Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 5:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The land of the free. Fact or meaningless rhetoric?
RE: The land of the free. Fact or meaningless rhetoric?
(May 18, 2012 at 2:25 pm)liam Wrote: having multitudes of people together in a country with different languages and cultures you say? in a single country you say? this has never occured before...except in most countries in the modern world.
Which one, say?
I know only a few. Belgium, Russia and China. The US seems to have bent on actually eliminating the differences in terms of culture, as none of the current inhabitants are really the original inhabitants, it's easy to leave their original culture behind.
The rest are mostly nation states.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
lets go through the present ones:
-Britain (despite minority opposition we are very multicultural)
- The USA (new york alone has over 100 spoken languages implying at least 100 cultures & nationalities) probably mostly the north though
- Spain
- France
- Germany
- India
- Denmark
- the netherlands
- most other european countries
- China
- Japan
- Australia
- Russia
- most other democratic or liberal countries in the world

even in the past you look at places like iraq, now a closed, broken-down country, and in the 11-12th century it was an open society. Ancient greece was open to those with whom it was not at war and the city states were generally progressive places. there are more examples and im sure others have greater knowledge on historic kingdoms than I but those are just some
(May 18, 2012 at 4:21 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(May 17, 2012 at 10:45 pm)Aegrus Wrote: It's worked out better for America than whatever Turkey's doing.

They come together willingly and to earn money. Nothing else keeps these people together.

. . . of course they come willingly. Were you expecting them to be forced? And as for only coming to earn money- how the hell do you know? That's a massive and incorrect over-generalization. I've spoken with exchange students and a couple of Mexican immigrants who love the suburbs, enjoy the food (because we have such a wide selection), and think the other people they meet are very friendly. Religion keeps some of them together (not that I'm happy about that), friendships across cultures and inter-racial romances unite people as well. And of course, many of the third world immigrants enjoy greater freedoms (though we have fewer freedoms than many of our first-world immigrants are used to.)
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
Free if you have the money.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Voting living in no man's land. Brian37 4 713 November 5, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  The Turd Doesn't Fall Far From The Asshole in WLB Land Minimalist 0 1071 June 2, 2017 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I still call "Arnhem Land" home! ignoramus 7 1388 January 24, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  A really weird GOP presidential fact too long to describe in the title. Ryantology 4 1206 April 24, 2016 at 7:51 pm
  I'm leaving Ron Paul land Videodrome 28 3636 February 12, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Conservapedia Fact Check Shining_Finger 33 4814 September 14, 2015 at 3:45 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The end of free speech and free protest in the UK Gooders1002 3 1473 January 31, 2014 at 1:43 pm
  George Zimmerman continues to flaunt the fact that he got away with murder Ryantology 28 5511 November 20, 2013 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  The Land Of The Free..... Minimalist 10 2867 May 18, 2013 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
  The Holy Land in Pictures A_Nony_Mouse 24 14957 May 8, 2013 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse