Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 11:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theories about Jesus?
RE: Theories about Jesus?
Ah, Tacitus, Josephus and Pliny the Younger. You are aware that these sources have been discussed here ad nauseum, yes? We've hardly not looked for it.
And then the dickhead trots out Tacitus, Pliny, and the forged Josephus.

Good grief, Ronny. You redefine stupid with every breath you take.

You stick with jesus. Its all you can handle. Go pray or light a candle...or buttfuck an altar boy if you like.
(August 28, 2013 at 6:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And then the dickhead trots out Tacitus, Pliny, and the forged Josephus.

You stick with jesus. Its all you can handle. Go pray or light a candle...or buttfuck an altar boy if you like.

I'm going to hold my temper, as I promised the civil atheists here!

But, unless you have credible ways to disprove the evidence sitdown!
Quis ut Deus?
(August 28, 2013 at 6:39 pm)ronedee Wrote:
(August 28, 2013 at 6:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And then the dickhead trots out Tacitus, Pliny, and the forged Josephus.

Respect your elder, and in this case, better and superior.

Trust me, Min may not be much, butr he is still far, far better than your pope.
(August 28, 2013 at 6:23 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Ah, Tacitus, Josephus and Pliny the Younger. You are aware that these sources have been discussed here ad nauseum, yes? We've hardly not looked for it.

I was in some discussions, yes!

But, there are also others that I listed by pagan sources!

(August 28, 2013 at 6:41 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(August 28, 2013 at 6:39 pm)ronedee Wrote: I'm going to hold my temper, as I promised the civil atheists here!

Respect your elder, and in this case, better and superior.

Trust me, Min may not be much, butr he is still far, far better than your pope.

seriously? the pope... a priest nun....but the pope?ROFLOL
Quis ut Deus?
(August 28, 2013 at 6:39 pm)ronedee Wrote:

I don't give a flying fuck what you do. Just go easy on the altar boys. They've suffered enough from your pervert priests.

BTW, Tactius - probably a much later forgery but irrelevant in this instance - nor Pliny mention anyone named "jesus." They mention christos which, as had been mentioned ad nauseam, only means "the anointed one." Both Pliny and Tacitus were dead by 120 and it seems that the jesus story post dates them.

As for Josephus: Bishop Warburton in the 18th century noted.

Quote: “This [the Josephus] account of Eusebius is a rank forgery, and a very stupid one, too.”
Ronny, these have been discussed ad naseum, and all has been refuted on this very website. You are wasting your time with these arguments.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Its better for him than praying his fucking rosary, though.
(August 28, 2013 at 6:53 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: Ronny, these have been discussed ad naseum, and all has been refuted on this very website. You are wasting your time with these arguments.

Yeah, I got it loud and clear!
Quis ut Deus?
I got asked this question today: if the Psalms were written a thousand years before Jesus came, how is it possible they described Jesus?

Does anyone know if there's non Biblical proof for a Jesus being born? Much less his life and death?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7392 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7487 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist