Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 5:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
(November 16, 2013 at 5:15 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Fuck, you too?

Everyone, please take note: this is why punctuation is important. Wars have been started over unfortunate grammar.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 16, 2013 at 7:57 pm)Stimbo Wrote:

Everyone, please take note: this is why punctuation is important. Wars have been started over unfortunate grammar.

Fuck you, too?
Say this line putting the emphasis on the bolded word for each one.

You want me to do that?

You want me to do that?

You want me to do that?

You want me to do that?

You want me to do that?

Changes quite a bit the meaning of the sentence.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Enjoying the first glass of my homemade apple wine that's been aging for 22 months
Listening to Cut Copy on Spotify.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Just got back from a walk in the hills with the wife and dog. Stopped for a hot dog on the way home so dinner is out of the way. Sitting on the couch with my feet up. My girl Heidi is lying beside me with her head resting on my hip. I've just started an Omaha hi lo for half a million funny money chips. Then I've got the local basketball team, Golden State Warriors playing Utah coming on in an hour and a half. Life is good.
(November 16, 2013 at 7:57 pm)Stimbo Wrote:

And lots of families have been started by missed periods. :p

(I'm too classy a motherfucker to toy with colons.)
Listening to The Naked and Famous on Spotify, about to transition to a webcast of University of Portland vs. Seattle University in the women's soccer NCAA's.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I am feeling tired, humiliated, hurt, angry, sad, broken, confused, and shocked that I even considered another person's feelings over my own when they never deserved it. Stop saying you will change if you won't. Stop crying if you don't care. Stop following me and calling me. I just want to be alone. I do well alone.

I am tired of this year. I need peace. Why do I keep forgiving? Why don't I love myself more? Why do I keep feeling guilty for taking care of myself? Fuck! I am doing what I would judge as foolish in others. I am angry at myself. I need to snap out of it.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(November 17, 2013 at 1:15 am)Ivy Wrote: I am feeling tired, humiliated, hurt, angry, sad, broken, confused, and shocked that I even considered another person's feelings over my own when they never deserved it. Stop saying you will change if you won't. Stop crying if you don't care. Stop following me and calling me. I just want to be alone. I do well alone.

I am tired of this year. I need peace. Why do I keep forgiving? Why don't I love myself more? Why do I keep feeling guilty for taking care of myself? Fuck! I am doing what I would judge as foolish in others. I am angry at myself. I need to snap out of it.

YES! You do need to snap out of it!

STOP trying to be supermom. Take MORE care of yourself, that way you can help those darlings of yours.

Tell the fuckwit to stay out of your life, and mean it. He has no power over you.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 77 4838 June 10, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Silver 9 1537 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball