Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 1:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lingvogeometry
RE: Lingvogeometry
(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Ok. But why you do not explain "air"? It is also the translation of given word.

I did. Air is considered a mighty force within Hindu mythology. Two of the physically strong characters in the Hindu mythology are sons of Wind god.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Also given synonyms can be related to any god. As god is strong, mighty, powerful, forced. So god is the bull? According to Vedas it is so. Why you even don't try to understand this simple concept?

A bull is a strong, mighty powerful animal. Gods are strong, might and powerful. So calling them bulls makes for a nice metaphor. Doesn't mean that they are bulls. Why you even don't try to understand this simple concept?

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: You are correct. But it is not the harvest of crop. They start new year from celebration of harvest of cinnamon. And this time no significant weather change occurs.
Mostly all fruits grow there all year long. Cinnamon harvest to special date is also tradition nether season related happening. Cinnamon's bark can be taken any day of year with same quality and state.

It doesn't matter what they harvest or whether or not they need to. They have a harvest festival. That harvest festival is celebrated with Vesak. And neither has any connection to rabbits.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: It is ok that you accept the moon rabbit. This motif is really common for all human civilizations and cultures. And I think you understand that putting this symbol onto national flags and coins indicates that it meant much more for those people than only the rabbit which they saw on the moon.
It is same as to put the hammer and sickle on the flag of Soviet Union without any meaning. Usually flag have symbols that are very important to people. Can you explain why rabbit is so important for Ceylonians?

It isn't. They are not putting the rabbit on their national flags or coins.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Look closer to the story of Ganesh and you will quickly find many moon connections.

No, you won't. There are only one or two connections.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: 1. The Ganesha Purana prescribes a tilaka mark as well as a crescent moon on the forehead.

Wrong. The tilak mark is usually of either 'U' or 'V' shape or 3 parallel lines. Or dots.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: 2. A distinct form of Ganesha called Bhalachandra (IAST: bhālacandra; "Moon on the Forehead") includes that iconographic element.

That's one of his 108 names. Others include Dhoomravarna (smoke-colored), Kaveesha (master of poets), Lambodara (pot-bellied), Musikvahana (mouse-rider) and so on and on and on.

Sorry, that name doesn't mean he is a lunar deity.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Even the story of Ganesh broken tusk is straightly connected to the moon:
Ganesh was very annoyed, and thought that jeer had offended him. Resentful, he removed his right tusk and threw it to the moon face.

That's the one connection - and that not only establishes moon god as a separate entity but as an offender inferior to Ganesha.

Further, other explanations for the missing tusk include breaking it off to keep writing Mahabharata and losing it in a fight with Parshurama.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Moon is one of the main motifs of elephants costume on Hindu festivals.

No it isn't. And I'm not seeing it in the picture either.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: By the way do you know the Karan story about the white elephant? It is said that one unusual white elephant forced full army to step back.
There is no white elephant in nature. So we have to understand it as allegory. Since Islam is moon religion most possible that this allegory is dedicated to its main deity. What do you think about it?

I think you are just making shit up now.

White elephants - or rather Albino elephants - do exist in nature and are understandably depicted as pure white. Further, they're regarded as special due to rarity. That's how you should understand any allegory regarding white elephants.

And I don't know of any Karan story about white elephant. But if it is about Hindu mythology, I know that there is no such story.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: At least you don’t deny little similarity. I can add LePorid (rabbit) to LeV, aLFa, eLePHant to have full picture.

And I can add LuPus, LeProsy, LaVatory and LaVa to give an even fuller picture - similarity means nothing.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: I don’t say that they worshiped moon only. But if you read modern ideas about world religions you will find that most authors claim the sun to be only one god’s association and the moon only muslim stuff. I disagree with that and as you see have enough arguments for thinking this way.

If that was all you were trying to disprove then there would've been no need for these ridiculous arguments. Moon was one of the deities in ancient religions - as were sun, earth, wind, thunder and so on. That much can be established through the reading of any of their texts and wouldn't require your convoluted reasoning.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Think about the word “mass” in terms of action of worship. Don’t you see MSS is also here?
I agree that bowing down is a sign of accepting of somebody’s power and its prevalent to many religions. But why bowing down? Why not jumping or splitting? Every action has a reason. Especially so common MaNner.

Because when you bow, you literally lower yourself.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Ok. The circle is second basic moon characteristic. In many cases historical scientists are studying archeological findings and is something circular found they count that people were having sun religion. Somehow they forget that the moon can be also characterized by this shape. I’m more than sure that suns on Srilankan symbols are fullmoons originally. As they celebrate every fullmoon day and connect it with Buddha, but not celebrate Sundays Smile

On the other hand, perhaps all the symbols are about the sun. The full circle represents normal sun, the crescent represents solar eclipse, any semicircles represent rising sun and Srilankans used rabbit because they like playing with rabbits under the sun.

Your ridiculous logic works both ways.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Indra and Soma are avatars. It is easy to understand while reading the text. Same epithets are used for both gods and in several cases combined names are used: Indra-Soma (VII, 104)
Same to Soma-Rudra (VI, 74).
Hope you agree that Soma is moon god. So you can see one more evidence that bull was connected with moon by ancients as bull is also one of Rudra’s (Soma’s) epithet.

No, Indra and Soma are not Avatars. Same epithets are used because the same metaphor can work for different gods. Further, calling the gods mighty does not prove that they are bulls. The names are not combined - the "and" is implied. And if you are looking at connections - others include Indra-Agni, Indra-Vayu, Indra-Varuna, Indra-Vishnu, Mitra-Varuna, Agni-Durga, Indra-Brahaspati, and so on. None of which have anything to do with Soma - the moon god. Which means, moon is only one of the many gods mentioned in Rigveda - a fact already established - and there is no connection to bulls.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: So Rudra, Shiva, Soma and Indra are same moon god. That’s what I say. How to call the religion non moon oriented if mostly all its gods are lunar deities?

You are wrong. Rudra and Shiva are the same god - but not a lunar deity. Soma is a lunar deity and Indra is not.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Krishna is called Krishnachandra in many cases (Chandra means moon). He is connected to moon as he was appeared during Moon dynasty. His name is also GOWinda (COWinda)
His name is KRiSHna (CReSCent) means black. This is moon allegory. Moon is becoming black every month.
His animal is cow. And he plays on pipe which symbolizes horn.

No, he's not called Krishnachandra.
No, he's not connected to the moon.
His name, Govinda, refers to his being raised as a cowherd.
His name Krishna (dark) is not a moon allegory - it is a reference to his dark skin.
His animal is not a cow. The cow motif appears only in his childhood depictions when he was a cowherd.
And his flute does not symbolize a horn.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Vishnu is avatar of Krishna. So it has same characteristics. You can see that on coin of 200 year BC he is pictured with both crescent and horns.

Krishna is an avatar of Vishnu - not the other way around. And please provide evidence that the coin is supposed to depict Krishna.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Main symbols of Lakshmi is MONey (silver circles). And her tits as tits have shape that was connected by ancients with crescent moon shape. And milk from tits was connected with milk of cow which is moon allegory. You can find another moon allegories if you check Lakshmi’s symbols. Bow, coconut, wheel, lotus etc.

So, the symbol for goddess of wealth is money? Who would've thunk?

Again, money is not a moon allegory - its money. And her tits are not connected to moon either. Neither are cows connected to moon. Nor any of the other symbols such as wheel or lotus.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: None refer traditionally. But just look at the shapes of her symbols. Bow, cup, tongue, shield, scull
Kali translated as black as in case of Krishna. She is also moon allegory.

None of which mean "moon".

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Sure this is muslim hat. But Hindus have same. I told you before, it matters what you see and not what you are looking at. If you look at this kind of head you see crescent shape.

No, I don't. And Hindus don't have the same hat.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Hindus will not laugh if somebody understands their hardest secret. This hats help them to look important and this is a part of NLP story which I have told you before.

Once again - not a Hindu hat. Also ridiculous is the notion that any hat of that sort would make anyone look important in Hinduism. Also ridiculous is the idea that they secretly worship the moon.

And yes, Hindus will laugh at you if you suggest that their religion is all about the moon and their icons represent it. I should know, I grew up a Hindu and I'm laughing at you right now.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Yes, this is why not only this kind of bird is divine.

Thus proving that the connection between crane and crescent means nothing.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Sorry, my mistake. Of course peacock is not cock.
Rooster is used for weather needs only now. Originally it was placed on temples as a symbol of god. Its shape is crescent like.
In Russian its name is “PeTuH” which corresponds with BuDHa. Female name is “KuRiTSa” which corresponds with “CReSCent”

Proof that it was ever placed as a symbol for god?

And your so called phonetic connections are getting more and more ridiculous by the second. Next you'll be drawing a connection between feces and Jesus.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: There is Batrakali goddess. Just google it. Festival name may be misspelled as he says it very chewed.
The village name might be Karna as again he don’t spell it and transfers from what he heard from villagers.
Anyway you can see that they have very old tradition connected with crane, young person and 365 days.
I think this tradition is based on RigVeda story about Soma as divine juice which was pressed by some special stones. According to text, the upper stone was fixed by ropes to lifting mechanism. This crane is an echo of that ritual.
Pressing stones is mechanism which is now known as Lingam of Shiva.

There is no Batrakali and google says so too. Get me the correct name for the festival and I'll check out the rest of your ridiculous assertions.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: There is "Fish for the Moon in the Well" in Chinese story. And fisherman on the moon in Dreamworks logo. Being taken separately these facts say nothing, but if you put together all other described issues this starts to make sense.

And given that there is no point of commonality here - there is no reason to put them together,

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Did I? quote please.

Here:

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Latin “cervus” is coming from same PIE root as “horn” - *ker-, which if you remember is the root for “crescent”.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Sure meditating can be done day time. But it still connected with closed eyes which naturally are closed during sleep which takes place night time.
Also meditation is a kind of sleeping in terms of medicine.

Now that's just bullshit. Closing eyes is not required for meditation - though it helps. And no, it isn't sleeping in any terms.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: It is Buddhist story man! Read it again. Buddhist monk tells openly – “look at the moon”. And story laughs with people who sees it everyday but cannot understand that its is “god”.

Yeah - not seeing any of that in the story. No mention of Buddhism or the moon being god.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Do you know why Buddha is called piece of shit?

I didn't know he was - but I'm sure shit has something to do with moon.

Let me guess - shit sounds like night. Night is when moon comes up. Therefore, calling Buddha a piece of shit must mean that he is the moon.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: This is Roman goddess Diana which is connected with moon according to mythology. See, she has crescent diadem on her head and she’s riding bulls.
'

Wow, the roman moon goddess Diana has a crescent in her hair? Stop the presses.

But wait - Diana, or rather Artemis, her Hellenic version, is not really connected to bulls. Her favored animal is the deer. Her supposed connection to bulls come from misinterpretation of the term Artemis Tauropolos, which can mean "pulled by the bulls" but actually is more likely to mean "worshiped at Tauris" - which is much more in line with the rest of her mythical persona.
(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: I did. Air is considered a mighty force within Hindu mythology. Two of the physically strong characters in the Hindu mythology are sons of Wind god.
A bull is a strong, mighty powerful animal. Gods are strong, might and powerful. So calling them bulls makes for a nice metaphor. Doesn't mean that they are bulls. Why you even don't try to understand this simple concept?
I understand that gods are not bulls. It is a metaphor for crescent moon. That is why it is connected with air. They have seen bull horns in the air and logically connected it.
You must understand that ancient people were living in very simple society and were having very simple conceptual apparatus. Something that looks very simple and Apopheniс for modern people, 10 thousand years ago was kind of highest mathematics and complicated logic.
If you will read RigVeda by fresh mind you will not see there difficult philosophy or extra unusual concepts. All hymns are relatively same. They sing how they fire the bonfire, make simple rice cakes, press some narcotic weed juice, mix it with milk, drink and sing about the reality that they see around. As this happens mostly by night, they make verses about moon and stars using very simple allegories as moon-bull, milky way, flying horses, wheel or boat in the sky and so on.
Same motifs you can find in any religion or culture. That time people did not have wide list of surrounding objects. Cows, horses, birds, boats, simple huts, bows, cups, fishing nets. That is all they have that time. So if they see the moon how should they explain its nature? Only in terms available around.
They did not have cars, computers, internet, paper, pens, houses different food. Only simple thing give by nature. It is for you the skeleton of dead cow is nothing interesting as you have seen it many times during study. But for that people it was the highest pick of engineering art. They were studying from the nature about how things work and have transferred these knowledge in only available terminology.
That is why Russian "KoRaBl" (ship) sounds same as "KoRoVa" (cow) because the frame of ship is constructively same as a frame of animal skeleton.
Just for your reference "caravel" is coming from the name of simple boat covered with cow leather.
If you want to become real researcher, to understand ancient thoughts you must start thinking in terms of that time and with concepts available that time.
Watch this movie. There is still that kind of people on our earth. They have cow which is Alpha and Omega of their lifes. It gives milk and blood for drinking, urine as antiseptic, shit as construction material and fuel, skin and bones as art and again construction materials, meat as food. All they have gives only one horned animal. Is it not a point to call it divine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...7WfOiLDOvY

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: It doesn't matter what they harvest or whether or not they need to. They have a harvest festival. That harvest festival is celebrated with Vesak. And neither has any connection to rabbits.
Except it is celebrated in full moon day and the moon is connected with rabbit according to their own arts.

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: It isn't. They are not putting the rabbit on their national flags or coins.
But they did. The flags and coins I have showed are very ancient. So why ancient people were putting rabbit on the flag if it not important?

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote:
(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: 1. The Ganesha Purana prescribes a tilaka mark as well as a crescent moon on the forehead.
Wrong. The tilak mark is usually of either 'U' or 'V' shape or 3 parallel lines. Or dots.
Hah! Don't you find it funny? 'V' shape and 'U' shape as well as dot are the shapes of crescent and circle moon. So why did they put these shapes on forehead?
Regarding Ganesh Purana it was a quote from Wikipedia. You can claim them that they are wrong!

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: That's one of his 108 names. Others include Dhoomravarna (smoke-colored), Kaveesha (master of poets), Lambodara (pot-bellied), Musikvahana (mouse-rider) and so on and on and on.
Sorry, that name doesn't mean he is a lunar deity.
bhālacandra means that Ganesh is a deity with moon on his forehead. If it was said that he has rectangle on his head it could be hard to connect it with moon. But he has MOON of forehead, so it means he is connected to the moon somehow. Can you explain how? Why he is having that moon there?

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: That's the one connection - and that not only establishes moon god as a separate entity but as an offender inferior to Ganesha.
Further, other explanations for the missing tusk include breaking it off to keep writing Mahabharata and losing it in a fight with Parshurama.
Do you really believe that there was a person with head of elephant who was fighting by his tusks while riding a mouse or he was able to throw his tusk on the moon? Can't you understand that these are only allegories. It is metaphoric description of some real stuff seen by people that time. What did they see to come up with such allegories???

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: No it isn't. And I'm not seeing it in the picture either.
Ok. The crescents I talk about are right on his nose. Now do you see them?

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: I think you are just making shit up now.
White elephants - or rather Albino elephants - do exist in nature and are understandably depicted as pure white. Further, they're regarded as special due to rarity. That's how you should understand any allegory regarding white elephants.
And I don't know of any Karan story about white elephant. But if it is about Hindu mythology, I know that there is no such story.
Where did you get that albino elephants are pure white? According to wiki they are:
A white elephant (also albino elephant) is a rare kind of elephant, but not a distinct species. Although often depicted as snow white, their skin is normally a soft reddish-brown, turning a light pink when wet. They have fair eyelashes and toenails.
I think you did not read Quran and that is why don’t remember.
Please refer to this wikipage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Elephant
Abraha, incensed, launched an expedition of forty thousand men against the Kaaba at Mecca, led by a white elephant named Mahmud (and possibly with other elephants - some accounts state there were several elephants, or even as many as eight) in order to destroy the Kaaba. Several Arab tribes attempted to fight him on the way, but were defeated.
According to the Qur'an, the next day, as Abraha prepared to enter the city, a dark cloud of small birds appeared. The birds carried small rocks in their beaks, and bombarded the Ethiopian forces, who fled in panic. Abraha was seriously wounded and he retreated towards Yemen but died on the way. However, the animals of Abraha's army were not killed, and the tribes saw this as a sign of the holiness of the Kaaba.

Oops. Birds are again there Smile

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: And I can add LuPus, LeProsy, LaVatory and LaVa to give an even fuller picture - similarity means nothing.
Why not? You think that there will be no connection?
LuPus - wolf. An animal which first association is that wolves roar on the moon. Did you know it?
Actually wolves don't do that. They are connected to the moon as they have crescent shape in their exterior. Ancient people recognized that and quickly connected two concepts on similar shape basis.

LeProsy etymology comes from PIE root *lep- which means "scale", "good"
GooD = GoD, Scales have well recognizable crescent shape.
[Image: wolf_moon.png]
LaVatory - etymology come from PIE root *leu(e)- which means "to wash". It is connected with water which usually comes from sky. Remember that Messiah means "watered", Mosas - "taken from water" and Christian ritual of baptizing is putting somebody into water.
LaVa comes from same root "to wash"
You can add more words and ensure that all examples will come to previously mentioned semantic core.

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: On the other hand, perhaps all the symbols are about the sun. The full circle represents normal sun, the crescent represents solar eclipse, any semicircles represent rising sun and Srilankans used rabbit because they like playing with rabbits under the sun.
As I have told you before. I was also thinking that both circle and semicircle are about the sun. But deeper research with reading myself originals of all available religious text gave me another picture. Mostly all of interpretations given by modern historians are wrong. And they are wrong due to political reasons. For 2 thousand years Christian "sunny" religion fights with eastern "moon" religion Islam. What do you think if historians will inform that they have researched the books and found that most world religions are lunar. First, who would believe them, second, it was very risky, same as it is risky now.
How will Americans fight against Muslims if they understood that they have completely same roots of beliefs?

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: No, Indra and Soma are not Avatars. Same epithets are used because the same metaphor can work for different gods. Further, calling the gods mighty does not prove that they are bulls. The names are not combined - the "and" is implied. And if you are looking at connections - others include Indra-Agni, Indra-Vayu, Indra-Varuna, Indra-Vishnu, Mitra-Varuna, Agni-Durga, Indra-Brahaspati, and so on. None of which have anything to do with Soma - the moon god. Which means, moon is only one of the many gods mentioned in Rigveda - a fact already established - and there is no connection to bulls.
Ok. There some quests in RigVeda. Interesting how you gonna explain it:
Formed with twelve spokes, by length of time, unweakened, rolls round the heaven this wheel of
during Order. Herein established, joined in pairs together, seven hundred Sons and twenty stand, O Agni.

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: You are wrong. Rudra and Shiva are the same god - but not a lunar deity. Soma is a lunar deity and Indra is not.
Shiva is riding the bull Nandi. His symbol is कौमुदी kaumudī - crescent. Which is the cup that symbolizes Soma drink. Also he holds triśūla - tree spear. It is the crescent on stick.
He has snake around his neck. Snake is famous symbol of god/devil in many traditions. Guess why? Just remind what uniqueness have snakes.
[Image: snake.png]

Every snake has special kind of tongue - spitted one. People have seen these kind of "horns" and count it as a god symbol. In other traditions snake is the symbol of devil. As you know devil is imaged as horned gay with trisula in his hand and spitted tongue in his mouth.
[Image: davil.gif]

So Shiva and Rudra, who is his avatar are fully connected to moon symbols. Why we cannot count them as lunar deities?
(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: No, he's not called Krishnachandra .
It is stated in some Krishnaism text available in Russian. Cant find English source.
But in The Bhagavad Gita Krishna itself says: "Among the stars I'm the moon".
In Krishnaism book Chaitanya Charitamrita there are many allegories of Krishna as moon:
"The face of Kṛṣṇa is the king of all moons, and the body of Kṛṣṇa is the throne. Thus the king governs a society of moons.
"Kṛṣṇa has two cheeks that shine like glowing gems. Both are considered full moons. His forehead is considered a half moon, and the spot of sandalwood there is considered a full moon.
"His fingernails are many full moons, and they dance on the flute in His hands. Their song is the melody of that flute. His toenails are also many full moons, and they dance on the ground. Their song is the jingling of His ankle bells.
"Kṛṣṇa's face is the enjoyer king. That full-moon face makes His shark-shaped earrings and lotus eyes dance. His eyebrows are like bows, and His eyes are like arrows. His ears are fixed on the string of that bow, and when His eyes spread to His ears, He pierces the hearts of the gopīs.

You can see same allegories that were used in Rig Veda about Ashvins: cheeks, eyebrows, eyes, ears and so on.

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: His name, Govinda, refers to his being raised as a cowherd.
So why do you say he is not connected to the cow? He is a cow boy. Jesus was also born in the place full of horned animals. And he is a cowherd too.
As Krishna it self is an allegory. What can be coded by such allegory? Or you believe there was a real man with blue skin flying between stars?

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: And his flute does not symbolize a horn.
It symboloses him as an cowherd. And again comes to cow. Sky cow, as Krishna is god.

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: Krishna is an avatar of Vishnu - not the other way around. And please provide evidence that the coin is supposed to depict Krishna.
This coin is Indian silver drahma of greek-bakrian king Agafokla (190-180 BC)
It is stated in Russian part of wiki: http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D1%8...0%BD%D0%B0

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: So, the symbol for goddess of wealth is money? Who would've thunk?
Again, money is not a moon allegory - its money. And her tits are not connected to moon either. Neither are cows connected to moon. Nor any of the other symbols such as wheel or lotus.
As money, tits, coconut and wheel are round shape they can be combined on this logic basis. Lotus, bow, shell, cup have semicircle shape and it can be connected also.
The question is why Lakshmi symbols have so many references to this two shapes?

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote:
(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: None refer traditionally. But just look at the shapes of her symbols. Bow, cup, tongue, shield, scull
Kali translated as black as in case of Krishna. She is also moon allegory.
None of which mean "moon".
Again same question. Why so many symbols of same crescent like shape? Coincidence?

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: No, I don't. And Hindus don't have the same hat.
(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: Once again - not a Hindu hat. Also ridiculous is the notion that any hat of that sort would make anyone look important in Hinduism. Also ridiculous is the idea that they secretly worship the moon.
And yes, Hindus will laugh at you if you suggest that their religion is all about the moon and their icons represent it. I should know, I grew up a Hindu and I'm laughing at you right now.
Ok. For Hindus hat I meant this one:
[Image: turban2.jpg]

Looking at this person in such kind of hat, firstly your brain analyses the shape of object and then color set. After it makes mathematic calculation and “understands” what you actually see. So having a crescent in your image is like to have hacking tool for the brains of other people. This shape is perceived by our “biocomputers” as a special command code (god) meaning that next coming important data.
Moon-god conception is first, basic and prevailing conception for humanity. Religion uses this “cheat code” to make free access to you neurotic channels, to record the data inside your brain without your perceived control.
Marketing is using same instruments. Look around you. What kinds of successful company logos you see around?
Nike (Nose).
Reebok (Rybka (fish in russian), logo forms cross)
Adidas (jesus) (triangle logo)
Asics (jesus)
Playboy – rabbit
aPPLe - BiBLe
Mini – moon
Paramount – crescent shaped logo.
Red bull …
Opera’s browser Coast with “magic” C letter.

[Image: logos_moon.png]

So back to HaT (GoD, CoDe) The image of hat is very important.
That is why in gentleman society it is usual to take hat off. Not because everybody is raised, but because if someone will be in big hat and other will not, that person will have artificial authority.
Read any NLP book to understand this concept. You will laugh much less after.
[Image: hats.jpg]
[Image: hats2.jpg]

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: Proof that it was ever placed as a symbol for god?
Easy! Wiki: In the sixth century, it is reputed that Pope Gregory I declared the cock the emblem of Christianity saying the rooster was "the most suitable emblem of Christianity", being "the emblem of St Peter"
You can find more in internet. Rooster is placed on catholic churches. Proof accepted?
There are also enough cocks in Hinduism:
In the western Indian state of Gujarat, an event of the Makar Sankranti festival is kozhi kettu, the rooster fight. Kozhi kettu is an ancient ritual of Tulunadu and an ancient ritual associated with the ‘daivasthanams’ (temples) there.

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: There is no Batrakali and google says so too. Get me the correct name for the festival and I'll check out the rest of your ridiculous assertions.
Probably it is Bhadrakali - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhadrakali
I have told you that gay from video don’t spell it. That is why I can make mistake in writing.
But if you’ll check in google for Bhardakali festival you will find also this link and it means I talk about same action:
http://www.hindudevotionalblog.com/2011/...-2011.html
Interesting to have you idea about the tradition with crane.

(October 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm)Monolens Wrote: Did I? quote please.
Here:
(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Latin “cervus” is coming from same PIE root as “horn” - *ker-, which if you remember is the root for “crescent”.
I said right. “Korova” (cow) comes from “horn” which comes from *ker (growing). Same root for crescent.
So there is a strongest connection in language between the cow and crescent. Your opinion why?

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: Now that's just bullshit. Closing eyes is not required for meditation - though it helps. And no, it isn't sleeping in any terms.
Ok. Then prove that Buddha is meditating on this kind of statue, but not sleeping.
[Image: 13335_1346138673]

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: I didn't know he was - but I'm sure shit has something to do with moon.
Let me guess - shit sounds like night. Night is when moon comes up. Therefore, calling Buddha a piece of shit must mean that he is the moon.
In terms of linguistics «god” and “shit” are very close. But it is not the reason.
Check below story. It is well known by Buddhists. But no one will ever tell you why Buddha is called so.
"What is Buddha? A dried shit stick". Such a statement about Mohammed or Jesus would provoke outrage amongst Muslims or Christians but to the pious Buddhist who asked the question in T'ang dynasty China, Master Ummon's reply was a precious teaching. It was so valued that it has been passed down from more than 1,000 years and is now case 21 in the Gateless Gate, one of the main collections of Zen koans.
If you are familiar with Sanskrit you might know that shit is called “GoBa” in this language. This word is similar with “CoW” and in most cases means cow shit.
Then look what Hindus do with cow shit. They form shit cakes that shape is semicircle. (Start play from 5m23s)
http://youtu.be/u1QuhwbFdlU?t=5m23s
As Buddha is lunar deity it was called piece of shit due to form of shit and relation of it to cow. And the deer by the way, as he was making his first mess in deer park.
Also Buddha is called “silver plate” and “flowering branch of plum” again because this object have moon connected shapes.
[Image: silver_plate.png]
And no any metaphysics which Buddhists turn on if you ask them to explain above concepts.

(October 4, 2013 at 4:08 am)genkaus Wrote: Wow, the roman moon goddess Diana has a crescent in her hair? Stop the presses.
But wait - Diana, or rather Artemis, her Hellenic version, is not really connected to bulls. Her favored animal is the deer. Her supposed connection to bulls come from misinterpretation of the term Artemis Tauropolos, which can mean "pulled by the bulls" but actually is more likely to mean "worshiped at Tauris" - which is much more in line with the rest of her mythical persona.
Latin taurus "bull, bullock, steer," from PIE *tauro- "bull"
Deer is another horned animal.
Latin "cervus" (deer) comes from same root as “horn”, “korova” and “crescent”.
And this root is *ker – to grow.
May be now you can agree with visible connection between moon, god and horned animals in ancient traditions.
Or you still don’t see them?
Nurse, he's doing it again!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: I understand that gods are not bulls. It is a metaphor for crescent moon. That is why it is connected with air. They have seen bull horns in the air and logically connected it.
You must understand that ancient people were living in very simple society and were having very simple conceptual apparatus. Something that looks very simple and Apopheniс for modern people, 10 thousand years ago was kind of highest mathematics and complicated logic.
If you will read RigVeda by fresh mind you will not see there difficult philosophy or extra unusual concepts. All hymns are relatively same. They sing how they fire the bonfire, make simple rice cakes, press some narcotic weed juice, mix it with milk, drink and sing about the reality that they see around. As this happens mostly by night, they make verses about moon and stars using very simple allegories as moon-bull, milky way, flying horses, wheel or boat in the sky and so on.
Same motifs you can find in any religion or culture. That time people did not have wide list of surrounding objects. Cows, horses, birds, boats, simple huts, bows, cups, fishing nets. That is all they have that time. So if they see the moon how should they explain its nature? Only in terms available around.
They did not have cars, computers, internet, paper, pens, houses different food. Only simple thing give by nature. It is for you the skeleton of dead cow is nothing interesting as you have seen it many times during study. But for that people it was the highest pick of engineering art. They were studying from the nature about how things work and have transferred these knowledge in only available terminology.
That is why Russian "KoRaBl" (ship) sounds same as "KoRoVa" (cow) because the frame of ship is constructively same as a frame of animal skeleton.
Just for your reference "caravel" is coming from the name of simple boat covered with cow leather.
If you want to become real researcher, to understand ancient thoughts you must start thinking in terms of that time and with concepts available that time.
Watch this movie. There is still that kind of people on our earth. They have cow which is Alpha and Omega of their lifes. It gives milk and blood for drinking, urine as antiseptic, shit as construction material and fuel, skin and bones as art and again construction materials, meat as food. All they have gives only one horned animal. Is it not a point to call it divine?

What a load of crap.

Rigveda is pretty simple - there are no hidden meanings or any secret references to moon. Where there is a reference to the moon, it says so explicitly. They revered cows because it was a useful animal - not because they could contort their imaginations to make it look like a moon. They regarded bull as a might animal, air as a mighty element and gods as mighty entities - so they used the word meaning "mighty" to describe them all. There are no allegories or subtle moon references.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Except it is celebrated in full moon day and the moon is connected with rabbit according to their own arts.

Except, the full-moon celebration is because of the lunar calendar, the festival is celebrated in many other countries and there is no rabbit associated with the festival.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: But they did. The flags and coins I have showed are very ancient. So why ancient people were putting rabbit on the flag if it not important?

Because the moon looks like it has a rabbit on it and it was a clever way of depicting the moon. Which is why it's found in some of the art - though not on national icons.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Hah! Don't you find it funny? 'V' shape and 'U' shape as well as dot are the shapes of crescent and circle moon. So why did they put these shapes on forehead?
Regarding Ganesh Purana it was a quote from Wikipedia. You can claim them that they are wrong!

I find it funny that you think that. 'V' and 'U' are not crescent shapes - nor are they meant to symbolize it. And the same goes for the dots.
And I couldn't find your 'quote' anywhere on Wikipedia. So only you are in the wring here.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: bhālacandra means that Ganesh is a deity with moon on his forehead. If it was said that he has rectangle on his head it could be hard to connect it with moon. But he has MOON of forehead, so it means he is connected to the moon somehow. Can you explain how? Why he is having that moon there?

Because his father has moon on his head.

Ganesha is the son of Shiva. Shiva is commonly depicted as having a moon on his head. That feature carried over to Ganesha. Which is why he is depicted as having a moon on his head. No need to invoke any lunar deities.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Do you really believe that there was a person with head of elephant who was fighting by his tusks while riding a mouse or he was able to throw his tusk on the moon? Can't you understand that these are only allegories. It is metaphoric description of some real stuff seen by people that time. What did they see to come up with such allegories???

I don't believe it - but there are others who do. I'd say that the people who wrote this stuff believed it as well. They were not coming up with allegories, they were expanding on myths already present.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Where did you get that albino elephants are pure white? According to wiki they are:
A white elephant (also albino elephant) is a rare kind of elephant, but not a distinct species. Although often depicted as snow white, their skin is normally a soft reddish-brown, turning a light pink when wet. They have fair eyelashes and toenails.

Did you read your own post? The wiki says the exact same thing as I did. Albino elephants are called white elephants and are depicted as pure white in myths, legends and art while not being so in real life.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: I think you did not read Quran and that is why don’t remember.
Please refer to this wikipage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Elephant
Abraha, incensed, launched an expedition of forty thousand men against the Kaaba at Mecca, led by a white elephant named Mahmud (and possibly with other elephants - some accounts state there were several elephants, or even as many as eight) in order to destroy the Kaaba. Several Arab tribes attempted to fight him on the way, but were defeated.
According to the Qur'an, the next day, as Abraha prepared to enter the city, a dark cloud of small birds appeared. The birds carried small rocks in their beaks, and bombarded the Ethiopian forces, who fled in panic. Abraha was seriously wounded and he retreated towards Yemen but died on the way. However, the animals of Abraha's army were not killed, and the tribes saw this as a sign of the holiness of the Kaaba.

Oops. Birds are again there Smile

So, in this context, the elephant was opposing god and therefore not regarded as god's animal. Oops.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Why not? You think that there will be no connection?
LuPus - wolf. An animal which first association is that wolves roar on the moon. Did you know it?
Actually wolves don't do that. They are connected to the moon as they have crescent shape in their exterior. Ancient people recognized that and quickly connected two concepts on similar shape basis.

Wrong. If that was the association with moon, then they'd be associated with new moon and not full moon. Do better research next time.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: LeProsy etymology comes from PIE root *lep- which means "scale", "good"
GooD = GoD, Scales have well recognizable crescent shape.

That stretch is too ridiculous to even dignify with a reply.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: LaVatory - etymology come from PIE root *leu(e)- which means "to wash". It is connected with water which usually comes from sky. Remember that Messiah means "watered", Mosas - "taken from water" and Christian ritual of baptizing is putting somebody into water.
LaVa comes from same root "to wash"
You can add more words and ensure that all examples will come to previously mentioned semantic core.

But they don't have the same semantic core. There is no moon associated with lavatories.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: As I have told you before. I was also thinking that both circle and semicircle are about the sun. But deeper research with reading myself originals of all available religious text gave me another picture. Mostly all of interpretations given by modern historians are wrong. And they are wrong due to political reasons. For 2 thousand years Christian "sunny" religion fights with eastern "moon" religion Islam. What do you think if historians will inform that they have researched the books and found that most world religions are lunar. First, who would believe them, second, it was very risky, same as it is risky now.
How will Americans fight against Muslims if they understood that they have completely same roots of beliefs?

Don't be ridiculous. Both have the same root beliefs - both religions are Abrahamic religions. And both are about the sun. Its the Muslims who've misinterpreted the eclipse sun for the crescent moon.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Ok. There some quests in RigVeda. Interesting how you gonna explain it:
Formed with twelve spokes, by length of time, unweakened, rolls round the heaven this wheel of
during Order. Herein established, joined in pairs together, seven hundred Sons and twenty stand, O Agni.

A prayer made to Agni - god of fire - referencing his role as the Sun. Which is, after all, made of fire. Also, the wheel is a common motif depicted time - inexorably moving forward while being cyclical in nature - and sun is used to keep time.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Shiva is riding the bull Nandi. His symbol is कौमुदी kaumudī - crescent. Which is the cup that symbolizes Soma drink. Also he holds triśūla - tree spear. It is the crescent on stick.
He has snake around his neck. Snake is famous symbol of god/devil in many traditions. Guess why? Just remind what uniqueness have snakes.

Every snake has special kind of tongue - spitted one. People have seen these kind of "horns" and count it as a god symbol. In other traditions snake is the symbol of devil. As you know devil is imaged as horned gay with trisula in his hand and spitted tongue in his mouth.

So Shiva and Rudra, who is his avatar are fully connected to moon symbols. Why we cannot count them as lunar deities?

Because you are wrong on every count except one.

Rudra (Shiva) and Soma (moon god) are mentioned together in Rigveda - that is the only reason for the one moon motifs seen in his depiction - the crescent.

Kaumadi does not mean crescent. It does not mean a cup of Somaras. Shiva holds a trident - which is not a crescent on a stick. People also don't reverse snkaes because of their tongues. They are holy within Hinduism and evil within Christianity - completely different. Thus, snakes are not connected to the moon. Which is why, Shiva is not a lunar deity.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: It is stated in some Krishnaism text available in Russian. Cant find English source.

Then you read a mistranslation.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: But in The Bhagavad Gita Krishna itself says: "Among the stars I'm the moon".

Try not to quote-mine. The full quote is "Of the Ādityas I am Viṣṇu, of lights I am the radiant sun, of the Maruts I am Marīci, and among the stars I am the moon."

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: In Krishnaism book Chaitanya Charitamrita there are many allegories of Krishna as moon:
"The face of Kṛṣṇa is the king of all moons, and the body of Kṛṣṇa is the throne. Thus the king governs a society of moons.
"Kṛṣṇa has two cheeks that shine like glowing gems. Both are considered full moons. His forehead is considered a half moon, and the spot of sandalwood there is considered a full moon.
"His fingernails are many full moons, and they dance on the flute in His hands. Their song is the melody of that flute. His toenails are also many full moons, and they dance on the ground. Their song is the jingling of His ankle bells.
"Kṛṣṇa's face is the enjoyer king. That full-moon face makes His shark-shaped earrings and lotus eyes dance. His eyebrows are like bows, and His eyes are like arrows. His ears are fixed on the string of that bow, and when His eyes spread to His ears, He pierces the hearts of the gopīs.

You can see same allegories that were used in Rig Veda about Ashvins: cheeks, eyebrows, eyes, ears and so on.

And you take this poetic description to literally mean that Krishna was the moon? Try reading the full text. You'll find many other "allegories" comparing him to sky, sun, stars, lotuses, jewels and so on. Picking and choosing one part while ignoring the rest does not magically prove your point.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: So why do you say he is not connected to the cow? He is a cow boy. Jesus was also born in the place full of horned animals. And he is a cowherd too.
As Krishna it self is an allegory. What can be coded by such allegory? Or you believe there was a real man with blue skin flying between stars?

He is connected to the cows - but not to moon. And I don't remember Jesus being a cowherd - I thought he was a carpenter.

And no, Krishna is not an allegory. People actually did believe and do believe in the dark-skinned god. Though, I'm not sure where you are getting this "flying in the stars" crap from.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: It symboloses him as an cowherd. And again comes to cow. Sky cow, as Krishna is god.

No, if doesn't. Cowherds don't carry flutes. The flute is not related to cows.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: This coin is Indian silver drahma of greek-bakrian king Agafokla (190-180 BC)
It is stated in Russian part of wiki: http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D1%8...0%BD%D0%B0

You should read your own wiki more carefully.

Quote:Indian silver drachma Greco-Bactrian king Agathocles ( 190 - 180 BC. e. ) Adults: (right), Vasudeva Krishna in a decorated helmet with earrings and a vase holding a sword and a disc chakra . Caption Brahmi : Rajani Agathuklayasa "King Agathocles" . Arranged: (from left) Balarama , patterned in a helmet with earrings, a sword, holding a mace in his right hand and a plow in the left. Greek inscription: Basilios Agathocleous "King Agathocles" .

No mention of crescents or horns anywhere.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: As money, tits, coconut and wheel are round shape they can be combined on this logic basis. Lotus, bow, shell, cup have semicircle shape and it can be connected also.
The question is why Lakshmi symbols have so many references to this two shapes?

Have you even looked at these things. Tits and coconuts are not round. Lotus and cups are round - but I'm not seeing any cups. Bows are not semicircular - also, they're not connected to Lakshmi and shells don't fit any of the given categories.

Further, in this case, the common elements are lotus, money, coconut and shell - all of which have different symbolic meaning that have nothing to do with their respective shapes.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Again same question. Why so many symbols of same crescent like shape? Coincidence?

Same answer. Most are not crescents. And those that are are not connected to moon.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Ok. For Hindus hat I meant this one:
[Image: turban2.jpg]

Also not a Hindu hat. That guy is a Sikh. Sikhism is a different religion and I'm still laughing at you.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Looking at this person in such kind of hat, firstly your brain analyses the shape of object and then color set. After it makes mathematic calculation and “understands” what you actually see. So having a crescent in your image is like to have hacking tool for the brains of other people. This shape is perceived by our “biocomputers” as a special command code (god) meaning that next coming important data.

Nobody is perceiving a crescent here. That turban is shaped nothing like a crescent.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Moon-god conception is first, basic and prevailing conception for humanity.

Bullshit.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Religion uses this “cheat code” to make free access to you neurotic channels, to record the data inside your brain without your perceived control.
Marketing is using same instruments. Look around you. What kinds of successful company logos you see around?
Nike (Nose).
Reebok (Rybka (fish in russian), logo forms cross)
Adidas (jesus) (triangle logo)
Asics (jesus)
Playboy – rabbit
aPPLe - BiBLe
Mini – moon
Paramount – crescent shaped logo.
Red bull …
Opera’s browser Coast with “magic” C letter.

You are the only one "seeing" those connections - connections which are not actually there. Meaning, you are seeing what you want to.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: So back to HaT (GoD, CoDe) The image of hat is very important.
That is why in gentleman society it is usual to take hat off. Not because everybody is raised, but because if someone will be in big hat and other will not, that person will have artificial authority.
Read any NLP book to understand this concept. You will laugh much less after.

Nope. Pretty sure I'm still laughing as much at your nonsensical notions.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Easy! Wiki: In the sixth century, it is reputed that Pope Gregory I declared the cock the emblem of Christianity saying the rooster was "the most suitable emblem of Christianity", being "the emblem of St Peter"
You can find more in internet. Rooster is placed on catholic churches. Proof accepted?
There are also enough cocks in Hinduism:
In the western Indian state of Gujarat, an event of the Makar Sankranti festival is kozhi kettu, the rooster fight. Kozhi kettu is an ancient ritual of Tulunadu and an ancient ritual associated with the ‘daivasthanams’ (temples) there.

Okay for Christianity. Not so much for Hinduism. Ritual cockfights do not elevate the rooster to a holy position.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Probably it is Bhadrakali - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhadrakali
I have told you that gay from video don’t spell it. That is why I can make mistake in writing.
But if you’ll check in google for Bhardakali festival you will find also this link and it means I talk about same action:
http://www.hindudevotionalblog.com/2011/...-2011.html
Interesting to have you idea about the tradition with crane.

Only that neither the goddess nor the ritual has anything to do with moon or cranes, it is a local event and it doesn't support your insane hypothesis.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: I said right. “Korova” (cow) comes from “horn” which comes from *ker (growing). Same root for crescent.
So there is a strongest connection in language between the cow and crescent. Your opinion why?

Sorry - not the same root. Horn comes from *ḱer- (ḱerh₂-, ḱreh₂-, ḱerh₂-ei-, ḱerh₂-eu-) meaning "horn, upper part of the head". Crescent comes from *ḱer- (ḱerh₁-, ḱreh₁-) meaning "to grow". Two different roots. A linguist would've known the difference.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Ok. Then prove that Buddha is meditating on this kind of statue, but not sleeping.

That statue depicts Buddha about to die and enter Nirvana. Still not sleeping.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: In terms of linguistics «god” and “shit” are very close. But it is not the reason.
Check below story. It is well known by Buddhists. But no one will ever tell you why Buddha is called so.
"What is Buddha? A dried shit stick". Such a statement about Mohammed or Jesus would provoke outrage amongst Muslims or Christians but to the pious Buddhist who asked the question in T'ang dynasty China, Master Ummon's reply was a precious teaching. It was so valued that it has been passed down from more than 1,000 years and is now case 21 in the Gateless Gate, one of the main collections of Zen koans.

Sorry - not buying this load of shit.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: If you are familiar with Sanskrit you might know that shit is called “GoBa” in this language. This word is similar with “CoW” and in most cases means cow shit.
Then look what Hindus do with cow shit. They form shit cakes that shape is semicircle. (Start play from 5m23s)

Actually, its not called "Goba". There are many words for shit - that is not one of them. Figure out the right word for shit and the difference with cow-shit and then I'll tell you its significance - which has nothing to do with god or moon.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: As Buddha is lunar deity it was called piece of shit due to form of shit and relation of it to cow. And the deer by the way, as he was making his first mess in deer park.

Again, I call bullshit.

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Latin taurus "bull, bullock, steer," from PIE *tauro- "bull"
Deer is another horned animal.
Latin "cervus" (deer) comes from same root as “horn”, “korova” and “crescent”.
And this root is *ker – to grow.
May be now you can agree with visible connection between moon, god and horned animals in ancient traditions.
Or you still don’t see them?

There isn't. As indicated earlier, the root for horn is "top; horn" and root for crescent is "to grow". And Diana's incidental association with bulls is explained by her worship in Tauris.
(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: What a load of crap.
Just listen yourself: CRaP = KoRoVa (cow).
Americans say “holy crap”. Did you ever think why it is holy?
Or “holy shit”? Which is usually “bull shit”.
And you say it just after I told you the story that Buddhists call Buddha “shit”. Buddha is “holy shit”, “holy bull shit”.
Russian word for shit is “GoWno”. Again the cow coming.
(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: I find it funny that you think that. 'V' and 'U' are not crescent shapes - nor are they meant to symbolize it. And the same goes for the dots.
And I couldn't find your 'quote' anywhere on Wikipedia. So only you are in the wring here.
Can you give evidence that “U” and “V” on the forehead of deity are not meant to symbolize crescent?
For quotes try look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganesha
Interesting how did you miss my quotes there. All taken from chapter “Common attributes“

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: Ganesha is the son of Shiva. Shiva is commonly depicted as having a moon on his head. That feature carried over to Ganesha. Which is why he is depicted as having a moon on his head. No need to invoke any lunar deities.
But why Shiva is commonly depicted as having a moon on his head? Just for fun? Or coincidently?
Wise people say: “Look to the roots”. Each action has root. If somebody has putted the crescent on the forehead of Shiva there must be an explanation which connects this god to this symbol. Try to explain it without connection of Shiva to the moon.

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: I don't believe it - but there are others who do. I'd say that the people who wrote this stuff believed it as well. They were not coming up with allegories, they were expanding on myths already present.
And its enough you think? How did that symbols came in already present myths?

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: Wrong. If that was the association with moon, then they'd be associated with new moon and not full moon. Do better research next time.

This is too simple logic. If something is associated with new moon it automatically associated with full moon, as new and full are to two states of one object.
If you will see the shape of rabbit on the full moon will you argue that there are no rabbit during new moon time? Interesting how. If you just don’t see it during some time it does not mean rabbit disappears somewhere. It is still there, so it can be associated whith both new and full moon.
Srilankan people see the rabbit on full moon, but put it on the sign of new moon.

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: But they don't have the same semantic core. There is no moon associated with lavatories.
I understood. You cannot build complex associations. I can teach you, it is simple.
Lavatory is associated with water. Water is associated with boat, as boat is device to use water.
Boat has shape identical to the shape of crescent. Thus lavatory is associated with moon via this logic chain.
Moses who came on a small boat is called “taken from the water”.
Buddha is sitting on the boat-like lotus or lying on the bed (boat). Boat and bad have identical crescent shape. Buddha’s main day is celebrated every month in full moon day. So logic connection boat-god-moon is again here. Not saying that in Russian “bed” means KRoWat and “boat” means KoRaBl
Did you ever pass IQ test? If you don’t understand such simple associations how you can pass it?
I have 132 IQ. May be that is why I understand something that is not available for you. How much do you have?

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: Don't be ridiculous. Both have the same root beliefs - both religions are Abrahamic religions. And both are about the sun. Its the Muslims who've misinterpreted the eclipse sun for the crescent moon.
And what object causes eclipse sun? Moon my friend. So eclipse is not only sun event. It is lunar event too. And the shape of the eclipse is nothing special for people who sees crescent moon every month. Why should they divinize that?

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote:
(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: Ok. There some quests in RigVeda. Interesting how you gonna explain it:
A prayer made to Agni - god of fire - referencing his role as the Sun. Which is, after all, made of fire. Also, the wheel is a common motif depicted time - inexorably moving forward while being cyclical in nature - and sun is used to keep time.
Ok. But why you did not explain “twelve spokes” and “seven hundred twenty sons”?

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: Kaumadi does not mean crescent.
Well. You must send this insight to google dictionary developers. As their dictionary counts कौमुदी (Kaumadi) to be translated as moonlight. They are wrong?

(October 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm)Monolens Wrote: So why do you say he is not connected to the cow? He is a cow boy. Jesus was also born in the place full of horned animals. And he is a cowherd too.
(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: He is connected to the cows - but not to moon. And I don't remember Jesus being a cowherd - I thought he was a carpenter.
Jesus father was a carpenter.
Jesus is called in the bible cowherd, which literally means he is cowherd for people. (John 10:11)
And it connects him with cows as well as Krishna is connected to cows.

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: No, if doesn't. Cowherds don't carry flutes. The flute is not related to cows.

Flute is a cowherd’s instrument same as and axe for carpenter. Cowherds use it to rule animals.
Moreover, many flutelike music instruments are made from cow horn. So there is a connection.

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: You should read your own wiki more carefully. No mention of crescents or horns anywhere.
Crescent and horns are imaged on the coin. In text it is stated that Vishnu is imaged on coins. He is having horns there and crescent above his head.
Wiki is wrote for people smart enough to see themselves that there are crescent and horns. Why should it chew this simple things?
Anyway. How can you explain horns and crescent on Vishnu?

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: Also not a Hindu hat. That guy is a Sikh. Sikhism is a different religion and I'm still laughing at you.
Sikhs are not live in India? Is Sikhism a moon religion? Check their symbols and you will be surprised.
And what Wiki says about turban:
A turban, is a kind of headwear based on cloth winding. Featuring many variations, it is worn as customary headwear, usually by men. Communities with prominent turban-wearing traditions can be found in South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Near East, the Arabian Peninsula, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, and parts of the Swahili Coast. Turbans worn in South Asia are known as Pagri.
So this kind of hat is not only Sikh’s hat. It is widely used over South Asia.

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: That turban is shaped nothing like a crescent.
Open your eyes man. I don’t believe you don’t see this identity:
[Image: crescent_sikh.png]

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: You are the only one "seeing" those connections - connections which are not actually there. Meaning, you are seeing what you want to.
Nope. There is a whole direction in marketing, which is called neuromarketing. Read “Buyology” if you are interested.

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: Okay for Christianity. Not so much for Hinduism. Ritual cockfights do not elevate the rooster to a holy position.
They don’t do that in direct way, which I understood you want to see as evidence. Despite this, rooster is connected to Hinduism via ritual cockfight. Thus as in Christianity there is a connection between god and cock.

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: Sorry - not the same root. Horn comes from *ḱer- (ḱerh₂-, ḱreh₂-, ḱerh₂-ei-, ḱerh₂-eu-) meaning "horn, upper part of the head". Crescent comes from *ḱer- (ḱerh₁-, ḱreh₁-) meaning "to grow". Two different roots. A linguist would've known the difference.
As a linguist I understand that *ker- and *ker- sound and written completely same way.
Crescent has same shape as horn of bull and it is strange not to connect these roots together via this basis.
[Image: zFdPJWY2Gcw.jpg]
And remember I’m telling you about new theory – Lingvogeometry. With time, traditional linguistics will have to correct many its rules due to new findings available with this theory

(October 5, 2013 at 3:40 am)genkaus Wrote: There isn't. As indicated earlier, the root for horn is "top; horn" and root for crescent is "to grow". And Diana's incidental association with bulls is explained by her worship in Tauris.
Look how it sounds like:
Diana in lunar deity – true.
Diana is having crescent moon on her head – true.
Diana is associated with bull as she worships in bull Taurus - true.
Bull’s horns have shape similar with crescent – true

Bull has no connection to moon…..

This is insane logic. If you don’t understand such simple associations, means you don’t have enough logic to make reverse analysis of god related allegories.
Everything that is written about gods is allegory. Nobody has never seen elephant headed man, flying bulls or resurrected people.
(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: I understood. You cannot build complex associations. I can teach you, it is simple.
Lavatory is associated with water. Water is associated with boat, as boat is device to use water.
Boat has shape identical to the shape of crescent. Thus lavatory is associated with moon via this logic chain.
Buddha is sitting on the boat-like lotus or lying on the bed (boat). Boat and bad have identical crescent shape. Buddha’s main day is celebrated every month in full moon day. So logic connection boat-god-moon is again here. Not saying that in Russian “bed” means KRoWat and “boat” means KoRaBl
Did you ever pass IQ test? If you don’t understand such simple associations how you can pass it?

Now I know where I've seen this sort of thing before...

Batman - The Movie (1966) Wrote:Commissioner Gordon: It could be any one of them... But which one? Which ones?

Batman: Pretty 'fishy' what happened to me on that ladder...

Commissioner Gordon: You mean where there's a fish there could be a Penguin?

Robin: But wait! It happened at sea... See? C for Catwoman!

Batman: That exploding shark was pulling my leg...

Commissioner Gordon: The Joker!

Chief O'Hara: All adds up to a sinister riddle... Riddle-R. Riddler!

Commissioner Gordon: A thought strikes me... So dreadful I scarcely dare give it utterance...

Batman: The four of them... Their forces combined...

Robin: Holy nightmare!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
How did I miss this comedic gold until now?
(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Just listen yourself: CRaP = KoRoVa (cow).
Americans say “holy crap”. Did you ever think why it is holy?
Or “holy shit”? Which is usually “bull shit”.
And you say it just after I told you the story that Buddhists call Buddha “shit”. Buddha is “holy shit”, “holy bull shit”.
Russian word for shit is “GoWno”. Again the cow coming.

So, now people worship shit? Your ideas get crazier by the second.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: an you give evidence that “U” and “V” on the forehead of deity are not meant to symbolize crescent?
For quotes try look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganesha
Interesting how did you miss my quotes there. All taken from chapter “Common attributes“

Sure. The U/V symbolizes deity's feet. Thus, not crescent.

As for Ganesha - you better read the rest of the passage. His tilak symbolizes a third eye - again, not a crescent.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: But why Shiva is commonly depicted as having a moon on his head? Just for fun? Or coincidently?
Wise people say: “Look to the roots”. Each action has root. If somebody has putted the crescent on the forehead of Shiva there must be an explanation which connects this god to this symbol. Try to explain it without connection of Shiva to the moon.

There is an explanation - and it has been given to you already. Rudra (Shiva) and Soma (Moon god) are mentions together a few times in Rigveda (as separate entities). As Rudra outstripped the moon in popularity, this association led to the common depiction of having a moon on his head. That's the root. Rudra is not a lunar deity, he just happened to be mentioned with one.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: And its enough you think? How did that symbols came in already present myths?

From an artist's flights of fancy that became popular. From a writer trying to write stories that'd make sense in context. All sorts of reasons, actually.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: This is too simple logic. If something is associated with new moon it automatically associated with full moon, as new and full are to two states of one object.
If you will see the shape of rabbit on the full moon will you argue that there are no rabbit during new moon time? Interesting how. If you just don’t see it during some time it does not mean rabbit disappears somewhere. It is still there, so it can be associated whith both new and full moon.
Srilankan people see the rabbit on full moon, but put it on the sign of new moon.

I think you are confusing simple with moronic. Wolves are associated with full moon primarily - not with new moon. If your hypothesis was correct and the connection came from bending your imagination backwards to see a crescent shape - then they'd be associated with new moon primarily - not full moon.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: I understood. You cannot build complex associations. I can teach you, it is simple.
I have 132 IQ. May be that is why I understand something that is not available for you. How much do you have?

That's not very high. I see, you imagine all these connections because of your average IQ. My own rests comfortably within a variation of 145-160. To put it in simple terms - mine's bigger.

Hold on a second - My IQ - MQ - that's almost like the first two letters of the moon. Q is sufficiently similar to O and it is also the shape of full moon. So, the moon is connected to My IQ.
Holy Crap.
Holy Crap - I just said "holy crap" twice - which is another thing people worship.

The logical connection is as obvious and undeniable as your own - the ancients thought I am GOD.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: And what object causes eclipse sun? Moon my friend. So eclipse is not only sun event. It is lunar event too. And the shape of the eclipse is nothing special for people who sees crescent moon every month. Why should they divinize that?

Except they didn't know it was the moon eclipsing the sun. So, they were simply deifying the sun - not the moon.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Ok. But why you did not explain “twelve spokes” and “seven hundred twenty sons”?

Hindu day was divided into 12 periods - instead of 24 hours - measured by the passage of sun. Thus, 12 spokes with one revolution marking a day. The 720 is a reference to Vedic geometry, where a full circle was divided in 720 parts - instead of 360 degrees - and astrology was based on that.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Well. You must send this insight to google dictionary developers. As their dictionary counts कौमुदी (Kaumadi) to be translated as moonlight. They are wrong?

No, you are wrong. You said it meant crescent. It doesn't.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Jesus father was a carpenter.
Jesus is called in the bible cowherd, which literally means he is cowherd for people. (John 10:11)
And it connects him with cows as well as Krishna is connected to cows.

Wrong again. Jesus was called a shepherd - not a cowherd. So there is no connection to cows. Further, Jesus was being called a shepherd metaphorically - he wasn't actually herding sheep. Krishna, on the other hand, was literally herding cows.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Flute is a cowherd’s instrument same as and axe for carpenter. Cowherds use it to rule animals.
Moreover, many flutelike music instruments are made from cow horn. So there is a connection.

A cowherd's "instrument" is a stick. And a carpenter's instrument is not an axe.
And Krishna was not playing any instrument made of cow's horn - he was playing a flute. Which does not connect him to cows.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Crescent and horns are imaged on the coin. In text it is stated that Vishnu is imaged on coins. He is having horns there and crescent above his head.
Wiki is wrote for people smart enough to see themselves that there are crescent and horns. Why should it chew this simple things?

By telling you, again, that there are no crescent or horns. The wiki states pretty clearly that what's on his head are not crescents or horns. That certain deluded people see crescents and horns everywhere is not the wiki's fault.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Sikhs are not live in India? Is Sikhism a moon religion? Check their symbols and you will be surprised.
And what Wiki says about turban:
A turban, is a kind of headwear based on cloth winding. Featuring many variations, it is worn as customary headwear, usually by men. Communities with prominent turban-wearing traditions can be found in South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Near East, the Arabian Peninsula, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, and parts of the Swahili Coast. Turbans worn in South Asia are known as Pagri.
So this kind of hat is not only Sikh’s hat. It is widely used over South Asia.

No, you moron. Sikhs live in all those areas, which is why their particular headwear is prominent there. As for the rest - Sikhs living in India does not make them Hindus. No more than Buddhists, Jains, Muslims, Chritians, Parsis and Jews also living in India are not Hindus. As far as I know, Sikhism is not a moon religion. And I'm guessing, they'd laugh at the suggestion as well.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Open your eyes man. I don’t believe you don’t see this identity:

The turban doesn't fit that shape.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Nope. There is a whole direction in marketing, which is called neuromarketing. Read “Buyology” if you are interested.

I'm not. And you are still the only one seeing the moon connection everywhere.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: They don’t do that in direct way, which I understood you want to see as evidence. Despite this, rooster is connected to Hinduism via ritual cockfight. Thus as in Christianity there is a connection between god and cock.

Wrong again. Ritual cockfight is a local phenomenon not specifically connected to religion itself. Thus, no connection.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: As a linguist I understand that *ker- and *ker- sound and written completely same way.
Crescent has same shape as horn of bull and it is strange not to connect these roots together via this basis.

Except, they mean things that are completely different and the post hoc connection implies nothing at all.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: And remember I’m telling you about new theory – Lingvogeometry. With time, traditional linguistics will have to correct many its rules due to new findings available with this theory

More likely you'll be laughed out of the auditorium.

When you publish your findings, could you include a footnote for other scientists to record their responses and post it on youtube? I love me a response video.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Look how it sounds like:
Diana is associated with bull as she worships in bull Taurus - true.
Bull’s horns have shape similar with crescent – true

Bull has no connection to moon…..

This is insane logic. If you don’t understand such simple associations, means you don’t have enough logic to make reverse analysis of god related allegories.
Everything that is written about gods is allegory. Nobody has never seen elephant headed man, flying bulls or resurrected people.

More like:

Diana is associated with bull as she worships in bull Taurus - false.
Bull’s horns have shape similar with crescent – false.

So, bulls have no connection to moon.
(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: So, now people worship shit? Your ideas get crazier by the second.
It is not my ideas.
All Americans use strong linguistic cliché: “Holy shit” and “Holy crap”. Ask them if they worship to shit.
My explanation you know. What is yours?

(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: As for Ganesha - you better read the rest of the passage. His tilak symbolizes a third eye - again, not a crescent.
What is third eye? Do you believe that people might have third eye?
Eye is another very common allegory for moon. Look at the Jesus ichty sign. It is eye. Egyptians, Slavs, Hindus, Masonry. Everybody refer to some sky related eye. What is it? Can you show the eye in the sky?
[Image: ihtis_eye.png]

(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: From an artist's flights of fancy that became popular. From a writer trying to write stories that'd make sense in context. All sorts of reasons, actually.
Alright. So Hinduism is somebody’s fancy?
Then try to fancy some story, which will not be based on stuff you see around. Use your flight of fancy. Sure, you will not develop a sentence without using real objects in you story. Thus, even if ancient artist was developing the fancy story it was based on real objects he saw around.

(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: I think you are confusing simple with moronic. Wolves are associated with full moon primarily - not with new moon. If your hypothesis was correct and the connection came from bending your imagination backwards to see a crescent shape - then they'd be associated with new moon primarily - not full moon.
Nope. I told you before. Association with full moon is the association with moon itself. As moon has two different shapes any association connects object both to new and full moon.
In Islamic traditions wolves are associated with new moon. Search google for this words and you will see that: wolf crescent moon

(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: That's not very high. I see, you imagine all these connections because of your average IQ. My own rests comfortably within a variation of 145-160. To put it in simple terms - mine's bigger.
Probably we talk about different kinds of test.
For example to join Mensa society the minimum accepted score on the Stanford-Binet is 132, while for the Cattell it is 148.
Mine is for Stanford-Binet and yours must be for Cattell test.
Despite of this, 145 and 160 are two completely different levels. If you have 145 it is good result. But if you really have 160 you are one of tens persons from all humanity.
But as I see how you solve simple logic tests you don’t have such high results. So don’t cheat.
Also your following text about MQ, from psychological point of view, roars that you are cheating Wink
Couse when people are cheating they don’t fill comfortable and start to tell bullshit, which is not connected to the main story.
Watch “Lie to me” to understand it.
(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: Except they didn't know it was the moon eclipsing the sun. So, they were simply deifying the sun - not the moon.
Why do you think they did not know? They were not stupid to see how moon is moving around the sky and understand that trajectory of moon and sun are crossed. And they were deifying the moon, which has the power to cover the sun.
Moon is an object associated with night and darkness. If sun was getting dark, first what they were thinking that night-god is taking it over.
What is the reason to deify an object, which is disappearing while being covered by some other dark object? Can you explain?

(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote:
(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Ok. But why you did not explain “twelve spokes” and “seven hundred twenty sons”?
Hindu day was divided into 12 periods - instead of 24 hours - measured by the passage of sun. Thus, 12 spokes with one revolution marking a day. The 720 is a reference to Vedic geometry, where a full circle was divided in 720 parts - instead of 360 degrees - and astrology was based on that.
There are no references in RigVeda to 12 periods days or Vedic geometry or astrology. The answer is much simpler than strange “seven hundred twenty sectors of imaginary circle joined in pairs together”
720 is 360 days joined with 360 nights – one year period.
12 – lunar months during one year.
Remember the quest:
“Formed with twelve spokes, by length of time, unweakened, rolls round the heaven this wheel of during Order “
The wheel of order which is rolling round the heaven is specific object they were seeing in the sky. It is moon without any doubt.

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Well. You must send this insight to google dictionary developers. As their dictionary counts कौमुदी (Kaumadi) to be translated as moonlight. They are wrong?
No, you are wrong. You said it meant crescent. It doesn't.
I said it means moon. Crescent is not moon. It is its geometrical shape. Do you understand the difference?

(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: Wrong again. Jesus was called a shepherd - not a cowherd. So there is no connection to cows. Further, Jesus was being called a shepherd metaphorically - he wasn't actually herding sheep. Krishna, on the other hand, was literally herding cows.
So what? Both guys were herds. Both connected to horned animals. Sheep horns has crescent shape.
SHeeP = SHiP. As I said before, ship due to its shape comes into many god related stories.
[Image: wBf09TTCxOA.jpg]

(October 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm)Monolens Wrote: Crescent and horns are imaged on the coin. In text it is stated that Vishnu is imaged on coins. He is having horns there and crescent above his head.

By telling you, again, that there are no crescent or horns. The wiki states pretty clearly that what's on his head are not crescents or horns. That certain deluded people see crescents and horns everywhere is not the wiki's fault.

Wiki states: Vasudeva Krishna in a decorated helmet
Quote were you have found it states the helmet has no crescent or horns.
Again posting a picture. Please explaine what kind of decoration has helmet of Vasudeva Krishna.
[Image: vishnu_moon.png]

(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: No, you moron. Sikhs live in all those areas, which is why their particular headwear is prominent there. As for the rest - Sikhs living in India does not make them Hindus. No more than Buddhists, Jains, Muslims, Chritians, Parsis and Jews also living in India are not Hindus. As far as I know, Sikhism is not a moon religion. And I'm guessing, they'd laugh at the suggestion as well.
Yeah. Sikhs magicly fallen down from the sky on territory of India Smile
Let me point you attention on Sikhism main attributes:
There are 5 items associated with Sikhism:
kēs (uncut hair), kaṅghā (small wooden comb), kaṛā (circular steel or iron bracelet), kirpān (sword/dagger), and kacchera (special undergarment).

[Image: sikhs.png]

kēs is hair which grows all life long. Beard and mustache counted as kēs also. kēs is covered by turban with accented crescent or ball like shape.
HaiR = HaRe
BeaRD = BiRD
MuSTache = MeSyaC

kaṅghā – Crescent shaped comb.
KaNGha = KiNG

kaṛā (circular steel or iron bracelet) कड़ा – silver color round braslet.
Translation of word kaṛā gives good example of forecasting power of presented theory.
कड़ा – stiff, rigid, hard and Spartan.
Interesting, what is so special about Spartans. Google images give answer.
[Image: romans.png]
Spartans had V shape on their shields and crescent shape toupee.
kirpān – crescent shaped sword.
kaccheraV shaped trousers.

And their sign is Khanda, which has completely crescent shape when wore.

[Image: sikh_crescent.png]

Not moon religion? Aha.

(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: The turban doesn't fit that shape.
Then prove it. Show the difference between turban shape and crescent shape imaged.

(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: Wrong again. Ritual cockfight is a local phenomenon not specifically connected to religion itself. Thus, no connection.
Listen to yourself: “Ritual cockfight is not connected to religion”
IT IS RITUAL! Ritual means related to religion. Moreover, it happens during religion festivals.

(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: When you publish your findings, could you include a footnote for other scientists to record their responses and post it on youtube? I love me a response video.
Sure I will do it with time. And you are welcome with response.

(October 7, 2013 at 1:12 am)genkaus Wrote: So, bulls have no connection to moon.
Ok. I believe you understand the connection, but you have to defend your first point.
There is an example from Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_bull

The Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh depicts the killing by Gilgamesh and Enkidu of the Bull of Heaven, Gugalana, first husband of Ereshkigal, as an act of defiance of the gods. From the earliest times, the bull was lunar in Mesopotamia (its horns representing the crescent moon).[1]
1. Jules Cashford, The Moon: Myth and Image 2003, begins the section "Bull and cow" pp 102ff with the simple observation: “Other animals become epiphanies of the Moon because they look like the moon.... the sharp horns of a bull or cow were seen to match the pointed curve of the waxing and waning crescents so exactly that the powers of the one were attributed to the other, each gaining the other's potency as well as their own.”
Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.
(October 7, 2013 at 4:27 pm)Monolens Wrote: So who’s moron?

... Too easy.