuitous timing that Amazon delivered it today because they were out-of-stock on chicken gravy when they filled my Walmart grocery order earlier.
Grilled chicken strips wrapped up in a tortilla with sour cream and black beans.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
My morning handful of meds.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Walmart tuna, cold, straight from the can. I could say that I'm assessing it on its merits aside from in a dish of some sort, but the truth is that I'm hungry and I just like cold tuna straight from the can. I am indeed assessing different tunas, though I erred somewhat by buying both tuna in water and tuna in oil, so straight-up comparisons may be difficult. After reading various reviews, the brands I'm focusing on are Starkist, Target's Good & Gather brand, and Walmart's GV brand. The Walmart brand didn't come up in reviews, but given the price, it's worthy of inclusion. This is part of a larger project of developing lists of meal ideas that can be made inexpensively in order to lower the average cost of my meals. I realized that I had more or less dropped tuna from my diet for no specific reason or intent.
Picante chicken ramen. One of the two flavor packets was for beef, so the result was rather weak. I added some tomato-flavored chicken bouillon, which yielded very good flavor but no appreciable heat. So I added some Mexican hot sauce. The result had fine heat, even if it tasted a bit odd. I suspect plain chicken ramen + bouillon + hot sauce is likely the most satisfactory and economical option.
Thinking about trying curried vegetables and rice for an inexpensive meal. I'm still experimenting with tofu. Yesterday was my first use of my tofu press. I'm happy with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Star Wars plot holes? Wash your mouth out! ignoramus 3 572 May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  "putting time in perspective," and some fun facts! Catholic_Lady 49 9862 July 15, 2015 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Putting Creed's Humanism Back thesummerqueen 5 3212 December 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  School putting too much emphasis on sports passionatefool 15 6516 November 10, 2011 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious