Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 1:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.15 Average
What's everyone up to right now?
RE: What's everyone up to right now?
Reading about Paul Walker's death. Thinking I should watch more TV.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(November 30, 2013 at 11:23 pm)c172 Wrote: Reading about Paul Walker's death. Thinking I should watch more TV.

Omg I had no idea until I saw this. I only vaguely remember who he is but I looked him up and he's only 40. That is so sad.
About to start reading yet another translation of the Tao Te Ching. This one is based on the Ma-Wang-Tui manuscripts found in the 70's at Changsha, Hunan. It's intriguing for it's age(oldest extant version yet found) and that it has additional verses. If the author is correct, the new lines help clarify the book as a manual for enlightened governance. I'm only familiar with older translations so this should prove interesting.

Of course, if my Black Lab doesn't quit snoring I won't ever get started on it. I'm so easily distrac....

Just got back from critical thinking club. Listening to music and watching the Blu-ray of Kill Bill, v. 1.

[Image: production-ig-extends-kill-bill-anime.jpg]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Just got back from grocery shopping and watching the movie "Nebraska" at Landmark.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Trying to put off calling my father. My brother just informed me pop's cancer has either spread to his lungs or that the earlier diagnosis of esophageal cancer was a case of the oncologist not knowing anatomy. Not that it matters, I suppose.

...and now I have a bloody nose. Fucking magical.
Right now, I'm doing a really great job at procrastinating. I need to be doing homework, though.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
This whole thread this past week.

[Image: iY4ag40NCALv2.gif]
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Posting on Cruise Critic .com, learning about St. Maarten.
I've been there... what do you want to know?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Wearing Right Now? BrianSoddingBoru4 77 4837 June 10, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How You're "Feeling" Right Now (img mode) Silver 9 1537 May 19, 2021 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Fireball