Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 4:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
De-Motivational
RE: De-Motivational
(December 29, 2013 at 8:17 pm)Cinjin Wrote:
(December 29, 2013 at 8:03 pm)pocaracas Wrote: O great now I'm lost.

I don't get it.

Are you serious?
Heisenberg principle. If you know a particle's speed, you can't know it's position.
(December 29, 2013 at 8:35 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(December 29, 2013 at 8:17 pm)Cinjin Wrote: I don't get it.

Are you serious?
Heisenberg principle. If you know a particle's speed, you can't know it's position.

Are YOU serious?? You're telling jokes that require knowledge of scientific principles and then acting incredulous when asked about the punchline. Good one. This is the kind of nerd joke that gets shared at junior high sleep-overs and only gets laughs from math club virgins. Tell that to a woman you've never met and her next words to you will be, "I should really get going."
[Image: Evolution.png]

(December 29, 2013 at 9:43 pm)Cinjin Wrote:
(December 29, 2013 at 8:35 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Are you serious?

Are YOU serious?? You're telling jokes that require knowledge of scientific principles and then acting incredulous when asked about the punchline. Good one. This is the kind of nerd joke that gets shared at junior high sleep-overs and only gets laughs from math club virgins. Tell that to a woman you've never met and her next words to you will be, "I should really get going."

Yes, he's serious. This is something that anyone should have learned in high school.

And if that woman doesn't get the joke then she really should get going.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Whoa, everyone, let's not get too worked up over a physics joke now.

They should teach more physics in highschool, but do not, and I only learned of the principle from watching a lot of shows on the universe and by reading books that cover particle physics and quantum mechanics. It's not too outrageous to ask for clarification.
Well, if it is a pissing contest you all want, then I challenge you all to piss backwards over your heads. I can do it, but I'll be the last Big Grin
(December 29, 2013 at 9:43 pm)Cinjin Wrote:
(December 29, 2013 at 8:35 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Are you serious?

oh boy.... so many people turning out to be a bit too touchy feely...
Yes, I am aware that this joke, in particular, won't work as a standard pick-up line with a normal girl... That's why I took my wife to see a horror movie on our first date... gotta say that must have worked! Tongue
I thought people around here were a bit more educated and would get the joke... hence my "are you serious?"... I then explained the thing, in case you were indeed serious...
All this drama is... sad.
I got it </blowowntrumpet> Tongue
(December 30, 2013 at 11:34 am)pocaracas Wrote: oh boy.... so many people turning out to be a bit too touchy feely...

Indeed. I thought I was clearly being sarcastic, but apparently, people think I'm mad about it. I'm not remotely upset, nor is this a pissing contest.

Quote:I thought people around here were a bit more educated and would get the joke... hence my "are you serious?"... I then explained the thing, in case you were indeed serious...

What drama? If you could hear my tone while reading my text, you would know I was giving a good ribbing. Undecided

(December 30, 2013 at 3:18 pm)Cinjin Wrote:
(December 30, 2013 at 11:34 am)pocaracas Wrote: oh boy.... so many people turning out to be a bit too touchy feely...

Indeed. I thought I was clearly being sarcastic, but apparently, people think I'm mad about it. I'm not remotely upset, nor is this a pissing contest.

Quote:I thought people around here were a bit more educated and would get the joke... hence my "are you serious?"... I then explained the thing, in case you were indeed serious...

What drama? If you could hear my tone while reading my text, you would know I was giving a good ribbing. Undecided

Oh, good then! Smile
Unfortunately, tone doesn't translate too well into writing.
[Image: the_best_demotivational_posters_of_june_42.jpg]

[Image: resize.php?name=LzM3OC9XZWxjb21lLWhvbWUt...550&h=1200]

[Image: 041810_Demotivational_Posters_1.jpg]

[Image: mirror-demotivational-posters.jpg]

[Image: more-demotivational-posters-part49-8.jpg]