Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 24, 2024, 6:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Our Password Policy
RE: Changing Our Password Policy
Logical apart from all the points I made showing how stupid and pointless it is, for which there was no answer, yes.
(July 21, 2012 at 6:45 pm)ElDinero Wrote: Logical apart from all the points I made showing how stupid and pointless it is, for which there was no answer, yes.
I already answered you. Area 69 is only one of the reasons why we are increasing security. Having easily crackable passwords is always a bad thing...always.
Tiberius should be applauded for allowing members' opinions to count for so much here. In fact, one of the hardest things about being a staff member at AF is that so many of our staff guidelines are wiggly to accommodate member opinions and personalities. He does a lot so that you all have a place to hang out online. He also does a lot to support your right to behave like babies. Instead of pissing on him when he makes the site more secure for you all, you should thank him. Now, those who are not complaining do thank him often for what he does for us. The rest of you don't and that is a damn shame. As a person and not a staff member, I would like to say fuck you to everyone who tried to make him feel bad about this and I mean every single one of you who were rude to him about it or even just tried to make him back down just because you didn't like it. It is a goddamn password. Write it down. Save it on a pass manager. Tattoo it on your fucking forehead. No matter how you remember it, it will take much less effort than it has taken him to give you a place to input that fucking password, so shut up. Go ahead and piss on me about it. I know I am an asshole and I voted for him to implement the change. Might as well piss on the rest of the staff too. We all agreed.
Passphrases are meant to take some part of your life and make a mneumonic out of it.

I work with actionscript often.

One passphrase:
"for(--index;index < uint.MAX_VALUE;index--)" is a common loop construct I encounter every day on the job.*
*not my password
What if you like physics?
"E=mc^2 relates energy to mass"

Bible?
"Timothy 2:12 is shit."

Meta-passwords:
"The fuckin' password: oldpassword" (did I just blow you collective minds? Passphrases allow you to do anything)
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Shell you're an asshole!

Seems like a major gift to the forums implementing the change. I think we need a publicity machine. We should sell it: "now protected with strong password so your online presence won't be compromised here, as it is around most of the rest of the web! Another first from your amazing favourite forum."
Take your flame baiting somewhere else.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I know I'm an asshole, Frods. Tiberius is not. I rest my case.
(July 21, 2012 at 6:55 pm)Shell B Wrote: Tiberius should be applauded for allowing members' opinions to count for so much here. In fact, one of the hardest things about being a staff member at AF is that so many of our staff guidelines are wiggly to accommodate member opinions and personalities. He does a lot so that you all have a place to hang out online. He also does a lot to support your right to behave like babies. Instead of pissing on him when he makes the site more secure for you all, you should thank him. Now, those who are not complaining do thank him often for what he does for us. The rest of you don't and that is a damn shame. As a person and not a staff member, I would like to say fuck you to everyone who tried to make him feel bad about this and I mean every single one of you who were rude to him about it or even just tried to make him back down just because you didn't like it. It is a goddamn password. Write it down. Save it on a pass manager. Tattoo it on your fucking forehead. No matter how you remember it, it will take much less effort than it has taken him to give you a place to input that fucking password, so shut up. Go ahead and piss on me about it. I know I am an asshole and I voted for him to implement the change. Might as well piss on the rest of the staff too. We all agreed.

Haha, what a ludicrous response. Is disagreeing with a decision, explaining why and pointing out how these security measures could be easily contravened anyway, pissing on someone? Does doing that warrant you giving me the 'fuck you'?

Reminds me of when two guys are having a disagreement in town and one of them has a mouthy, overzealous girlfriend who is massively overreacting and screaming at the other bloke, exacerbating the situation.
(July 21, 2012 at 7:08 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Take your flame baiting somewhere else.

0.o Big Grin

Asshole
(July 21, 2012 at 7:11 pm)ElDinero Wrote: Reminds me of when two guys are having a disagreement in town and one of them has a mouthy, overzealous girlfriend who is massively overreacting and screaming at the other bloke, exacerbating the situation.

How sad for you to resort to such vile cloacked accusations... You said you were going to bed.

At least I called you a child head on, something you avoid, going for the sneaky shitty argument. Great.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Privacy Policy Update Tiberius 1 1011 October 8, 2017 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Silver
  Introduction subforum rules and enforcement policy - you need to read this. Jackalope 21 7531 May 1, 2014 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope