Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 7:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BILL NYE VS KEN HAM: TONIGHT AT 7 PM
RE: BILL NYE VS KEN HAM: TONIGHT AT 7 PM
Ham is completely breaking down during the answer questions phase. All he has said from the beginning is that everything is because the bible says so. Not even a pseudoscientific fact/argument. At least try, it's more entertaining that way.
Gotta run! Thanksk for the good time guys (and gals) I'll be back! Smile

Ham choked on the question of what would it take to convince him he was wrong, from an audience member. And with that, the seed of doubt is sown.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I just had an idea about what would go a long way in burying this creationist bullshit. I would watch a debate between Ham and let's say William Lane Craig or a scientist from the Vatican regarding creationsim.
(February 4, 2014 at 10:11 pm)rasetsu Wrote:

Ham choked on the question of what would it take to convince him he was wrong, from an audience member. And with that, the seed of doubt is sown.

Did he choke on a piece of ham.. he is soft as baby shit
(February 4, 2014 at 10:11 pm)rasetsu Wrote:

Yea that was a huge fail. I think even when he referred everyone to check out the bible for an explanation of how consciousness came from matter he lost credibility. A lot of creationist seem to think that there is evidence for what they believe in, it's just "covered up".
When Ham said that there are parts of the bible that are meant to be literal and other bits that are just poetry, I wanted Nye to ask him how he could tell which bits are meant to be which. He did tease him for a while but then let him off the hook.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 4, 2014 at 10:20 pm)Stimbo Wrote: When Ham said that there are parts of the bible that are meant to be literal and other bits that are just poetry, I wanted Nye to ask him how he could tell which bits are meant to be which. He did tease him for a while but then let him off the hook.

I found it striking that Ham essentially claimed that we can disregard Israelite law, a purely human activity despite the claim that some of it came from God, but that the ideas of creation of these same people is somehow unassailable.
Basically Ham thinks that the earth works in his own way because he says so, the bible means what he means because he says so.

Seriously? People gave this dude money to build a creationist museum?
(February 4, 2014 at 10:25 pm)Cato Wrote: I found it striking that Ham essentially claimed that we can disregard Israelite law, a purely human activity despite the claim that some of it came from God, but that the ideas of creation of these same people is somehow unassailable.

I liked how Ham claimed that the Bible condemns polygamy and that the early Israelites were sinning in embracing it.

So why does the Bible contain rules for polygamy? Divine regulation would imply tacit approval of the practice.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you lonesome tonight? Angrboda 23 4741 May 2, 2018 at 3:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Ken Ham is back. Manowar 16 1827 July 10, 2016 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Ken Ham sells lies. Brian37 3 900 March 21, 2016 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Bill Nye Big Think, Creationism. 5thHorseman 4 2856 August 28, 2012 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Gambit