Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:55 pm

Poll: Are you anti-political, A political, or political? Etc.
This poll is closed.
I am anti-political. Fuck politics!
27.78%
5 27.78%
I am pro-politics in general. Even if we didn't have democracy we should still care about politics.
11.11%
2 11.11%
I'm pro democracy but fuck other forms of politics.
22.22%
4 22.22%
I'm pro the specific party or politician I support. Fuck everybody and everything else.
22.22%
4 22.22%
I'm in favor of some other form of politics. Be it Meritocracy, Theocracy, Aristocracy, Communism, Anarchy, etc, etc. Please specify.
11.11%
2 11.11%
Other. Please explain.
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you Anti-Political?
Are you Anti-Political?
I'm anti-political as well as unsocial. Ultimately, I'm anti tribal.

Are you pro-politics in general? Pro-democracy but otherwise against politics? Are you apathetic about politics? Are you pro some other form of politics? (Meritocracy, Aristocracy, Monarchy, Communism, etc, etc)?

How much do you care about politics and in which direction?

Are you, perhaps, some combination of the above depending on your mood, or whatever?

I have attached a poll.

In practice I vote and support the green party (which is why I picked two options). But in principle that's just a desperate measures and futile, I don't care about it much and I generally consider myself anti-political. This is the best we can do, but it's still a bunch of shit. I'd love everybody to get on board with actually giving a shit about the environment and the planet and being left-wing and lenient and compassionate but it's never going to fucking happen. So my principles are out of sync with society. Not out of sync with reality, but with society. Because society is completely out of touch with reality! People are stupid.
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Epicurus Wrote:The greatest reward of righteousness is peace of mind.

Epicurus Wrote:Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get,

What is terrible is easy to endure
RE: Are you Anti-Political?
I'm a political junkie. When I was younger I was apolitical. The 2018 election changed me.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
These are not mutually exclusive options.

Also it is unclear what “anti-political” means.   One could no more operate in a society and object to the concept of and strategy in public affairs than one could live on earth and object to its gravity.
I distrust ALL politicians, if one told me it was raining I would go outside to check!
They never look past the next election
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I mashed the antipolitical button. I don't vote beyond the county...and only in county because I'm on a board. I dont think that only one political persuasion can offer solutions to practical issues - and I'm needled in on those issues.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 2, 2022 at 12:03 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: I mashed the antipolitical button.  I don't vote beyond the county...and only in county because I'm on a board.  I dont think that only one political persuasion can offer solutions to practical issues - and I'm needled in on those issues.

By ‘on a board’, do you mean a political board (either elected or appointed)? If so, I can’t see how you can be anti-political.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Agricultural board. No one gives a shit where or from whom some idea arises. Only whether or not it pays the mortgage and then some. I got the spot due to a long history of not giving a single shit about ideology. I want to see the roi down to the square foot.

(appointed, if it matters)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 2, 2022 at 12:16 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Agricultural board.  No one gives a shit where or from whom some idea arises.  Only whether or not it pays the mortgage and then some.  I got the spot due to a long history of not giving a single shit about ideology.  I want to see the roi down to the square foot.

(appointed, if it matters)

If it’s a political job, then it matters.

I think the poll questions pretty badly confuse party politics with politics writ large.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
As an example. We've been dealing with having more rain, but less available water when we need it. There's the potential for politics in that - but engaging in politics over it doesn't make those two numbers reach parity. A state law signed by democrats made it illegal to trap that water in any commercially meaningful way - and a state law signed by republicans made it illegal to sell produce that's been grown with that water (to people). Both laws were premised on a public health concern. We formed an exploratory council, fundraised for it, spent a year collecting data, and sent that data to our extension contact and to frankfort - and the result was an exemption for our watershed.
Theocratic communism is the way to go. Capitalism sucks.
"Imagination, life is your creation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Those Political Memes Foxaèr 827 61087 April 21, 2024 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Political Zoo Foxaèr 7 859 December 10, 2023 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  When is political violence justified? FrustratedFool 54 3021 September 8, 2023 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4783 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 867 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Does Social Issues matter when deciding your political affiliation? T.J. 48 3057 April 21, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  political strategy Hillbillyatheist 23 1992 January 12, 2022 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  That Political Scene Foxaèr 4 682 September 27, 2021 at 6:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6975 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1839 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger