Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 1:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proving God Existence
RE: Proving God Existence
(June 9, 2013 at 4:27 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote:
(June 5, 2013 at 11:56 am)pocaracas Wrote: Don't forget the awesome opportunity to have multiple gods, each with it's own pet universe...
Or multiple gods, each with lots of pet universes.
Non-overlapping universes.... overlapping universes... this could become fun...
Think of it as children playing:
- You can have one playing with LEGO (one god, one universe)
- One kid playing with transformers and hot wheels (one god, two universes)
- multiple kids playing with LEGOs, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Hot Wheels, and a few girls with their barbies and other baby dolls. Each kid in their corner with their toy.
- Or the same as above, but all kids playing together in an awesome toy brawl! Or just a few groups of kids playing together, while other kids play by themselves.

Ah... the possibilities are virtually limitless... and we, as a member of this particular universe, are unable to determine which is the real situation.... if any. We can't measure anything beyond our universe, last I checked...
All these options are refuted in the proof
The only possible option (which I cannot prove) is to have one supreme God with some others below him but in this case they will be created by him,i.e. the only possible option is to have one (not created) God
LOL, no.

Your proof takes the start of the big bang and the initial event... so it assumes that there is only one universe to begin with.
The possibility of multiple Universes ends your proof right at step 1.
(June 9, 2013 at 7:07 am)pocaracas Wrote: Your proof takes the start of the big bang and the initial event... so it assumes that there is only one universe to begin with.
Sorry, you are wrong
My proof talks about first event (any event) it doesn't matter if there are 100 or million universes

One of them must be the start and creating it must be the first event from a single unique God.
(June 9, 2013 at 7:15 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote:
(June 9, 2013 at 7:07 am)pocaracas Wrote: Your proof takes the start of the big bang and the initial event... so it assumes that there is only one universe to begin with.
Sorry, you are wrong
My proof talks about first event (any event) it doesn't matter if there are 100 or million universes

One of them must be the start and creating it must be the first event from a single unique God.
lol, first event of our Universe I can buy that....
First event of whatever there is besides our universe... that... you can't claim anything about it. So your proof dies at step 1, again.
(June 9, 2013 at 7:15 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: One of them must be the start and creating it must be the first event from a single unique God.

If God doesn't need a start, then you are allowing it to be said that something may exist which doesn't need a start. If things may exist which do not need a start, then why add a new piece to an already broken puzzle? Why not just believe that the universe has always existed?

You are saying "X is impossible. God achieves X." Therefore, X is not impossible, and the rest of your argument is meaningless. I might just as well say, "This sentence is false. . . thanks to God."
Quote:All these options are refuted in the proof
The only possible option (which I cannot prove) is to have one supreme God with some others below him but in this case they will be created by him,i.e. the only possible option is to have one (not created) God

So then it is possible for god to have been created by another god who he doesn't know about?

Quote:But to say that God himself is inside time, this will imply that some events happens within himself (i.e. for us it is our heart beating or blood flow or signals in our nerves)
For God this will be impossible as it require a first event as well (i.e. created) which is impossible.

Does this mean god had no conscious flow of thought before the big bang? If so then how did he decide to start the big bang if events such as thoughts within him are impossible before the first event?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

This thread has evolved from Proving God Existence to Proving Muslim Scholar Logic is wrong .

Devil
(June 9, 2013 at 12:21 pm)little_monkey Wrote: This thread has evolved from Proving God Existence to Proving Muslim Scholar Logic is wrong .

Devil

It's going rather well? Dunno
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
He/She/It logic keeps morphing to encompass the fallacy of the so called logic evidence.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Forum is still trying to determine if MS is legit or just a very good troll? Dunno
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(June 10, 2013 at 1:32 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Forum is still trying to determine if MS is legit or just a very good troll? Dunno

Poe's Law, it really doesn't matter at this point.
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving the Existence of a First Cause Muhammad Rizvi 3 824 June 23, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The existence of God smithd 314 22837 November 23, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Proving What We Already "Know" bennyboy 171 18256 July 30, 2022 at 1:40 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 1938 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 6834 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Best arguments for or against God's existence mcc1789 22 3122 May 22, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 8511 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 14380 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Berkeley's argument for the existence of God FlatAssembler 130 14663 April 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Arguments for God's Existence from Contingency datc 386 44362 December 1, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist