Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 1:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lingvogeometry
RE: Lingvogeometry
It's so perfect, though. Base your beliefs on something as common as 'a curved shape' and signs of god are pretty much everywhere.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(September 24, 2013 at 2:24 pm)Monolens Wrote:

I see you are a scholar of the Monty Python School of logic...

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
Major difference is the Pythons' logic, like the arse of the duck they discuss, is watertight.

Hang on - python = snake = crescent?

And just look at the shape of Connie Booth's false nose...

Is it also a coincidence that at the time she was Mrs John Cleese (J C)? Making her, in law, Connie Cleese - C C! And both those letters are the shape of the Moon!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 2, 2013 at 6:55 am)Stimbo Wrote: Major difference is the Pythons' logic, like the arse of the duck they discuss, is watertight.

Hang on - python = snake = crescent?

And just look at the shape of Connie Booth's false nose...

Is it also a coincidence that at the time she was Mrs John Cleese (J C)? Making her, in law, Connie Cleese - C C! And both those letters are the shape of the Moon!

By jingo, I think you've cracked it!

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
Using the letter C on everyday basis, nobody really knows why this letter is having such shape.

Moon theory simply explains this issue.

But one of the ancient sects in the world freemasons very well know about real power of this shape and count another moon-shaped letter G as its symbol.
[Image: mason.jpg]

Take a look on other symbols, both angles. Then think why they like this shape so much.

Also Vatican's main authority name is Holy See. That is Holy C for sure.
Is that you dennis?
(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Strength. Might. Power. Force. Potency. Those are the concepts by which these synonyms are related. There is not relation to the sky - much less moon. A bull is one of the strongest domesticated animals. And that's why the bull is used as a metaphor for strong or mighty.
Ok. But why you do not explain "air"? It is also the translation of given word.
Also given synonyms can be related to any god. As god is strong, mighty, powerful, forced. So god is the bull? According to Vedas it is so. Why you even don't try to understand this simple concept?

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Of course there is a harvest season. The Sinhalese new year starts with a harvest season.
You are correct. But it is not the harvest of crop. They start new year from celebration of harvest of cinnamon. And this time no significant weather change occurs.
Mostly all fruits grow there all year long. Cinnamon harvest to special date is also tradition nether season related happening. Cinnamon's bark can be taken any day of year with same quality and state.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: I do accept the evidence - that both sun and moon are common motifs in Srilankan traditional art. The sun is depicted with a face on it and the moon with a rabbit on it. If you recall, I've never actually denied the recurrence of the moon-rabbit motif. I just said that it has nothing to do with Easter. Also depicting sun with a face and moon with a rabbit doesn't mean they regard moon as a god.
It is ok that you accept the moon rabbit. This motif is really common for all human civilizations and cultures. And I think you understand that putting this symbol onto national flags and coins indicates that it meant much more for those people than only the rabbit which they saw on the moon.
It is same as to put the hammer and sickle on the flag of Soviet Union without any meaning. Usually flag have symbols that are very important to people. Can you explain why rabbit is so important for Ceylonians?

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: And denied. There is no moon nature of the elephant.
Look closer to the story of Ganesh and you will quickly find many moon connections.
1. The Ganesha Purana prescribes a tilaka mark as well as a crescent moon on the forehead.
2. A distinct form of Ganesha called Bhalachandra (IAST: bhālacandra; "Moon on the Forehead") includes that iconographic element.
Even the story of Ganesh broken tusk is straightly connected to the moon:
Ganesh was very annoyed, and thought that jeer had offended him. Resentful, he removed his right tusk and threw it to the moon face.
Moon is one of the main motifs of elephants costume on Hindu festivals.
[Image: elephant_moon.png]
By the way do you know the Karan story about the white elephant? It is said that one unusual white elephant forced full army to step back.
There is no white elephant in nature. So we have to understand it as allegory. Since Islam is moon religion most possible that this allegory is dedicated to its main deity. What do you think about it?

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Actually, the lion's face is closer to the sun than the moon. As evidenced by its prominent yellow colored mane representing the rays of sunlight. Also, there is too little phonetic similarity between luna, lev, alpha and elephant to mean anything.
At least you don’t deny little similarity. I can add LePorid (rabbit) to LeV, aLFa, eLePHant to have full picture.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: All you've shown is that the sun, moon and stars motif is very common. Proving that they worshiped moon as one true god is a whole other deal.
I don’t say that they worshiped moon only. But if you read modern ideas about world religions you will find that most authors claim the sun to be only one god’s association and the moon only muslim stuff. I disagree with that and as you see have enough arguments for thinking this way.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Bowing down symbolizes submission - not the crescent. It is a symbol of accepting that you are lower than the person you are bowing down to. Which is a common feature in all religions and which is why the practice is so prevalent. No crescents or moons involved anywhere.
As for divine symbolism, once again, sun, moon and stars are very common symbols associated with any religious art. That does not signify moon-worship.
Think about the word “mass” in terms of action of worship. Don’t you see MSS is also here?
I agree that bowing down is a sign of accepting of somebody’s power and its prevalent to many religions. But why bowing down? Why not jumping or splitting? Every action has a reason. Especially so common MaNner.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Its etymology also indicated a full circular closure.
Ok. The circle is second basic moon characteristic. In many cases historical scientists are studying archeological findings and is something circular found they count that people were having sun religion. Somehow they forget that the moon can be also characterized by this shape. I’m more than sure that suns on Srilankan symbols are fullmoons originally. As they celebrate every fullmoon day and connect it with Buddha, but not celebrate Sundays Smile

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Actually, the most famous gods in Rigveda are Agni (fire) and Indra (Rain-giver). They are the ones that feature most prominently in most of the Mandalas. Soma - the moon god - features only in one mandala. Rigveda deifies everything. Moon being one of the deities is nothing special.
Indra and Soma are avatars. It is easy to understand while reading the text. Same epithets are used for both gods and in several cases combined names are used: Indra-Soma (VII, 104)
Same to Soma-Rudra (VI, 74).
Hope you agree that Soma is moon god. So you can see one more evidence that bull was connected with moon by ancients as bull is also one of Rudra’s (Soma’s) epithet:
[Image: rudra_moon.png]

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Because they are not associated with the moon. The only actual association here is between Rudra and Soma - both of whom are mentioned together in Rigveda. Which is why Rudra is often pictured with a moon in his hair.
Shiva is the same entity as Rudra.
So Rudra, Shiva, Soma and Indra are same moon god. That’s what I say. How to call the religion non moon oriented if mostly all its gods are lunar deities?

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Krishna doesn't have a crescent on his head - he has a peacock feather. And he is depicted with cows because he was raised as a cowherd. Nothing to do with moon.
Krishna is called Krishnachandra in many cases (Chandra means moon). He is connected to moon as he was appeared during Moon dynasty. His name is also GOWinda (COWinda)
His name is KRiSHna (CReSCent) means black. This is moon allegory. Moon is becoming black every month.
His animal is cow. And he plays on pipe which symbolizes horn.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Vishnu, once again, has no connection to the moon and does not have crescents in his hand or head.
Vishnu is avatar of Krishna. So it has same characteristics. You can see that on coin of 200 year BC he is pictured with both crescent and horns.
[Image: vishnu_moon_coin.png]

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Laksmi is not a moon goddess. She is the goddess of wealth, health and good fortune. Again, no connection to the moon.

Main symbols of Lakshmi is MONey (silver circles). And her tits as tits have shape that was connected by ancients with crescent moon shape. And milk from tits was connected with milk of cow which is moon allegory. You can find another moon allegories if you check Lakshmi’s symbols. Bow, coconut, wheel, lotus etc.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Kali is identified as goddess of time or death and none of her weapons refer to the moon.
None refer traditionally. But just look at the shapes of her symbols. Bow, cup, tongue, shield, scull
Kali translated as black as in case of Krishna. She is also moon allegory.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: That's not a Hindu head-dress. Sorry, but Hindus don't put moon on their heads and would laugh at the suggestion that they do. .
Sure this is muslim hat. But Hindus have same. I told you before, it matters what you see and not what you are looking at. If you look at this kind of head you see crescent shape.
Hindus will not laugh if somebody understands their hardest secret. This hats help them to look important and this is a part of NLP story which I have told you before.
[Image: osho.png]
(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: That's interesting. Apparently all migratory bird fly in the wedge pattern. Birds like pelicans, ducks, geese and so on. So there should be no reason to single out the cranes.
Yes, this is why not only this kind of bird is divine.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: And yet, the Eagle has nothing to do with the moon. Let that sink in. The holy bird of Roman Empire has no connection to the moon.
By the way, none of the given pictures show either a peacock or a crescent. That's your standard rooster weather-vane top.
Sorry, my mistake. Of course peacock is not cock.
Rooster is used for weather needs only now. Originally it was placed on temples as a symbol of god. Its shape is crescent like.
In Russian its name is “PeTuH” which corresponds with BuDHa. Female name is “KuRiTSa” which corresponds with “CReSCent”

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Try improving your understanding.
There is no goddess called Batrakali in the Hindu pantheon. I can't find any festival anywhere called "Velinkucham". And there is no village by the name of "Karana" in Kerala - where this documentary supposedly takes place.
All this leads me to conclude that at best, the shown festival is a local event - not an annual Indian religious festival.
There is Batrakali goddess. Just google it. Festival name may be misspelled as he says it very chewed.
The village name might be Karna as again he don’t spell it and transfers from what he heard from villagers.
Anyway you can see that they have very old tradition connected with crane, young person and 365 days.
I think this tradition is based on RigVeda story about Soma as divine juice which was pressed by some special stones. According to text, the upper stone was fixed by ropes to lifting mechanism. This crane is an echo of that ritual.
Pressing stones is mechanism which is now known as Lingam of Shiva.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: There is no actual fish in the Chinese folktale. And the fisherman on the moon is a clever allegory for what causes tides. Again, neither has anything to do with god.
There is "Fish for the Moon in the Well" in Chinese story. And fisherman on the moon in Dreamworks logo. Being taken separately these facts say nothing, but if you put together all other described issues this starts to make sense.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: Then why did you state otherwise? .
Did I? quote please.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: He's not sleeping, he's meditating. Which is done during day. No connection to moon here either.
Sure meditating can be done day time. But it still connected with closed eyes which naturally are closed during sleep which takes place night time.
Also meditation is a kind of sleeping in terms of medicine.

(October 2, 2013 at 3:02 am)genkaus Wrote: First of all, this story makes no sense. Second of all, I'm not seeing Buddha in this. So, how is it supposed to prove that Buddha is moon?
It is Buddhist story man! Read it again. Buddhist monk tells openly – “look at the moon”. And story laughs with people who sees it everyday but cannot understand that its is “god”.

Do you know why Buddha is called piece of shit?

Preparing this reply I have found nice picture which connects god, moon and cow:
[Image: diana_goddess.png]
This is Roman goddess Diana which is connected with moon according to mythology. See, she has crescent diadem on her head and she’s riding bulls.

I don't know about the rest of it, but any thread which talks about Lakshmi's tits is okay in my book. [Image: thumbsup.gif]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 3, 2013 at 7:22 am)Monolens Wrote: Using the letter C on everyday basis, nobody really knows why this letter is having such shape.

Do they not have satire on your planet?

Hint: sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes - most of the time, actually - a curved shape isn't the Moon.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 3, 2013 at 6:36 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(October 3, 2013 at 7:22 am)Monolens Wrote: Using the letter C on everyday basis, nobody really knows why this letter is having such shape.

Do they not have satire on your planet?

Hint: sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes - most of the time, actually - a curved shape isn't the Moon.
For sure we have satire Smile
But C is very interesting letter and connected to this topic. In oldest Slavic alphabets this letter was transferred as "word".
Jesus is "word" according to Bible.
Remember, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"?
See how quickly C comes to gods characteristic? C?
Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.