Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 5:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uni Health Care
RE: Uni Health Care
EvF I know it feels good to vent, but you're venting on deaf ears (or eyes). She only hears and reads what she wants to to serve her own purpose. Naive she is and I'm sure she's under 25, no offense to the rational people here that are under 25. Her ideas and the way she puts thing comes across to me sounding like someone who is no more that 12 or 13 years old, again no offense to the rational 12 or 13 year old's out there. My 16 year old isn't as naive and makes more sense than her and he rides the little bus to school.
binnyCoffee
There must be something that extra offends you about DLF Binny. It seems that after someone chews her out, you have to remind them that you think she is too stupid to be chewed out. Repeatedly... Interesting.

Quote:What is anyone going to buy on thirty grand a year?
Try a dollar a day. That is more the world average. I appreciate you opinion though Land Fish, I feel badly that everyone here is lynching you. Heck, you don't even believe in God...

Thanks,
-Pip
I think DLF is just pitchin' it raw. Sure, she would probably get farther if she learned to couch her ideas to make them less offensive. Even though I do not agree with her, I understand where she is coming from and it seems she just hasn't taken all the variabls into account.

I have envisioned a system where we waste no money of social programs and allow the free market to control the scene as it is meant to. The problem is that a free market does not control externalities, and people have proven to be bad at manageing their own money so some control has to be exerted by the government. That is why America is set up like it is right now, with an attempt at balance between social programs and free markets.

My new vision has a large place in it for people who just do not want to work. Yes, the fully capable putz that IS just lazy. I figure let them live a life of subsistence only and allow those that rise above that mark to flourish without punitive taxation.

I loathe the idea of taxing the shit out of the rich just because they have more money than everyone else. Adrian has it right, they already pay more even though they pay the same percentage.

Rhizo
Healthcare should be free, it should be state controlled. Just as police or any other public service. Becuase that's what it is. A public service. Privatizing healthcare, letting companies run hospitals will making money be the number one issue. Not helping and curing people.

I think that what we in Sweden have which is called Richman taxes is good. They have slightly higher taxes, which is good. That money can help to contribute the society.

If you have like 200 million do I not think if you care if you earn one milion less or whatever. That type of society which uses welfare can I say have been succesfull here in Sweden. Not perfect, but it was made Sweden to go from a poor country to one of the richest in the world. But also Denmark who also used welfare. Norway have not done that so much and that's why they have a big gap between rich and poor, which aren't seen here in my country. Which is almost classfree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_welfare Can read about swedish welfare here.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Dry land fish, I have a feeling thay maybe you aren't what you say you are. I mean, You pour out such poison that makes me wonder whether you are merely playing " devil's advocate " to wind us all up or maybe you represent some ultra right-wing grouping?
Or is all of the stuff really your opinions?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(August 21, 2009 at 11:20 pm)binny Wrote: EvF I know it feels good to vent, but you're venting on deaf ears (or eyes). She only hears and reads what she wants to to serve her own purpose. Naive she is and I'm sure she's under 25, no offense to the rational people here that are under 25.

Lol. Well no offense taken - I'm 21 next month, lol.

I'm not 'venting', this is not a 'feel good' thing. I feel good anyway. I'm responding because I disagree with her and I want to respond. I do this with everyone...

...because I canBig Grin It's no trouble for me, I fucking love it here.

EvF
(August 22, 2009 at 2:29 pm)EvidenceVsDelusion Wrote: Lol. Well no offense taken - I'm 21 next month, lol.

I'm not 'venting', this is not a 'feel good' thing. I feel good anyway. I'm responding because I disagree with her and I want to respond. I do this with everyone...

...because I canBig Grin It's no trouble for me, I fucking love it here.

EvF

LOL ,my oldest son is 21. Damn I'm old.

Sorry for the venting mistake. I feel bad for being hard on dlf, sorry dlf. If she were to word her responses differently, like some else said, that might make a difference. People that seem too closed minded in their thinking and voice loudly get under my skin and I sometimes can't help myself. I guess I'm a passionate person.

P.S. I fucking love it here tooBig Grin
binnyCoffee
(August 21, 2009 at 8:57 am)dry land fish Wrote: There are people who don't want to work to pay for your healthcare. If you want it then you work for it yourself. I'm not going to feel sorry for you or your kids if you don't have any health plans that help you pay for your care. I can't believe people expect to get medical treatment for free. Nothing is free!! Stop looking for a handout.

You do realise don't you that we all DO pay for our healthcare ... I pay something like 9% of my salary into health care. I am also entitled to corporate private health coverage but I believe in the NHS and what it stands for (at least used to stand for) so much that I have refused it! I strongly believe in the caring welfare state ... I think it's been taken too far in some instances but the principles of it are a good thing.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
KYU.. I couldn't agree more....
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
(August 22, 2009 at 1:58 pm)bozo Wrote: Dry land fish, I have a feeling thay maybe you aren't what you say you are. I mean, You pour out such poison that makes me wonder whether you are merely playing " devil's advocate " to wind us all up or maybe you represent some ultra right-wing grouping?
Or is all of the stuff really your opinions?

I'm beginning to think the same thing,preferring not to believe an adult could really be quite that naive and ignorant. Troll?

Perhaps THAT'S my problem. Simple stupidity and ignorance can be irritating.But willful ignorance is really annoying, especially when it's some spoiled bourgeois princess with the sensitivity of a house plant and the intellectual depth of a petrie dish.

PS: What's a 3.75 average? Is that supposed to mean smart? In my experience,really smart people have no need to boast about their intelligence. There are people on this forum of whose intellect I'm in awe,yet I can't remember any of them boasting .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists and health GGG 26 2425 February 12, 2021 at 10:49 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Belief in God can improve mental health outcomes. Mystic 19 6555 May 5, 2013 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  Why Atheists Care About YOUR Religion!!! Gooders1002 32 10337 November 18, 2012 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: festive1
  Creationist books in uni Gooders1002 17 5908 March 14, 2012 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger