Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 20, 2024, 12:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
Just dyed my hair again. My plan, that took hours yesterday, didn't really turn out the way I wanted so I dyed it again.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Dug up my old phone.

Going to use the mobile date phone for Lyft/Uber rides, messaging.

Going to use the old phone for wifi, writing, and Spotify.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
My wife is now into sent training Lexy. She's got multiple metal boxes that she either puts a scent in or leaves unscented then places them around the house and Lexy has to find the correct scent. She calls it smelly box training. At first she didn't understand why I was tracking up.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Spent three and a quarter hours in darkness waiting for the power to come back on. As you can guess, the power’s finally back. So now, Allison and I are watching Lethal Weapon in the basement.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Starting some salmon. I'm cooking frozen fillets sous vide, though I'm not sure how much time to adjust for starting from frozen. We'll see how this goes.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
The Phillies' announcer is discussing the colors of the pens he uses on his scorecard. They're not having a good day.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
At Ravinia, waiting for ZZ Top to come on stage. And I hope to get some pics of the 18-string bass. In the meantime, I got this.

[Image: IMG-9501.jpg]

So, for any one curious about the monstrosity of a bass Elwood Francis plays (@Thumpalumpacus) I took the liberty of filming the video screen for (most of*) their first number “Got Me Under Pressure.” I won’t share the full thing, but here are some screenshots I took from the video (click for a better view):

[Image: IMG-1749.jpg]
Information I’ve gleaned: Elwood mostly uses either the top or bottom couple strings. Also, apparently a Chinese knockoff of another person’s custom guitar, and it’s apparently intended to be a tapping, Chapman-stick style instrument. It’s also so heavy that he switches to a much lighter bass (lower right quadrant) for the rest of the show. At least, he hasn’t switched his bass after that initial.

And, naturally, Billy Gibbons’ guitar is no slouch either:

[Image: IMG-9514.jpg]

It’s a double header at Ravinia with ZZ Top and The Ship of Theseus Lynyrd Skynyrd, and I suspect that the latter’s going to be a disappointment after the ZZ Top show.

One more detail, and I wish I was making this up, the last song in their pre-show audio is the Squidibillies theme.

* I accidentally pressed the power button at an in opportune time.

Just made an appt for tomorrow to get the flu shot and the new COVID vaccine. I haven't felt great this week anyway and figure I may as well use the long weekend to get over whatever it is and also deal with any potential vaccine side effects. Though it won't be two weeks before I travel (if I am well enough to do so) but I figure some protection is better than none.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(August 29, 2024 at 9:24 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Just made an appt for tomorrow to get the flu shot and the new COVID vaccine.  I haven't felt great this week anyway and figure I may as well use the long weekend to get over whatever it is and also deal with any potential vaccine side effects.  Though it won't be two weeks before I travel (if I am well enough to do so) but I figure some protection is better than none.

I'm doing mine sometime mid Sept, then RSV a month after.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 77 4581 June 10, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Silver 9 1502 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball