Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"putting time in perspective," and some fun facts!
"putting time in perspective," and some fun facts!
In an attempt to find some common ground with you heathens, I have recently posted an article from a blog I really really like.  Wink

Unfortunately, it turned out not to be as well liked as I had hoped, so I'm trying again with another article from the same blog.

The reason I say "common ground" is because this particular blogger is an atheist and a liberal, and so I'm hoping you guys might like his stuff. And if yall like his stuff and I like his stuff, we'll have something in common for a change lol. I want to be able to connect with/relate to you guys, at least on some levels. Shy

Here: http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/08/putting-ti...ctive.html

Check it out!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: "putting time in perspective," and some fun facts!
(July 15, 2015 at 2:28 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I want to be able to connect with/relate to you guys, at least on some levels.

All very nice and you're polite and all that but I have to ask why? Why do you have a desire to agree with atheists on something? You'd struggle to find a topic that we all agree on, as we don't have any real common interests or opinions (apart from the obvious).

Maybe you're searching for the truth but haven't realised it yet?
I have huge problems estimating how long ago things happened. I've been out by several years sometimes.

I also have a weird feeling that an event happened both a long time ago, but also really recently. This is even when I know exactly when it did happen.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Cath, you're attracted to our freedom of expression and critical thinking! That is everyone's default position (before you know what happens in childhood!)
It's fun and liberating and no, we don't naturally gravitate into a cesspool of evil slime...

You're already a valued member here.
If, on the other hand you want to "think" like us, well, only you can make that happen. What's stopping you bae! Shed the baggage!
The only crime committed would be the imaginary one in your head!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Look at all that time Gawd wasted.
Simply because someone claims to be an atheist, doesn't mean other atheists are gonna agree to his thoughts. Atheists agree on just one opinion and nothing else. Heck we can't even agree on roasted babies vs grilled babies.

Anyway, do you like this forum? I do too! ...Welcome to the common ground!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(July 15, 2015 at 6:33 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Heck we can't even agree on roasted babies vs grilled babies.

Grilled all the way. What fucker has time to roast?
Fuck You ...café atheist!

Sushi babies or nothing...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 15, 2015 at 2:57 am)TubbyTubby Wrote:
(July 15, 2015 at 2:28 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I want to be able to connect with/relate to you guys, at least on some levels.

All very nice and you're polite and all that but I have to ask why? Why do you have a desire to agree with atheists on something? You'd struggle to find a topic that we all agree on, as we don't have any real common interests or opinions (apart from the obvious).

Why not? Shy

Every person is someone I can learn from. Every person (well, almost anyway) is worth being friends with. I'm enjoying my time here a lot, mostly because you guys are something new and different to me.

So if I'm here anyway, and I'm enjoying my time here, then why not try to connect on a more human level and be in with the community? Shy

I have been a fan of Wait But Why for several months now, and thought it would be something you guys might like, and so I wanted to share that.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(July 15, 2015 at 9:26 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(July 15, 2015 at 2:57 am)TubbyTubby Wrote: All very nice and you're polite and all that but I have to ask why? Why do you have a desire to agree with atheists on something? You'd struggle to find a topic that we all agree on, as we don't have any real common interests or opinions (apart from the obvious).

Why not? Shy

Every person is someone I can learn from. Every person (well, almost anyway) is worth being friends with. I'm enjoying my time here a lot, mostly because you guys are something new and different to me.

So if I'm here anyway, and I'm enjoying my time here, then why not try to connect on a more human level and be in with the community? Shy

I have been a fan of Wait But Why for several months now, and thought it would be something you guys might like, and so I wanted to share that.

I think that it is more productive to find areas that you agree with others than to assume that you can't agree on any issues.

One of the reasons that some people have trouble accepting evolution is that the length of time needed is hard for many humans to grasp.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Putting it in my mouth Foxaèr 1578 77432 3 hours ago
Last Post: Angrboda
  Time for some Halloween shit. brewer 142 5401 November 4, 2023 at 4:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 801 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Help me with your perspective Foxaèr 11 821 June 27, 2023 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fun with computers. Brian37 34 2247 October 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
  Fun phrases from other countries/cultures. Gawdzilla Sama 3 331 August 3, 2020 at 1:33 pm
  Interesting FACTS Cod 37 2737 October 29, 2019 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Ten Facts... The Valkyrie 234 16840 December 4, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Who says drunk girls in a club aren't fun brewer 30 5257 November 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Once again time for how much time you've spent here Foxaèr 23 2675 April 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue