Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 3:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmerman verdict: Not Guilty.
RE: Zimmerman verdict: Not Guilty.
(July 14, 2013 at 6:23 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: When I am followed at night by a guy who does not stop following me when I clearly tell him to stop following me or explain himself.

Sure. Why not.
So a case by case basis. Good, that's how it should work. In the scenario you described, I'd say the one being followed had reasonable suspicion to believe he would be harmed/wronged and so attacking could be considered defending oneself. Perfectly fine to do so.

I'm just not convinced that's how the Zimmerman case played out.
(July 14, 2013 at 6:26 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote: I'm just not convinced that's how the Zimmerman case played out.

How ever it played out. Zimmerman should have been aware of the consequences which loomed when he followed a unknown person in the middle of the night.

Believing this person to be up to no good, on the basis that that person was black, only makes it worse.

The only thing reveiled through this case was how he/ or american society is still racist and dumbfuck fucking stupid enought to believe that they/he are entitled to play police.
(July 14, 2013 at 6:32 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: How ever it played out. Zimmerman should have been aware of the consequences which loomed when he followed a unknown person in the middle of the night.
What consequences? lol

(July 14, 2013 at 6:32 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: The only thing reveiled through this case was how he/ or american society is still racist and dumbfuck fucking stupid enought to believe that they/he are entitled to play police.
yeah sure bro im all for hating rednecks too fuck americans.
(July 14, 2013 at 6:19 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote:
(July 14, 2013 at 6:17 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: This obsession with who struck first is irrelevant.

If I feel stalked and threatend I will certainly strike first before risking that I am struck myself.
If you feel threatened and strike first, should you be protected by the law on the basis that you felt threatened, in every case? Anyone can get off the hook for 'anything' because they feel threatened? That's fair, yeah.

Absolutely, if you have legitimate reason to suspect that you were being followed by someone who intended harm. Trayvon was being stalked by a man who made no effort to identify himself or his intentions and, as it turned out, was carrying a loaded weapon. Good enough for me.

Did Trayvon have a deadly weapon on his person? Was a big ol bro like Zim utterly helpless and in fear for his life against a boy barely half his age armed only with his fists? Was Zim's only recourse to pull out the gun and fire it, instead of simply using it to persuade Trayvon to back off?

It's hard to suggest Trayvon got 'off the hook' when he's, yunno, dead.
(July 14, 2013 at 6:33 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote: What consequences? lol

what do you mean "what consequences"????

At first you state that you understand how someone who is stalked would react defensive and then you behave as if that was not the natural resulting consequence from such behavior????

If your preexisting condition of being a bullying piece of sadist scum is kicking in and you are trying to annoy someone, then go and find someone else!

Quote:yeah sure bro im all for hating rednecks too fuck americans.

absolutly not what I wote.
(July 14, 2013 at 6:37 pm)Ryantology Wrote: It's hard to suggest Trayvon got 'off the hook' when he's, yunno, dead.
Right, because he didn't get off the hook, as it should be.

Quote:Absolutely, if you have legitimate reason to suspect that you were being followed by someone who intended harm.
I agree with this.

(July 14, 2013 at 6:38 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: what do you mean "what consequences"????
is zimmerman behind bars bro??

what consequences bra?
Yay, we're at the intellectual paralysis portion of this 'debate...' I was wondering when this would happen.
Oh, please. It was there from the start when all you crybabies were calling for the murder of poor ole' Zimmerman like this was the middle ages or something. Bro, do you even think?
(July 13, 2013 at 10:50 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(July 13, 2013 at 10:43 pm)TaraJo Wrote: So, white guy kills an unarmed black kid and it's ok, right? You don't think it was an injustice? How about this one:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-5743...ing-shots/

White person: Kills an unarmed black kid and he's not guilty
Black person: Fires a warning shot to defend herself against a threatening partner and gets 20 years

Same state, too.
Quote:White person: Kills an unarmed black kid and he's not guilty
...George Zimmerman is also half Hispanic....but you guys on the left want so much to lynch just the white half as echoed by the New York Times last year...is that it?

Are you sure you want to compare the number of lynchings of white people to the number of lynchings of black people? Oh my. Perhaps you should rephrase that statement. I'm also at a loss as to how this is a right versus left issue. I would hope that ANY thinking person would be opposed to injustice, regardless of political persuasion.

(July 13, 2013 at 11:09 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(July 13, 2013 at 10:53 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: The way racial categories work, you can be white and Hispanic at the same time, even without being mixed. He's a white Hispanic, so it's accurate to say that he's white.
hmmmm...Barack Obama is also half white...By your reasoning then, the way racial categories work as you say, Barack Obama is a white Negro. So I guess it would also be accurate to say that Obama is white....is that how it works?

Hispanic is an ethnic category, not a racial category.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(July 14, 2013 at 6:47 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote: all you crybabies

Careful, Gil, you might betray your sockpuppet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, George Zimmerman and the burden of proof là bạn điên 89 18875 February 17, 2014 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: là bạn điên
  Is Obama guilty of war crimes? Manowar 127 24656 January 16, 2014 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: paintpooper
  Zimmerman's Girlfriend Asks Judge To Drop Charges A Theist 6 2173 December 10, 2013 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  George Zimmerman continues to flaunt the fact that he got away with murder Ryantology 28 5297 November 20, 2013 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  George Zimmerman: Weak Prosecution wolf39us 15 4036 July 8, 2013 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Arizona's Sheriff Shitstain Guilty of Racial Profiling Minimalist 7 2776 May 24, 2013 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Martin and Zimmerman - A reasoned logical discussion Puddleglum 27 11096 September 12, 2012 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Puddleglum
  Perhaps Zimmerman Wasn't So Bad Minimalist 18 6018 April 4, 2012 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: mediamogul
  Societal Scapegoat or Guilty as Charged? Cinjin 31 6655 August 22, 2011 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Ace Otana