Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 5:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where on the political spectrum do you fall?
RE: Where on the political spectrum do you fall?
The funny thing is that when I was religious I was pretty conservative. But since becoming atheist my political leanings have become moderate/liberal. I consider myself libertarian because I believe that it's every person's right to live how he or she wants as long as it's not harmful to others and government should be limited to just large enough necessary to provide for the general welfare and well-being of the citizens. I suppose I part with most Libertarians because I actually support limited social assistance, and am in favor of free (or at least reasonably affordable) health care.

Like DeistPaladin pointed out, I'm sure this makes me an extreme left-wing ultra-liberal hippie type according to the Fox News viewers who make up the part of the country I live in.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
It depends. Socially liberal, don't fuck the working class and working poor. But certainly less government COULD in theory work with the self introspection of big business, which it is not currently. But I am not for outlawing all private business ownership, just our pay gap and big business abuse that has created that gap.
I advocate single-payer healthcare and 100% government-subsidized education, from kindergarten all the way up through post-graduate university level. If a nation wishes to invest in its own future, it should place the highest priority on making sure all of its citizens are healthy and highly-educated.
Libertarian. Individualist. Supporter of a wide range of civil liberties and the free market.
(June 10, 2013 at 4:49 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Libertarian. Individualist. Supporter of a wide range of civil liberties and the free market.

Free market yes, free for all market perpetrated by corporate bullies, no. I don't want to see us compete with India and China for their slave wages and no workers rights.
I don't know where I fall, but I know you are all a bunch of no-good pinko-commies.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(June 10, 2013 at 7:39 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I don't know where I fall, but I know you are all a bunch of no-good pinko-commies.

Joe McCarthy, is that you?
(June 10, 2013 at 9:37 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(June 10, 2013 at 7:39 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I don't know where I fall, but I know you are all a bunch of no-good pinko-commies.

Joe McCarthy, is that you?

I have secret papers that show at least 58 members on here are members of the communist party!! [/joke]
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Libertarian, because obviously I'm a sad, selfish, basement dwelling, Koch-sucking, randroidian numpty* who cares only about himself and would like for every government to dissolve into anarchy, whereupon I, due to being the totally and undeniably awesome (and intelligent) individual that I am, will not only do quite well, but come to rule, mwuhoohahahahaha.

erm, I mean cause I support freedom

*not to mention nazi as I've had pointed out to me here.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Compass:

You are a left social libertarian.
Left: 7.49, Libertarian: 6.33

http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politic...-quiz.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Those Political Memes Silver 962 90555 September 27, 2024 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Political Zoo Silver 7 1260 December 10, 2023 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  When is political violence justified? FrustratedFool 54 4203 September 8, 2023 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1064 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Does Social Issues matter when deciding your political affiliation? T.J. 48 4241 April 21, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are you Anti-Political? Disagreeable 52 3386 April 7, 2022 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Oracle
  political strategy Hillbillyatheist 23 2485 January 12, 2022 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  That Political Scene Silver 4 816 September 27, 2021 at 6:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 8355 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 712 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye