Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 3:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
Just got back from town. Lunch in McDonald's, one of their 1955 burger meals. Think the assistant liked me, she gave me large fries for a medium meal because of the delay even though it was only about five minutes. On the other hand, she did say "this is for your weight" so maybe not.

On the way back, I was surprised to see Miley Cyrus giving an impromptu performance in town. Took me about ten minutes to realise it was just a homeless lady screaming at some pigeons.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Every now and then, I see an aura.
It's not common, happens about once every two months.
I close my eyes, and it's there. I try to read, but it blocks my vision. It's annoying.
Right now, I'm seeing it.
2 or 3 sides of a hexagon, flashing quickly between several colors.
The first time I saw it, I thought it was some eye problem. It went away so I just forgot about it.
The second time, I did the same...

The third time, I looked it up. Turns out, it's a common precursor for migraines... and true to the concept of precursor, half an hour later, my head hurt like hell. And I remember it happened too on the other times.
Nowadays, the migraines have been milder, or my tolerance has improved... I don't know.
I know I see the aura. No one else sees it... well, other people see similar auras.
Now the aura is gone... 30 minutes from now, migraine!... I should go to sleep, before that! Wink

I'm of the opinion I wasn't meant to hang with the Buddhists tonight. Two late buses and the resulting missing of my handicap transport would have put me there 5-10 minutes late. I would have gone anyway except that my handicap transport screwed my route last time, and my tardiness prompted an unsolicited promise from me not to be tardy again. Breaking my promise immediately following my making it just seemed bad form. So I'm in Starbucks inside Target, threatening to shop again. "Jeeves, how's the jenkem in this joint?"

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Working on a paper .. research is going well. Went to the library today but spent too much time looking at books and forgot to visit the Doctor Who collection before I had to leave for class. I should go tomorrow before work.

I don't know why, but for some reason I'm getting quite pissed at someone I'm arguing with on this forum.
Slowly making my way through the "Spring Cleaning" and quickly running out of enthusiasm .....

Actually just stopped for lunch...... getting back into it may be an issue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
That sounds like me, I'm always starting things I lose the will to finish. Then I invariably end up surrounded by all the things I've just carefully spent hours moving from where they were doiing no harm to where I will now have to sleep.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

I shopped down to almost my very last dime last night. They had corning ware plates with a cherry blossom design on sale, and I'm making more of my own meals these days, so I had planned to buy 6 of those, which I did. What I didn't plan on was the purple coffee maker which was also on sale. I'll post details later.

I just got done leaving a 2 hr training brief that consisted of power points that illustrate the dangers of turkey fires, burning Christmas trees, and what to do if a random gun man enters the work place and proceeds to go on a shooting rampage. I'm not sure why these things were grouped together. They didn't provide any data that linked turkey fires to acts of terrorism. Run! Hide! Then FIGHT! Lol, that's 2 hrs I'll never get back.

I need to reset and reinstall the stack on this machine. It's toasty, sucking up ungodly amounts of cpu. On the plus side, one desktop workstation back up, albeit only partly functional. (This install of XP is about 11-12 years old, and is close to useless. Also, only one of the two monitors usually attached is currently connected.)

I can photoshop again. /me twirls.

Sucking down a tsingtao with some red grapefruit juice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 77 4842 June 10, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Silver 9 1537 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball