Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 20, 2024, 4:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
(July 31, 2024 at 9:33 pm)Jackalope Wrote:
(July 31, 2024 at 7:23 am)brewer Wrote: Yep, it sucks when you have to control some things for others benefit after you've croaked.

The challenge is I don't want to cut out one of my stepchildren but until he is willing to address his addiction issues and get some semblance of stability, it would be very irresponsible to give him access to a lot of money.

Make that part of the will/estate contingency (must be sober and gets X amount of money/year until he reaches X age) and then find a good executor, lawyer if necessary.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Our local forecasters underestimated the strength of last nights storm. They said 65mph wind, it turned out to be 90 to 100. Without power for 19 hours. Part of the fence went down and it broke a few limbs, garden looks really ruff. Spent the morning fixing stuff and picking up trash. MacGyvered a solar oven for lunch. Will get on the roof tomorrow.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Making overnight oats.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Told my boss about my plan to retire.

He said, "Yeah, right! You'll still be here when you're 70!"

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(August 1, 2024 at 2:31 pm)brewer Wrote: Our local forecasters underestimated the strength of last nights storm. They said 65mph wind, it turned out to be 90 to 100. Without power for 19 hours. Part of the fence went down and it broke a few limbs, garden looks really ruff. Spent the morning fixing stuff and picking up trash. MacGyvered a solar oven for lunch. Will get on the roof tomorrow.

We experience the same things here.  I don't even know why we have forecasters as they are often very wrong.

Be careful with the scaling of the roof.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

^ I'm reminded that one of my managers asked me when I was going to retire (complete HR no-no, btw) and I told him 65. I was grousing about work one day and my wife said I should get a retirement package and give it to her parent's investment people for analysis. Nothing ventured, etc. Three months later we went in and I was told that I could retire any time. Not an answer I ever expected to hear. I figured I'd be found slumped over my desk. That was April '14. I waited until 5 weeks before my last day and gave notice, as that made it 25 years. My management was agog, side-eye everywhere. I'd've had the last laugh, but the three people they put on the work that I had been doing meant they could  charge the gov more.   Hmph
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
We’ve decided to put off retirement for a couple of years. The plan is still the same - sell the house, the shop, the cars, etc, buy a houseboat and go quietly to pieces. It was going to happen early next year, but she put on her accountant’s hat and said, ‘Two more years.’ Being the Man Of The House, I stood my ground like a boss and said, ‘Yes, dear.’

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(August 1, 2024 at 5:41 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Told my boss about my plan to retire.

He said, "Yeah, right! You'll still be here when you're 70!"

If he hasn't forced you into early retirement yet, you're doing something wrong.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
March 12, 2027 is the date for me, though recent developments might delay that. I'd retire today if it wasn't for medical issues.

By "retire", I mean "change careers to scuba bum", of course.
(August 1, 2024 at 7:50 pm)Jackalope Wrote: March 12, 2027 is the date for me, though recent developments might delay that. I'd retire today if it wasn't for medical issues.

By "retire", I mean "change careers to scuba bum", of course.

Yup.

Looking forward to sitting on the beach with a cold beer and watch the hotties go by.

Might even invite Foxy to join me...

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 77 4815 June 10, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Silver 9 1536 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball